Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I added a bow stop after owning my hauler for a few years. It's really makes life easier. Faster loading/unloading and I only have one stainless ratchet with quick clips on each end for the rear of the ski.

Last edited:
Some of the stuff said in this thread is rediculous.

I've had straps break on multiple occasions. A bow stop has been the only thing to hold my ski on the hauler. Literally has saved my ski from hitting the ground twice.

The guy who made the hauler I have posted in this thread somewhere. My hauler is fully adjustable all around. And has a REINFORCED piece of 2x2 1/4 wall as the main receiver part. It can accommodate a dirt bike also. It has an adjustable bow stop. And a plate that locks the hitch into the receiver and stops it from moving. The bow stop is probably my favorite part of it vs other haulers.

i tried to find the one with the bow mount but couldnt seem to locate it for the life of me. just pictures that took me back to forums and such but no links. Might end up adding one to mind that is on the way. Anything is better than nothing holding the front outside of the straps.

well i bought his and it wont be here until tuesday. I want to ride this weekend so i called up speedy metal and am making one for $55 in materials including hardware for mounting and such. probably wont be nearly as nice as his but will get the job done!

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
well i bought his and it wont be here until tuesday. I want to ride this weekend so i called up speedy metal and am making one for $55 in materials including hardware for mounting and such. probably wont be nearly as nice as his but will get the job done!

Mine cost $42 in materials for the 2x2 1/4 thick trailer stock and 2 feet of 1/4 angle. I had 3/16 angle iron for the perimeter and trex composite boards lying around for bunks. Took me 2+ hours labor to make it 100% ready for powder coat, first time making one, setting up welder/gas all other tools, drilling holes, grinding smooth edges and all that.

b9cdd502e2428bbd86624fe514ca9808.jpg

70208cbc4c40fdd991dee358e7551c43.jpg

db53605f49e736c670f117561bb6549d.jpg

I'm probably gonna finish it after work today!

Would of been cheaper to buy one after time, materials, and powder but whatever, I got to make it myself.

That's a very long stinger on yours. As mentioned. The forces are exponential as you move away from the mounting point. Usually haulers want the ski as close to the hitch as possible. Looks good tbo. Is that a miller 211? I love mine

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
Yes , you want it as close to the tow vehicle as possible. "most people" when building a hauler or hoist etc are only interested in the STATIC weight of what their carrier can hold. What NEEDS to be considered or rather "worried about" is Dynamic weight. (static muliplied by external forces .. i.e gravity/motion/gforce etc. ) i have a background in metallurgy so i take tensile strength/safety factors into all of my builds.

As for the bow stop .... yes they are nice but unless you only want to carry ONE model of ski for the life of your carrier then you would need to make it adjustable. is it possible .. of course and I MAY GIVE THIS OPTION IN THE FUTURE for a cost of course. i would make it on a double tab off the main tube ( swivel) with a slide in and out tube attached to the bow stop. ( in 6 years of building these .. I nor even one single customer has lost their ski due to a strap failure / or rack issue)

As for people making them for less than i charge .. by all means .. absolutely , when looking at my prices ( which i believe to be extremely fair) please take into consideration ... materials ( gas, welder rod, grinding discs, band saw blades , tabs ( race car style that i use on the main tube for tie downs )carpet , wood , hardware , drill bits , staples, time and material to make a "jig" , electricity and last but definitely not least MY TIME as a welder.
Can you make ONE for cheaper than you can buy it from me?? of course ( unless of course your time is as valuable as mine ...) I guess what im saying guys like my website says .. im not doing this to get rich ... i have a full time career .. i did this first to solve a problem that i had ..... then i noticed that others had the same problem so i started making them and offering them as inexpensively as i possibly could taking into consideration the factors that i have mentioned. And i offer a discount to members of this site because I CARE ABOUT THIS SPORT.

Attachments

• 20150603_130037.jpeg
    20150603_130037.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 120
That's exactly how the bow stop is adjustable on mine. The length is adjustable. And the height. It will fit a superjet. Gpr. And a blaster. Confirmed. It also allows it to fit a dirt bike. Makes it very versatile.

Getting to beaches I ride is pretty bumpy through the dunes. A bow stop is a must if you want to have zero worries about losing your ski. I used a hauler for 3 years straight.

Your haulers are priced well. Look quality built, and it's good that you are trying to help and.takong advice. I'm not trying to hate on you at all if that's what you think. Just offering my real world experiences.

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
OK gotta ask everyone here what they think .. if i do a bow stop ( adjustable) would you want it towards the drivers side of the carrier or the passenger side? or would it matter to you at all? thank you for your time

I will work on a prototype bow stop next week.. going riding this weekend ...

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
That's exactly how the bow stop is adjustable on mine. The length is adjustable. And the height. It will fit a superjet. Gpr. And a blaster. Confirmed. It also allows it to fit a dirt bike. Makes it very versatile.

Getting to beaches I ride is pretty bumpy through the dunes. A bow stop is a must if you want to have zero worries about losing your ski. I used a hauler for 3 years straight.

Your haulers are priced well. Look quality built, and it's good that you are trying to help and.takong advice. I'm not trying to hate on you at all if that's what you think. Just offering my real world experiences.

Oh no im not taking it the wrong way .. i just personally never had a reason for a bow stop .. but if there is a need than there is a way ;) ....

Mine just uses a sleeve with a tapped thread for a bolt to.hold it in the position you want. It works very well. The height adjustment is the same. Just a sleeve with a tapped bolt hole. Very simple and very effective. I'd prefer the nose of the ski on the driver side, but again, if made right, it will be able to he swapped to either side. Mine can. And is also completely removable.

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
Why not make it adjustable, so you can put the bow stop on the driver or passenger side?

I could do that by putting the mounting tabs directly on the bottom of the main tube, which would allow for the bow stop to swing from one side to the other but that would make the carrier approx 2" lower to the ground ... hmmmm ill check it out next week .... gotta see what that will do to the price as well :(

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I use a couple redundant straps on my hitch hauler (just in case something fails). The bow stop idea seems nice, but unnecessary to me.

Top Bottom