Custom/Hybrid Happy burfday to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
It's getting boring in here...

Now back to our regularly scheduled humor.

Swap,

With all this yapping going on U better ride the piss outta this hull when u get it going or I'm sending a couple of Brownsville's finest up ur way to take it down to Juarez and get used like a doorknob.

9usugy3e.jpg

JK man...hang in there hombre. U'll b grinning ear to ear soon enough.

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
I'm actually headed to San Antonio this week. I can meet your ^^^ family while I'm there lmao... Jk.

I'm close, but still a ways away. Waiting on some parts, nothing major but bits and pieces, bilge switches, tank straps etc.
The motor is I'm and aligned. I guessed at how many shims it would need and surprisingly was dead on first try.

Even had Mr. Miyag*i come over to check my work.

He was like

miyagi_orig.jpg

*Not what my Mr Miyagi looks like.

Also Steve has come around with the communication, answered some questions I had during alignment. I think he just needed a swift kick in the ass. I talked to him today and he's realizing that he needs to include some basic instructions with the hull because he's finding that he's answering the same questions over and over. This does not help him answer important questions, like the ones I ask ;).

My soft goal is to ride this coming Sunday. I doubt ill make it since I won't be home two days this week.
Part of my problem is that I'm somewhat meticulous about things. And that takes time. I could probably finish throwing it together in 3 hours. But it'll take me at least 6 to get everything just right.

Also I have a unfinished trailer project to wrap up.

Last edited:

deftons56

Brian
Not quite sure on "instructions" either... Mine went together quick and much easier than other aftermarket hulls I have owned/been around. I guess if it's your first time you may ask more questions to be sure what you are doing is correct...

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
Not quite sure on "instructions" either... Mine went together quick and much easier than other aftermarket hulls I have owned/been around. I guess if it's your first time you may ask more questions to be sure what you are doing is correct...

Agreed. Easiest water scooter I've ever put together.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Lol.... For people who've never had a AM hull before. I had to make some adjustments to the holes in the pump. Maybe 1/16" at most, but not used to that. Apparently people running OEM 144 pump shoe are having that issue, but not the 148, 155 guys. :dunno:

People with couch mounts need basically no shims, SJ style mounts need more.

Need some badass razor blades to trim the Kevlar frays when drilling.

Just simple stuff like that. I'm sure there are other questions, those are the ones that I had so far.

Lol.... For people who've never had a AM hull before. I had to make some adjustments to the holes in the pump. Maybe 1/16" at most, but not used to that. Apparently people running OEM 144 pump shoe are having that issue, but not the 148, 155 guys. :dunno:

People with couch mounts need basically no shims, SJ style mounts need more.

Need some badass razor blades to trim the Kevlar frays when drilling.

Just simple stuff like that. I'm sure there are other questions, those are the ones that I had so far.
I had no issues bolting in a 144mm pump and only needed very little shimming the motor with sj mounts.

I can understand needing instructions on a few things, but a lot of guys complain about the lack of instructions on the simple things that go with assembling any ski. Having to open up pump mounting holes a touch and shimming is something you have to do on a stock superjet, so why does it become a big problem on a aftermarket hull build?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Not a Bash at you Swap.

People building these ski's need to understand. These are custom. Yes, they come out of a mold, but every one is going to have different tolerances for every single bolt location. You may have to grind a little here and grind a little there. That is just part of it. Same with Shims, Each ski will be difference. New Superjets are the same, no two are alike when it comes to shims. People with Couch Mounts may not need shims but they better be checking the alignment of the pump and short shaft.

This is just all part of it. Just like installing a Type 4 dry pipe in a SJ. some people have to grind the hood lip for the pipe to clear or grind it to be able to install, others, no grinding.

Bottom line, you got to get creative!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I helped a buddy some with his XFS last year, I do not remember any issues with it, plug and play. Just check the motor mound rails. His screws came loose and that is a bitch to fix Basically just about pull the motor to tighten down the rails and motor mounts.

I think it's a good idea for a little instructions pamphlet for the simple fact that we have assembled and tweaked on the hulls a time or two... so there are some Little things here and there that would take guessing out of it for a 1st timer and even speed it up for a veteran builder !!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I helped a buddy some with his XFS last year, I do not remember any issues with it, plug and play. Just check the motor mound rails. His screws came loose and that is a bitch to fix Basically just about pull the motor to tighten down the rails and motor mounts.
No issues with the XFS, the only reason why it was a little more work, is it didnt come with a pump shoe installed like the chan and bob

piratelife

Frandsen works
No issues with the XFS, the only reason why it was a little more work, is it didnt come with a pump shoe installed like the chan and bob
What issues did you have with rok r? I had zero issues putting mine together. Good to hear"you"had no problems with your chan or bob assembly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom