Custom/Hybrid Footholds-Yes, it's time for another thread! Padding, show off your trays, etc.#bestfootholdsthread

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I just finished these in my 650 - all homespun front and rear.
ezaduqe9.jpg

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Krash holds on a hurricane
ygapajaq.jpg
u3azusun.jpg
FYI the bob holds are better. I don't understand what kind of feet are meant to fit the the krash ones.

After a few rides on the rocket holds you would get used to them.l thought they were strange too when l first got mine on the Footy.l ended up really liking them.Put your foot in and turn your ankles out and you are locked in.

But my new SF holds l made are real comfortable and will lock your azz in quite well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 236

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Pics of my turf job will be up soon! I'm heading on over to work on my ski and get started on the padding as we speak :)

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
index.php
index.php

index.php

All padded, but not blended together yet:
2u6epe2y.jpg

Blended and ready to turf: Dremel with 120 grit sanding drum works awesome.
amu8eja3.jpg

etazysaj.jpg

Turf: Only 1 seam which is on the top of the gunwales just so the turf curves around the back nicely.
ypypusep.jpg

qydusy6a.jpg

unubyre6.jpg

That's all I got done for today! Still gotta do other side and pad and turf the bottom with 26mm pad. Turned out pretty good..

simofx-1

freeride
But my new SF holds l made are real comfortable and will lock your azz in quite well.[/QUOTE]
SANOMAN....do you ride with that hammer and give your feet a wee 'tap'' every now and then? :)

How well would shaped underpad work for making a front foot hold? It looks like KTM434 might have done something like this (post 199) but maybe that is a turfed ffh idk. I was thinking of doing a rear strap and a ffh for surf stance if this lifting wedge idea worked up front, just something to get my toes under. This is my second season riding, first year with holds so I'm still a noob rider learning what I do and do not like.

well here is my job so far, first foothold install, first turf job. Should have it done tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6213.jpg
    IMG_6213.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_7594.jpg
    IMG_7594.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8684.jpg
    IMG_8684.jpg