rev pics 028.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 76
  • rev pics 046.jpg
    rev pics 046.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
superramjet... please repost the last 4 pictures so they can be enlarged... thumbs dont really help! But thanks for posting those.... I was beginning to go for WCF but maybe Ill go with REVs...

bah Im so flip floppy, only wanna do it once.

Love my REVs, going to install second pair this winter in my SN
You can pad them any way you want becuse they are big enough
I used layers of 8mm to shape them the way I wanted them

I always heard that splay foot was duck footed (toes turned out)
and pigeon toed was with the toes turned inwards??
My feet are too tight with 1/2" underpad on the bottom and turf only on the top.
I really like the ideas behind the REVs but I'll be modifying mine this winter so my feet aren't always sore.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
anyone used the WCF ones? That was my primary concern... they look to small to use with 25mm pad and turfed.... I plan on sanding down the foam in the area a bit but not much....

Big Kahuna

Administrator
anyone used the WCF ones? That was my primary concern... they look to small to use with 25mm pad and turfed.... I plan on sanding down the foam in the area a bit but not much....

the WCF holds will be fine, you will need to sand down the underpadding, but let me ask you something, are you riding in surf?? If not you really do not need the 25mm underpadding, you can go with 2 layers of 8mm and be just fine for flat water.

Y

yamaslut

REVs are the best IMO..

difficult to install, but by far the most foot room

btw - get 25mm underpadding for sure... sorry BK, I can't agree w/ that one

Attachments

• 3ec0d2ffc4a1.jpg
    3ec0d2ffc4a1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 05-02-07_1943.jpg
    05-02-07_1943.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 74
  • dbda9469a85f.jpg
    dbda9469a85f.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 369a90dec21a.jpg
    369a90dec21a.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 47

Mark44

Katie's Boss
XFT holds are the bomb don't count them out you need to ride a ski with them installed. I don't have them but have ridden an XFT ski and they were great it took a couple rides to get use to them.

Mark44

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
no way in hell I want xft footholds. Way to big and clunky, not a dedicated surf boat... hell Ive never even ridden surf (iron block 550s rust wayyy to easy), but I plan on taking the new SJet out on surf now.

Ill be goin with 25 mm pad, mostly cause of my ankle I just hurt I believe.

Looking at superramjets REV install I think I'll be getting those, however, I still like the WFC's and havnt seen installed and turfed pictures of those....

aqua

the taco
XFT holds are the bomb don't count them out you need to ride a ski with them installed. I don't have them but have ridden an XFT ski and they were great it took a couple rides to get use to them.

Mark44

i think my next holds will be xft's....i did ride them and did like them.....i ride flatwater only. i am afraid that I wouldnt like the revs being that they are so roomy. I dont want to have to put a quilt in there for my foot to stay. all of the rest look like they only hold the edge of your feet. my kickers are like this.

Last edited:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I'm ordering a set of ATP footholds soon. I like the 24/7's I ride now. REV's and XFT are way too comitted IMO. I may mod them a bit for slightly more enclosure, but nothing like the REV's.

Y

yamaslut

when I first started getting into footholds and all that on my ski, people use to say stuff like... Won't your feet get stuck in there.?.. bla bla bla..

I think you will find that is a non factor. I do understand your concern though... fyi - REVs are very simple to get your feet out, since your feet are not duck footed... Revs will allow your feet to exit the hold from a wider range...

XFT holds are completely unusable IMO and I am refering to the REVs w/o the enclosures... you don't have to put those gay things on there... absolutely no reason for them...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
when I first started getting into footholds and all that on my ski, people use to say stuff like... Won't your feet get stuck in there.?.. bla bla bla..

I think you will find that is a non factor. I do understand your concern though... fyi - REVs are very simple to get your feet out, since your feet are not duck footed... Revs will allow your feet to exit the hold from a wider range...

XFT holds are completely unusable IMO and I am refering to the REVs w/o the enclosures... you don't have to put those gay things on there... absolutely no reason for them...

the XFT's or the Rev's with the enclosures seem to be more geared towards flat water where you do have to have your feet tighter in the footholds than in the surf.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon

I have yet to damage myself and I never fear that it is going to happen when riding. When I crash, I hold on and keep everything where its suppose to be. Its the best thing I've learned since riding standups. The worst injury I've had (besides ginas), and handlebar bruises was a mouth full of lake. I've yet to get inverted, so I'm sure that will change.

The fact that I'm used to duck foot I want to stick with that style foothold. REV's w/o enclosures I can see your point. Your's look like they'd be okay.

The XFT steal your tray space. When I get tired I like to lay back in the tray. XFT's would cramp my sleeping style.

Top Bottom