Hardly any B1's in Daytona?

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
...believe it or not, i started with a standup, and sold it to get my first blaster (i'm now on my 3rd B1). if i rode at a lake or a "waveless area", i think i'd definitely have a standup instead. the beach is for me, and the blaster is my ski - and i'm still sticking to the fact that around here, i've never seen anyone come close to going as big as anyone does on a blaster. then again, all i (and most of the ppl i ride with) really care about is bombing waves to go as high as possible and do a super long drawn out something, not seeing who can do the fastest, tightest tricks off the smallest wave. after all, that takes too much time and practice :bad3:

x2 on everything above

how many SJ riders can sidemount or even mount a b-1 in the surf ? how many b-1 riders can mount a SJ in the surf ? ... My take on this is : You can be WAY WAY out of shape and still get on and rip a SJ in the surf but try getting on a B-1 in Daytona washing machine type of surf if your way out of shape ... it aint gonna happen ! , ! It could be thats why so many ride the SJ's... humans are lazy by nature and usually gravitate to the easiest method ............ But thats how this B-1 rider seez it ! now let the beating begin , LOL ! Im bored with the snow !

agreed, its all about what you can afford to have. i doubt people would unload blasters as much as they do if they had the money to simply add another ski to the collection...obviously, i'm partial to blasters, but that doesnt mean i dont like stand ups. believe it or not, i started with a standup, and sold it to get my first blaster (i'm now on my 3rd B1). if i rode at a lake or a "waveless area", i think i'd definitely have a standup instead. the beach is for me, and the blaster is my ski - and i'm still sticking to the fact that around here, i've never seen anyone come close to going as big as anyone does on a blaster. then again, all i (and most of the ppl i ride with) really care about is bombing waves to go as high as possible and do a super long drawn out something, not seeing who can do the fastest, tightest tricks off the smallest wave. after all, that takes too much time and practice :bad3:

thats what I did,just added another ski to the storage lot,lol Ill never sell the b1 but its a ornament most the time.although I still find it a fun surf ski change once in a while on chop shop days,I wouldnt other wise have went out on the sj. A few junkies have retired to them from age and injuries as well....they are great for that....lol.
Anyone who thinks it takes more fitness to ride a b1 than sj in the surf has not spent much time on a sj in the surf, any surf rider worth their salt should be able to side mount a b1,and if they are any good on it shouldnt have to be doing it over and over. its the only thing that takes anymore effort than riding a sj,I can take a nap on a b1 in surf in comparison to the sj.....lol

hey master, i'm not getting into the debate sj VS. blaster, LOL i never will! i know one thing: i prefer a blaster for the time of riding i do AAAAND it would be very, very nice to also have a SJ for smaller wave days, or to just play around in the inlet with subs, stabs, etc. oh, by the way, i dont side saddle anything, haha i use my long ape arms to grab the bars, then i pin it, struggle to catch a knee on the deck, hop up and head for the next wave in line, haha :smokin:

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
agreed, its all about what you can afford to have. i doubt people would unload blasters as much as they do if they had the money to simply add another ski to the collection...obviously, i'm partial to blasters, but that doesnt mean i dont like stand ups. believe it or not, i started with a standup, and sold it to get my first blaster (i'm now on my 3rd B1). if i rode at a lake or a "waveless area", i think i'd definitely have a standup instead. the beach is for me, and the blaster is my ski - and i'm still sticking to the fact that around here, i've never seen anyone come close to going as big as anyone does on a blaster. then again, all i (and most of the ppl i ride with) really care about is bombing waves to go as high as possible and do a super long drawn out something, not seeing who can do the fastest, tightest tricks off the smallest wave. after all, that takes too much time and practice :bad3:

Yup, I agree with that 100%, too. That's me in a nutshell.

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Exactly.

(I'm gonna remember this thread next year at Daytona when every 30 seconds a stand up rider is waving me down for a tow while their ski is sinking)

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Exactly.

(I'm gonna remember this thread next year at Daytona when every 30 seconds a stand up rider is waving me down for a tow while their ski is sinking)

a blaster is a horrible rescue tow vehicle. you can't rear mount or side mount fast enough when towing to get someone out of surf in time.

the worst part is also the easiest part. Who falls off a couch when landing a jump?

I'm just being a smartass, kinda. I have a superjet as well.

I feel like whenever I see videos of guys on SJ's in the surf they cut off the landings. I miss the old days I guess when guys went huge and landed it, and rode out. Seems like all you see anymore is people nosing it in, and usually not riding it out. Granted they are doing alot more in the air.

a blaster is a horrible rescue tow vehicle. you can't rear mount or side mount fast enough when towing to get someone out of surf in time.

horrible to get someone out in a pinch in the breakers,if your trying to side mount,but still easy rear mounting,but great towboat to get someone back long distance to the ramp,less likely to hurt yourself gettin twisted in the tow rope also.they have their advantages........even though its a short list

hell if its whats gonna tow u out in a pinch im sure no one wouldnt complain. i relacated my tow line to the old rooster tail spot. i think it offsets the tow and makes it a lil bit easier. gets who ur towing off to the side and not directly in the jetstream. when i was in tona i brought back guys to their sj's when i seem to have seen no sj's wanting to help. it didnt seem like a bad tow vehicle to hem at that point

Top Bottom