Other Hitch Hauler Lets see everyone's Hitch Hauler pics and setups

I could do that by putting the mounting tabs directly on the bottom of the main tube, which would allow for the bow stop to swing from one side to the other but that would make the carrier approx 2" lower to the ground ... hmmmm ill check it out next week .... gotta see what that will do to the price as well :(
just make it an option so that those who want to pay for it do and those who don't don't have to. We aren't expecting it to be free either. Charge whatever makes it worth your time and money. Your time is valuable

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
I'm gonna cut down the stinger. I originally wanted to have the tailgate open and be able to put a ski on the hauler and one in the bed. If I take off the tailgate quick I'll be able to cut it down and still fit 2 skis.

My ricKter doesn't use a bow eye due to the rocker nose. I don't want one of those huge couch rubber stops sticking up anyway. Personal preference.

@Sparkplug it's a millermatic 175. Works great for what I need it for.

Mine cost $42 in materials for the 2x2 1/4 thick trailer stock and 2 feet of 1/4 angle. I had 3/16 angle iron for the perimeter and trex composite boards lying around for bunks. Took me 2+ hours labor to make it 100% ready for powder coat, first time making one, setting up welder/gas all other tools, drilling holes, grinding smooth edges and all that.

b9cdd502e2428bbd86624fe514ca9808.jpg

70208cbc4c40fdd991dee358e7551c43.jpg

db53605f49e736c670f117561bb6549d.jpg

I'm probably gonna finish it after work today!

Would of been cheaper to buy one after time, materials, and powder but whatever, I got to make it myself.

Looks good man! Ya $42 in material 2 hours (gas and elc and welding wire too) would have been way cheaper to just buy one! lol Thats why we price them at $200 painted and $300 coated. To make it at a price point that unless you work for free its worth it to just buy one. And if anyone works for free we are always hiring

685c42761f97c5004c2dd192134fdabd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of yall using a hauler like this, what type of trailers do yall tow with the additional ball on the back. I have been trying to think of a way to bring my ski with my boat, but I worry about having a ski hauler, then another ball on the back of the hauler for towing my 3k lb boat attached? Do any of yall do this? If so what is the hauler made of?

i think by adding the same sleeve with a nut welded on the bottom of the stinger tube the user could loosen it and switch sides for the bow eye mount. A simple 1/2" bolt to hold everything in place shoudl be plenty or maybe a couple recess holes drilled in the adjusting tube for the head of the bolt to sit into slightly.

With this if they didnt need it for a given trip it could be taken off all together rather then welding it on and having it be basically permanent. Just the addition of the small sq tube on the bottom would be a minimal cost so I would add it to every single one that way if someone in the future decides they want the bow stop they can purchase the subassembly from you for an additional cost.

CHRIS@EZ-SKI

Lions Among Sheep
here are a couple shots from customers of the V2 carrier that i make towing behind it .
my carrier will tow 5ooolbs ( but what you need to be concerned with is tongue weight) most class 3 hitches will only support 650lbs of tongue weight .. downward force) the 1st pic is an old version of my carrier00X0X_2PeU913jHUt_600x450.jpg IMG_9335.jpg Tow behind.jpg

Top Bottom