Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

kraqus

Site Supporter
Come up with a Bow Stopper like some have it, and at a reasonable price. This is the only reason why I do not buy one. Do you have more pics of your Haulers? I saw some at your website, but I mean close up pics.

Benny

I have thought of doing a bow stop in the past . However it makes the rack loadable and launch able from only one side . In the past I have been at launch ramps where you need to pick the best side due to people next to you or simply the terrain. I will revisit my drawings for a bow stop. glad you liked the quality of the racks. I am a one man operation and prefer to keep it that way for the simple fact of quality control. I would rather make a few less $$ than sacrifice any quality. For you of those out there that have haulers already, even if they are not mine... please look on amazon for "stowaway hitch tighteners" they are a "god sent " for towing ANYTHING. I believe they are 25.00 and worth 10x that in my opinion. I ALREADY HAVE a version of hitch tightened that I will be building in the near future but for now these are the best. They eliminate ANY and ALL rocking of the ski, bike rack, cargo rack or anything else that you put in your receiver .. just by one .. trust me

Bow stops are for people that never used a hitch hauler. Seem like a good idea till its on there and in the way with just extra size and weight.

We have sold over 1000 Rad Dudes hitch haulers since 2008. We tried bow stops and there is just no point. Everyone that asked about them after using a hauler and strapping with endless loop straps to the center of the cross bar said "no need"

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
I would find a bow stop annoying. You never know which way will be easiest to load/unload while at the lake.

your brave! Those things are junk, terrible metal quality and even worse welds. Ive seen them snap off with a 200lbs guy standing on it, let alone a 300lbs jetski as you go over a nice bump.
mayb your thinking of the other model. they have a 250lb version and 500lb version. its not welded in support points. once the center hitch support (2x2) starts to rusts out ill bolt in a piece of 1/4" wall alum tube. this is plenty strong. im 200lb and stand on my ski while its on the rack. ppl are overthinking this. hitch hauler is sketch because your trusting drivers around you to not hit you or cause an accident that would cause your ski to be dislodged from the rack.

CRJ

Hibernating
mayb your thinking of the other model. they have a 250lb version and 500lb version. its not welded in support points. once the center hitch support (2x2) starts to rusts out ill bolt in a piece of 1/4" wall alum tube. this is plenty strong. im 200lb and stand on my ski while its on the rack. ppl are overthinking this. hitch hauler is sketch because your trusting drivers around you to not hit you or cause an accident that would cause your ski to be dislodged from the rack.
static forces yes it will handle 500lbs. but when driving the forces are no longer static. once real nice dip in the road will double the load on the hauler and trust me, it will sheer. its not even in the same league as other haulers purely due to the terrible metallurgy it starts out with, and its downhill from there. And im talking about the 500lbs models. I have seen them sheer and fold in half more than once.

motoman3000

ride
Site Supporter
hitch hauler is sketch because your trusting drivers around you to not hit you or cause an accident that would cause your ski to be dislodged from the rack.

Just stay in your lane. Amazing how many bad drivers on the GSP this morn.
Plus no one tailgates u cuz they're waiting for it to crash. I'm safe cuz I roll w/ rad dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

static forces yes it will handle 500lbs. but when driving the forces are no longer static. once real nice dip in the road will double the load on the hauler and trust me, it will sheer. its not even in the same league as other haulers purely due to the terrible metallurgy it starts out with, and its downhill from there. And im talking about the 500lbs models. I have seen them sheer and fold in half more than once.
I have seen the samething. People wonder why our are so much to ship..... Because of the weight.... Well why does it weigh more???? Because it's built the right way!!!

CRJ

Hibernating
I have seen the samething. People wonder why our are so much to ship..... Because of the weight.... Well why does it weigh more???? Because it's built the right way!!!
theres a big difference between 1/16-1/8" Chinese steel and like 1/4" american. I'm iffy about a seriously strong version holding the ski, i cant imagine putting it on something that would fold if i jumped on it! I wish i had grabbed one of yours when i was driving through CT...

The thickness of the steel is nowhere near as imprtant as the design. A hauler made from 1/4 can easily be weaker than a hauler made from 1/8. My hauler weighs prob 80 lbs. Does that make it strpnger? If so. Then the other haulers claims to be the strongest are WRONG.

Also, a huge amount of our steel is imported. Huge amounts. I'd be willing to bet the steel used on these haulers is imported. Just ask the yard you get it from. They will have no problem telling yoh. Which is fine. It's a hauler.

ceb2a532734bc6749005ace63703fc0b.jpg

i kind of want to model each of them in Inventor and put them through varioius FEA analysis. If its loaded perfectly in the center then it all comes down to the main support tube coming out of the hitch.

Bow stops are for people that never used a hitch hauler. Seem like a good idea till its on there and in the way with just extra size and weight.
How much extra would it add? I don't know about you guys But I've had a strap break. Luckily on my trailer I had a bow stop that kept it from going anywhere. If I strapped my ski down without a bow stop I would feel the need to have 2 straps on the front and 2 on the back just in case of a failure of one strap. That seems far more inconvenient than a bow stop.

Top Bottom