Freak jetski accident, damaged hull

@McDog hahaha, and from what I've seen everyone in my area on a bob,hurricane,rickter, and other similar skis can chase boat wakes just fine, I know that Derrick jr has re designed the bottom of the hull since the bob and made it more stable and easy to maneuver

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Lol @swapmeet and @McDog for making me laugh so hard with such simple comments about the 40 yr old dad thing haha. I should have followed this thread awhile back if I knew it would have been this entertaining. Sorry about this ski but this is a carnage thread. More pictures :)

swapmeet

Brotastic
@McDog hahaha, and from what I've seen everyone in my area on a bob,hurricane,rickter, and other similar skis can chase boat wakes just fine, I know that Derrick jr has re designed the bottom of the hull since the bob and made it more stable and easy to maneuver

tumblr_mf8cor9BgE1rsm741o1_500.0.gif

You gotta test ride a ski before you buy one. That's all there is to it. If you have people in your area riding those skis, go talk to them, ask to take them for a test ride. You're super lucky to have that opportunity.

Saying "I know Derrick redesigned the bottom since the bob" tells me that you still need to do A LOT of research and a lot of learning before you throw down a stack of cash on a hull.

Listen to the nearly 40 year old dads. We were all young and dumb once. We bought the wrong stuff only to take a loss when we sold it pay for the thing thing we should've bought in the first place. Nearly 40 = experience.

tumblr_mf8cor9BgE1rsm741o1_500.0.gif

You gotta test ride a ski before you buy one. That's all there is to it. If you have people in your area riding those skis, go talk to them, ask to take them for a test ride. You're super lucky to have that opportunity.

Saying "I know Derrick redesigned the bottom since the bob" tells me that you still need to do A LOT of research and a lot of learning before you throw down a stack of cash on a hull.

Listen to the nearly 40 year old dads. We were all young and dumb once. We bought the wrong stuff only to take a loss when we sold it pay for the thing thing we should've bought in the first place. Nearly 40 = experience.

Alright I'll go read up on their website when I get back, this 7 hour drive is killing me
8dbf46ba3c829dea24dfa74d7c9a3691.jpg

mike b

^So you broke your pole and you bought a hull instead. Why didn't you buy his pole lol?!? Good looking hull tho. I thought about it myself but already have a hull. I think you will like it and your young too so will be easy to get used to.

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
I don't get it
What ever happen to learn to ride you know the basic stuff Turn right /left Sub turn Nose stab etc before jumping into the /am hull big motor scene
But what do I know Im just a old fart with tattoos twice your age Turn Down That RocknRoll and Get off my Grass
Good luck with new hull and your quest for a "Shinny Mag Pump" :)

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I am still trying to figure out where the danger was? He landed sideways and the ski went WOT. Which sucks. Been there and done that. I thought I was gonna read an article from clickboom's website that gave all the details. Oh wait. Same type article. I'm like skinnyman. Learn to ride first.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
How much for the Superjet hull?

I'm one of the few that still thinks a Superjet is a good ski. Lol.

Aftermarket skis are cool but not needed to ride well. Skills are.

mike b

Aftermarket skis are cool but not needed to ride well. Skills are.

Very true. I went from 650sx to BOB then a chan with 964 and all the goodies. I bet if I would have gone from a superjet (and built these skills up)I would have gotten most of the things down within first week of riding an AM hull. But for those who say an AM hull or big motor cannot replace skill..true, but I found it helped me progress. Can never know how to do a trick if you don't have the power, or a bit more than your skills deserve ;) Good luck with new hull @codyadams209. You will unluck new skills once you get used to the hull. Just don't send this one in the weeds!

mike b

^I don't think anybody is hating on you. Just trying to give you some advice from the mistakes they have made and wanted to make sure you didn't make a mistake getting a hull your not going to enjoy, or spend too much to get into financial problems. Everyone makes mistakes and best way of seeing a positive out of it is to help someone not make that mistake. Hope you flip it soon tho. Then drop a 1200 in it and call NASA lol

You know I think a 1200 sounds like a financial problem lol, I got my 760 for $750 that was complete besides carbs lol, but I put a head, zero lightened flywheel, b pipe, msd enchancer

LOL. How'd you like the 760 over the 701?

Honestly from what I've read about people with 760's in their superjet a lot of them say they have no bottom end, but I was very surprised when I took the ski out and this motor flat out rips, it will jump straight out of the water from an idle and it also has very good top speed, I love the motor

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Honestly from what I've read about people with 760's in their superjet a lot of them say they have no bottom end, but I was very surprised when I took the ski out and this motor flat out rips, it will jump straight out of the water from an idle and it also has very good top speed, I love the motor

Great engine to build on too. When you are ready for more power send it to @holeshot for a 5mil stroker crank and porting.

Top Bottom