Super Jet Homemade Handle Pole Project

As we have mentioned, the production ones will be cut using a waterjet, this first one is turing out to take a lot more time then I had expected because the difficulty of trying to do it with all hand tools. We are getting closer but still not finished. I will keep you guys informed I really hope to have this first one done soon. I know it was mentioned somewhere by the designer $300-500, I will say now that it is not possible to be $300, My goal is to make it for 400$ or less. I think everyone will be impressed with the finished product though.

I've seen alot of qualms about the adverse side effects of an aftermarket pole hindering the self-righting feature the stock boat anchor includes... as CFR said and I agree - I think the most flotation we could give you with the current pole is providing a central tube to pass the control cables through and then backfilling with a low-density foam such as the commonly available crack sealant - or something better as that starts to break down rather rapidly and I don't thing it's designed for harsh environments like salt water... The benefit of the tube is that feeding the controls cable would be a cinch, and hopefully we could provide some extra buoyancy - but the stock pole has a good amount more volume in it's design which allows for moar buoyancy - an amount we could never reach unless we had the same volume as it. So by the nature of the design - it will never be as buoyant as the stock pole unless you want to attach a football to the chinpad...

Here are the parts that took the longest - we had to cut everything by hand for the prototype so there was no easy way out, and our "precision" cutting equipment includes a sawzall and a harbor freight horizontal/vertical band saw setup... So work was slow to be careful.

IMAG0312.jpg

As CFR also mentioned - the $300 price floor was part of the estimate. It is likely that these will cost closer to $400. As we the the last of our price estimates in, we will have a firm price to offer as well as a welded up prototype (hopefully by the end of the week!)

Last edited:
Table saws and routers work well on aluminum with the proper tooling. Running the router on a template would work wonders for the finish cut after roughing out the shape on a bandsaw and/or table saw.

nice design, where are you guys located in philly, out of curiosity, would you know any good motor shops in the area? there used to be a guy in willowgrove who did good work i heard. but there is definitly a market for well made, well priced marine products. everyone else is so expensive

Last edited:
nice design, where are you guys located in philly, out of curiosity, would you know any good motor shops in the area? there used to be a guy in willowgrove who did good work i heard. but there is definitly a market for well made, well priced marine products. everyone else is so expensive

We are about 45mins North of Philly and about 20 minutes from KOP. Not sure what kind of motor work your looking for but there is a place near us called power seal, thats where most of the motors around here go. I do my own rebuilds, but I have not had need for any serious motor work yet knock on wood.

Check out the pics! Not far away now from getting a final price and taking orders for people who want them, should have more pictures with it mounted on the ski next weekend.
IMG_0398.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0407.jpgIMG_0414.jpgIMG_0416.jpg

oh yeah? im in skippack, and yeah im looking to get some porting done, ive been thinking about trying to do it myself but...thanks though

Im thinking about -5 or -6. They just going to come in silver?

I have powder coating equipment but can't fit one of these in the oven. If someone really wants it powder coated I can find out what that would cost from the local guy. We were just trying to keep cost to a minimum and that will obviously add cost.

We could also look into having the pole anodized to a basic color of your choice - this would come at an additional charge to the base price however... Likely to be between $75-125 extra (based on a dated quote I got a few years ago... could be more nowadayz...)

If you guys start selling these over the next few months i would definitely take one for my js550 if you can make it bolt right into the factory bracket or supply a new one. I would love to have a shortened pole on mine, and if i like it i'll consider one for my rn superjet.

cfracer should be posting up pictures of the finished product on the ski shortly!

Therizzlejebus - Over my winter break I will be designing the versions for the JS440/500, 650SX and 750SX as well as the SN Superjet - All should involve only slight changes on what we've got right now - just to fit in the mounting bracket essentially, and steering plate adaptations. All will use the current SJ chinpad.

Top Bottom