Foothold types

ive tried many as well. first choice xfts next revs. id still like to try revs with enclosures.im not really liking my wammer rickters. ive tried others i just have the hardest time getting my foot to stay in foot holds.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
after really closely compairing the ones I made to my foot Ive decided that the REV's are the closest thing to them, and thats what Im gonna get. But I will probably heavily foam the deep heel section, or just cut it out and reglass to be shallower... (or perhaps none of that once I actually get them)...

so before I buy...

Anybody got a set of revs layin around they wanna sell?

Or wheres the cheapest outlet to get them? Straight from WDK?

ok i'm putting in holds this winter but my friend is doing it for me and i won't be there.

At first I wanted REVs but realized that you really needed to do a lot of fitting to get the EXACT snug fit on the foot. Since I won't be there, I firgured this would be a bad idea because it could easily be messed up.

(BTW, thisis my friends first time doing this)

So I have lately been wanting to get the 24-7 universal holds. They seemed easier to install and less work to get the exact fit, right?

So which choice would you go with if you were in MY SITUATION?

RedBullJunky

my clocks stuck on 4:20
xft,s all the way
i ride flat water and flat surf
i mean gulf surf, or chop
but my wells are great
they do get in the way of laying in the tray but i dont come out of them

Attachments

• footwells 001.jpg
    footwells 001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 75
  • footwells 002.jpg
    footwells 002.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 79

RedBullJunky

my clocks stuck on 4:20
you also need to look at there position in the tray
very far back for most people
my 24-7,s in my old ski were about 3-4 inches further forward
im 6 feet tall so these work great for me

If you're so concerned with how they come out, how about doing it yourself rather than having some who has never done it before screw it up.

ok i'm putting in holds this winter but my friend is doing it for me and i won't be there.

At first I wanted REVs but realized that you really needed to do a lot of fitting to get the EXACT snug fit on the foot. Since I won't be there, I firgured this would be a bad idea because it could easily be messed up.

(BTW, thisis my friends first time doing this)

So I have lately been wanting to get the 24-7 universal holds. They seemed easier to install and less work to get the exact fit, right?

So which choice would you go with if you were in MY SITUATION?

dont worry bro i got you covered. I got some revs laying around if you want me to make you a copy that is larger/smaller where you need it. id chop the top part of the ankles open to the top and reduce the flare into the tray a little....my .02

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
dont worry bro i got you covered. I got some revs laying around if you want me to make you a copy that is larger/smaller where you need it. id chop the top part of the ankles open to the top and reduce the flare into the tray a little....my .02

Have I told you I love you lately?

Whens your next free time (for this) or ridin?

Can you elaborate on that part. I don't understand. If you lay the foothold to the outside so it reduces the overhang into the tray then the foothold leans to the outside. I installed mine so that the ankle relief was about as large as possible. And still had a flat surface. Got any pictures .. or hell just a better video of the chick in your sig. :fing02:

goodq

x-h2o browser
Problem with XFT and REV's is that they have to be placed in the far back of the tray (I know the XFT's do)

If you want them to be placed forward to compensate for a shortened hull you won't be able to. I also agree that the XFT's take too much tray space.

However!! Sergio (XFT) made two new holds, one of them is a VERY cool idea for shortened hulls. The other is aimed towards freeride, hence inside the gunwales instead of protruding into the tray.

I don't know if I can display their pics here, I just emailed Sergio and if he agrees I'll post them here.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
xft,s all the way
i ride flat water and flat surf
i mean gulf surf, or chop
but my wells are great
they do get in the way of laying in the tray but i dont come out of them

sweet I like those. Yes they do take up the tray but I ride with my feet in the holds 98% of the time.

Mark44

goodq

x-h2o browser
I just got the green light from Sergio.

Here are the two new foot holds from XFT.

The first one is for freeride and the second is more for shortened hulls but also can be for freeride since you can use it for surf stance with one foot forward and one in the back.

My hull has the second hold (The green one)

Enjoy

Attachments

• P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 87
  • P1010090.jpg
    P1010090.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 69
  • P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 61

goodq

x-h2o browser
A few measurements on the second hold.

First pic with foot in front and the second with foot in the back.

This is such a great idea as for roles and other stuff you can stay in the front and for backies you can go to the back ones or surf stance.

Attachments

• hold measure2.jpg
    hold measure2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 87
  • medidas.jpg
    medidas.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 86
Y

yamaslut

A few measurements on the second hold.

First pic with foot in front and the second with foot in the back.

This is such a great idea as for roles and other stuff you can stay in the front and for backies you can go to the back ones or surf stance.

I like those... lots of potential there

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
#.0 created some foot holds last night that are different to say the least. they're pretty sweet!

Top Bottom