GROUP K 845cc SuperJet Freestyle Tech Info

lonloud

Stuntin daily
I prob would have bought the 845 from group K if i could find 1 thread with feedback on it, its like the mystery motor.. HAS anyone rode ONE??????

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
My friend who has recently passed has one sitting at GroupK. It is ready to go, I just need to pay off the small balance & shipping and will be building the motor for his "tribute ski". I would do it now but I am way to busy at the moment. I will do it over the winter though.

I would really like to know how it runs though,

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
This package, minus the half girdle kit, wrist pins/bearings, intake seals and crank seals. Is arriving today. As mentioned earlier it won't be running until later this year depending on what other vital parts I can find in his storage.

Sounds like it's a dog.

1. It uses a repitched 13/17 because the out of the box 13/17 is too steep? WTF My Lamey will sit still and go almost no where with a 13/17. It is ripping a 15/19 completely free. The latest big bore Team Scream stock stroke cylinders are ripping the smaller Hooker impellers free.

2. bored 38mm carbs? Really? That's it? 44's can be used but they use more fuel? If jetted right the ONLY reason 44mm carbs would use more fuel is because it was allowing the engine to ingest more air. Air = HP. That is engine building 101 stuff.

3. The Team Scream BILLET 845cc POWER VALVE Engine with head is $2900. The GroupK modified stock stuff is $1800 + $370 in cores + $170 for a Girdle kit + $190 for a modification to the Factory pipe B-pipe (that I am not 100% sure is necessary).

4. $500 for a set of pistons and rings and head gasket when it needs a rebuild? $179 PER piston + $31 per set of rings + $79 for 1 head gasket. Seriously? I think I understand his hatred of O-rings....you can't change $80 for a replacement o-ring.

5. Back to this exhaust manifold modification. I used a 760 cylinder on my first big bore stroker. In order to use my 650 style FPP manifold I threaded some helicoils into my cylinder holes....and that was it. No $190 modification necessary.

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
We will see if its a dog
When its all said and done out of pocket will be 2050.00 for all needed parts and mods
Mine will be here in 2 weeks or so
I will have the 845 set up exactly as per Group K specs(44 carbs,pro tec mod ignition prop etc.)
In my other ski I have A billit stk stroke lamey 85mm falt top with digital TL

I will let 4 or 5 buds ride them back to back and get there feedback

Aaron if you come to lake you should take a spin on them I would like to hear you feedback since you have a already have opinion on this set up.

I have used many builders over the last 5 yrs of running BB motors they all have a different way of doing things Group K looks at things a little diffrent they like to use stk parts and concentrate on HP and reliability.

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Here are some pictures, its so tempting to put this together right now to test, but im happy with my ski and don't want any down time, plus I am still missing some parts.

The transfers look a little small to me though. I guess thats unavoidable on a stock cylinder with huge sleeves. They could have opened them up some more I think, I just didn't opt for it since its going on the back burner.

Nicest looking stock cylinder I have ever seen.

When my friend told me he was getting this, I went out and bought an MSD TL sytem in hopes of keeping up with my 701. I hope to find out someday

Attachments

• P6210191 (Medium).JPG
    P6210191 (Medium).JPG
    130 KB · Views: 163
  • P6210192 (Medium).JPG
    P6210192 (Medium).JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 143
  • P6210201 (Medium).JPG
    P6210201 (Medium).JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 144
  • P6210203 (Medium).JPG
    P6210203 (Medium).JPG
    104 KB · Views: 170
  • P6210206 (Medium).JPG
    P6210206 (Medium).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I don't know how easy it would be to duplicate. The pistons, I believe are custom Wiseco's and the sleeves look to be custom, I have neever seen flanged sleeves like these before.

Doing a little more reading; their website mentions the boost port on the piston. They say it helps make up for the lost transfer port size. This motor it tempting me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom