Foothold types

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Those new XFT's will be my choice this winter simply because of the fact that you can be forward in the tray, or back.

I've only ridden one ski with footholds, and I didn't like it because I had to stand with my feet all the way at the back of the tray all the time.

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Oh wow. So they aren't going to be in mass production? No way I'd be able to afford them.

I wonder how much they would be? Even the regulars are like 200 right?

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Any idea how long it normally takes him to respond? Is he a member here?

I emailed him a while back, but have yet to get a response.

I sort of need to know, so I know which direction to go in with redoing my foam, and repainting the ski. I need to get that shape cut out :D

Any idea how long it normally takes him to respond? Is he a member here?

I emailed him a while back, but have yet to get a response.

I sort of need to know, so I know which direction to go in with redoing my foam, and repainting the ski. I need to get that shape cut out :D

He was at the surf slam and now I would imagine he's on his way back to brazil so give him some time.

Now I can't decide what xft hold to go with :pat:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I love the type he has with 2 foot positions. It seems like a win win.

Does anyone know if anyone else makes something similar? I hate being limited to having my feet all the way at the back for them to be in the holds.

Y

yamaslut

what's even better:

I run a front foothold and it's freaking great...

...and you are so correct about riding in the holds, it's totally goofy feeling.

IMO you should never be locked in your rear holds unless you are upside down. Other than that... figure out what foot is most comfy up front and work out everything from there....

Last edited by a moderator:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
The reason I am so concerned, is because when I ride I cover a pretty good distance, and it is REALLY weird, like you mentioned. It's just not practical for me.

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I don't quite get what your saying.

If you are not comfortable in your holds you don't have to stay in them.

If you ride surf run a strap up front and holds in the back. I do this when cruising around the lake, or getting from point A - B.

Right foot in rear hold, left foot up front, this way if you hit a roller or wake, you still have enough hold in the rear of the ski to level it out when in the air, or pull a trick off if you wanted.

Y

yamaslut

last pic shows foot position

Attachments

• 05-02-07_1943.jpg
    05-02-07_1943.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 0546c46c1e9c.jpg
    0546c46c1e9c.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 63
  • asdasd.jpg
    asdasd.jpg