Hand guns

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
OCD, reloading stuff is harder to find than live ammo if you can believe that!!! Iv'e spent a month looking for large magnum pistol primers. I finally worked a deal with my buddy that does my reloading and bought him some Winchester 296 powder that he has not been able to find.

Is what I am learning is that people are treating ammo just like a PS3 just before Christmas-if you want it-you will be in line when the doors open at the store!!! If you are 1 hour late, you will be welcomed into the ammo department by empty shelves!!!

Still ranting, WTF do people need with all the 44mag ammo??? I don't get it!!!

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
I hear ya, still kicking myself for not snagging the Dillon 550B progressive for $275 that popped up on craigslist back in January. It didn't make much sense when I only intended to shoot 9mm but now I am starting to see that reloading will be the key if I ever want to own and shoot something bigger like the .45ACP.

Prices and availability are likely to return to normal in the next couple months so I'm not too inclined to jump on any band wagons quite yet, just educating myself for the future.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I hear ya, still kicking myself for not snagging the Dillon 550B progressive for $275 that popped up on craigslist back in January. It didn't make much sense when I only intended to shoot 9mm but now I am starting to see that reloading will be the key if I ever want to own and shoot something bigger like the .45ACP.

Prices and availability are likely to return to normal in the next couple months so I'm not too inclined to jump on any band wagons quite yet, just educating myself for the future.

I would not count on "the next two months". The 2008/2009 shortage lasted well over a year. Reloading components were the worst (add oddball calibers like 380). Primers were impossible to get.

OCD Solutions

That's not very promising. Maybe I should put my next handgun purchase on hold then and go for a nice shotgun first. I am still seeing 12ga ammo everywhere I go.

OCD Solutions

swapmeet

Brotastic
My mossy has always felt jankey, which is why I suggested the other two. The 870 is kinda pricey, and the IAC is just a knockoff of the 870. I want either so I can pot magpul furniture on it.

That spx is interesting, I've looked at them at the gun shows, but can't justify the money.

If I had unlimited funds I'd get a FN semiauto 12ga, but they were more than AR's 6 mo ago.

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Great news!!! I found the mega load of reloading supplies!!! I now have enough 44mag stuff to kill deer till the day I die and F with my friends that might be dumb enough to believe me when I say my loads are 'factory loads'. LOL

Test fired a couple of the first batch and they may be a lil too hot. LOL

I picked up a Ruger LC9 for my carry gun, with a Lagua (I think?) IWB holster. Works well, conceals easy.
photobucket-57062-1363367069059_zps247b5edf.jpg

photobucket-60974-1363367066779_zpsabafd757.jpg

Then just for fun, I figured I better have a Glock with a bunch of high capacity mags, just in case the zombie Apocalypse happens. So I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 17. I like it. It goes bang every time. Should have stocked up on 33 round mags while I could. I've had them on back order for months now...probably never get them.
photobucket-72292-1363367065930_zps639b1672.jpg

I wanted a 1911 .45, just cause. I did a bunch of research and decided I wanted the Ruger SR1911...yeah right. Good luck finding one of those. So after more research I settled on a Metro Arms - American Classic 2, in the 'hard chrome' finish. It looks like stainless. I put a different grip on it, and ordered some extra mags. 1 flush fitting, and 1 10 rounder just cause I could. Plus some regular 8 rounders with bumpers. I like it, it goes bang every time and shoots well. Heavy gun to carry around though.
photobucket-60874-1363367069808_zps68ae2551.jpg

photobucket-54306-1363367064960_zps590ce79a.jpg

For the shutgun discussion, I like the 870. I bought a 870 marine magnum, because I didn't want to worry about rust all the time. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through this gun and it works like a champ. Also traded a stupid 16 gauge winchester for a new Ruger 10/22 in stainless. And I acquired a old winchester .22 pump that pumps .22, .22 LR, and .22 shorts. Its nice to be able to pump the .22 shorts when you're chasing a cat around in the barn or something stupid like that.
photobucket-63615-1363367117245_zps06685f78.jpg

I screwed up big time a few months ago when the local gun shop got a Marlin semi auto rifle chambered in 9mm in on trade, no paper work, could have had it for $300. Damn it.

I can't believe you guys can't get .22 ammo. I could go to the local gander mountain and fill my truck full of .22 ammo last time I was there...about a month or so ago.

Last edited:
I picked up a Ruger LC9 for my carry gun, with a Lagua (I think?) IWB holster. Works well, conceals easy.
photobucket-57062-1363367069059_zps247b5edf.jpg

photobucket-60974-1363367066779_zpsabafd757.jpg

Then just for fun, I figured I better have a Glock with a bunch of high capacity mags, just in case the zombie Apocalypse happens. So I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 17. I like it. It goes bang every time. Should have stocked up on 33 round mags while I could. I've had them on back order for months now...probably never get them.
photobucket-72292-1363367065930_zps639b1672.jpg

I wanted a 1911 .45, just cause. I did a bunch of research and decided I wanted the Ruger SR1911...yeah right. Good luck finding one of those. So after more research I settled on a Metro Arms - American Classic 2, in the 'hard chrome' finish. It looks like stainless. I put a different grip on it, and ordered some extra mags. 1 flush fitting, and 1 10 rounder just cause I could. Plus some regular 8 rounders with bumpers. I like it, it goes bang every time and shoots well. Heavy gun to carry around though.
photobucket-60874-1363367069808_zps68ae2551.jpg

photobucket-54306-1363367064960_zps590ce79a.jpg

For the shutgun discussion, I like the 870. I bought a 870 marine magnum, because I didn't want to worry about rust all the time. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through this gun and it works like a champ. Also traded a stupid 16 gauge winchester for a new Ruger 10/22 in stainless. And I acquired a old winchester .22 pump that pumps .22, .22 LR, and .22 shorts. Its nice to be able to pump the .22 shorts when you're chasing a cat around in the barn or something stupid like that.
photobucket-63615-1363367117245_zps06685f78.jpg

I screwed up big time a few months ago when the local gun shop got a Marlin semi auto rifle chambered in 9mm in on trade, no paper work, could have had it for $300. Damn it.

I can't believe you guys can't get .22 ammo. I could go to the local gander mountain and fill my truck full of .22 ammo last time I was there...about a month or so ago.

I have a Remington 870 police edition magnum that I love, as well as an identical .22 Winchester pump. It was my grandfathers and it shoots GREAT! Being able to shoot all three of those .22's is very cool, I definitely won't ever let this one go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Just added a Kel Tec P32 to my small collection for when I need something small to carry. I got home from work the other day and went straight out and worked out in the garden for an hour, then later watched TV on the couch. I completely forgot I was wearing it IWB on my hip all night long. I haven't typically carried very often. I'm making a conscious effort to change that.

Dealer had a used Browning 9mm 1911 for $489. I was really tempted, it was a nice piece. I don't have much use for a .45. My wife would be afraid of touching it. I don't really want something in the house my wife would hesitate to use. Her favorite gun so far is a Beretta 92. I'd love to find an Inox Centurion eventually.

We also have a Ruger P94 as well (mid-sized version of the P89 you guys were talking about), love those all metal guns. Good weight, little recoil. Eats everything you throw at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom