Custom/Hybrid Footholds-Yes, it's time for another thread! Padding, show off your trays, etc.#bestfootholdsthread

I didn't do the cutting or defoaming. I would have done it quit a bit different. It's ok I can fix it an get him back to riding again. He took a year off when he was riding in the pro mx. This summer we should have a decent group around here finally. Took almost 10 years.

Not sure how many people would enjoy my holds but i cant ride with out them anymore. My left foot is cake to kick in, the pod is run a bit loose so i just kick my foot in on a 45 degree angle, once it stops i crank my heel left into the hurricane hold. Its kinda on the loose side cause i ride on the balls on my feet and my heels barely touch. Took me 3 attempts and 9 holes in my hull to get my hurricane hold positioned perfectly, wont have that problem with the 2014 model. My right foot is barely even locked in, just enough till the pod touches the top of my foot cause a majority of my "locked in" comes from my left foot and i use my core to keep me with the ski and controlled. For those wondering my set up is actually easy to get out of, all you do is "stand up" and my heel comes straight out the top. I wouldn't recommend this set up for every rider, letting go of the bars is a massive risk, all failed tricks you must hold onto the bars and "ride it out" as we call it to prevent any type of force that could break an ankle even tho unlikely. Also i dont ride in wrestling shoes like most people, i ride in converse poor man weapons, i feel 10x better in these shoes. Ive tried a lot of different hull/foothold set ups and this is the only way i could stay locked in for more than a 2 piece combo.
Heres the best pic i could find:
1391827_605000142889545_1653742986_n.jpg

Eli

I'd rather brap than bash
Lmao back on topic, another pic of the hurricane hold in action

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131027_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131027_0001.png
    905.9 KB · Views: 234

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Bro ur so beast... You do all that riding with a foot strap. Mad respect, u went up in my books!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Haha cheers Ryan. I appreciate that man. Yea everything with a rear foot strap and a ffh. It makes it a little more gnar but it's the ticket to flow. I never have to make a choice if I want to surf ride or do aireals, I can just ride then do whatever the waves allows. You can still do all the big tricks too just have to be smooth. Even do the no-can-do's with my foot just in the strap. Only time it's slightly awkward is 1 foot out the back tricks.

Top Bottom