Custom/Hybrid Footrocket Talk

chadetroit

Get Wet
I have a question on the foot hold brackets. Should the small square metal pieces that locks into the track go straight down in that square opening on the track? Mine is very tight and I can't get it down in there without tilting it in but that only works for one side and the other side will not drop into that hole.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I have a question on the foot hold brackets. Should the small square metal pieces that locks into the track go straight down in that square opening on the track? Mine is very tight and I can't get it down in there without tilting it in but that only works for one side and the other side will not drop into that hole.

Unscrew the little squares completely off and put them down in the bottom of the track.Then put the foothold bracket in and screw the socket heads in the little squares.They will catch.

I just turned the 90 fitting in the pump straight towards the hull, it's tight, but there's enough room for it to open a little bit and it seems to be enough, haven't had any problems yet. Only problem is that my scupper leaks, but that has nothing to do with the way the water lines are routed. I wish Krash went with the Epic scuppers.

They do. I heard that these Worx ones seal once they swell up a bit from sitting in the water, but I have yet to see it. Can't leave my Rocket sitting in the water for any length of time that's for sure.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
I was a little worried about these leaking. Do the epics have the magnetic closure?

l'll try to help out here.l bought an Epic scupper flap to use on the Rocket.lt is a nice flapper with the magnets,But no clearance between it and the 90 degree fitting because the piece sticks out almost a quarter inch from the wall,not allowing it to hardly open.

l would like to say that doing business with Epic was great.l would not hesitate to buy or use their products again!

Anyway,l noticed my flap just slightly open.Decided to take it apart and flip the rubber flap over and also heat it up,so it would roll to the inside when re-installed.Closes off completely now.Also,check the two ride plate inserts on the scupper side.Mine were not sealed off.Just put a dab of silicone into it and install the button head screws.

Other leak areas are all the tubbie screw holes.Silicone them too!

Will that help ya.......

Last edited:

chadetroit

Get Wet
I was thinking about the whole sealing of the tubbie holes and what a pain it would be if you want to take them off and ride without them. What do you think about putting in a sealed rivet nut so there is a permanent sealed off screw hole to attach to?

yeah i read sanomans post. thats why i made my post. As long as youre kool with it fine. I would think its a concern,also wasnt just the tubbies,did you read the whole post?

Yeah wanderer I hear yah. Quite a few things I'm not too impressed with on this hull. I guess until to have one and start mocking do things come to light. Could be that this is my first AM hull, but I was expecting more/better. Hopefully I forget about it once I ride it.

Leaks would be hard for me to "forget" after wait time and the $ spent. A lot of hulls out there that don't leak. Issues with any hull should be brought to light so that people are informed, a lot of clique goes on with hulls on here. Either people are embarrassed of the money spent and the product they got or because of the attacks from people that are offended by the truth.

chadetroit

Get Wet
I think either sealed rivnuts or rubber gasket washer would help. It's a bit of issue because the tubbies are removable. An upgrade to the mold would be nice to create pockets much like any other insert on the hull so you do not have a through hole going from the outside to the inside of the engine bay. I think these are all part of small run custom hulls. No one else have removable tubbies. I'm not condoning it but I think it's part of the evolution process.

Since this is a FR thread I would say that if Barton is going to sell them like this a potential buyer should be made aware. FR has removable tubbies,will leak when removed,also be sure to check everthing during assembly for potential leaks,do not leave unaatended for 5 mins on water may sink. Chadetroit were you told that when the tubbies were removed it would leak? For the amount already on the water we are just now hearing about it. Good thing Sanoman is meticulous,others are not and should not expect to need to do it for the $ spent on an A/M hull. These issues need to be brought out on all A/M hulls but like the BOB anything said is met with rage. Hard earned money spent should be met with a quality or at least disclosed product. Guys like me don't want to have to contend with said issues when buying a A/M hull and need to be made aware of these things so we can move onto a hull without issues. Just an opinion from another side that isn't ok with leaks,and thinks there needs to be more transparency in the sport by both riders and manufacturers.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Let me say this to try to clear up a few things.lt is an a/m hull period

Top Bottom