Other How do you insure your AM hull build

I just received my title back from Missouri's DOR and it says 2015 homemade for my 2012 Bob. Not sure how they screwed it up because it was on my application as a 2012 ski clinic Bob. Just signed up for a progressive policy with an agreed value of $8000. Asked the agent several times "that means I will get $8000 minus deductibles at the time of a total loss claim correct?" He said yes and it's in a text message. going to hold onto that one.

I just got my AM ski insured, full coverage, agreed value of $16K with a $1000 deductible for $290 a year. I have a state issued HIN and the company is Foremost. Dealt with an agent by the name of Samantha at DHY cycle, 856-848-8500. She is currently only licensed in NJ but might be able to give you a contact for another state.

I just got my AM ski insured, full coverage, agreed value of $16K with a $1000 deductible for $290 a year. I have a state issued HIN and the company is Foremost. Dealt with an agent by the name of Samantha at DHY cycle, 856-848-8500. She is currently only licensed in NJ but might be able to give you a contact for another state.

You might want to double check. I had bought same insurance, agent told me they have agreed upon value so I bought the insurance. When the policy came their was clearly no agreed apon value. When I called the agent she double check with under writing and found out they do not offer agreed apon value any longer. They did before but not anymore and it was news to her. I canceled the policy and contacted Stacy from Wake zone marine insurance and got an agreed apon value policy, the actual insurance company is Safeco Insurance

Also Formosts paper work I filled out and was faxed back and forth during the initial writing of the policy with the agent had agreed apon value all over it so to both of us it looked correct. It turns out the forms include what they used to offer and have not been updated

Last edited:
You might want to double check. I had bought same insurance, agent told me they have agreed upon value so I bought the insurance. When the policy came their was clearly no agreed apon value. When I called the agent she double check with under writing and found out they do not offer agreed apon value any longer. They did before but not anymore and it was news to her. I canceled the policy and contacted Stacy from Wake zone marine insurance and got an agreed apon value policy, the actual insurance company is Safeco Insurance

Also Formosts paper work I filled out and was faxed back and forth during the initial writing of the policy with the agent had agreed apon value all over it so to both of us it looked correct. It turns out the forms include what they used to offer and have not been updated

Interesting, I will look into it. Woman I spoke with said she contacted foremost and confirmed what I was getting. Guess we shall see when I get the paperwork from foremost.

Why does it all have to be so damn difficult?

Wakezone is not an option as they will not write a policy in NJ

You know maybe they just stop offering it in California ? Possibility....

I had to figure it out on my own when the policy came in, their was no disclosure of it or "by the way we don't offer that anymore". Just took my money and sent a policy. It was up to me to vet it out WTF!

wakezoneINS

WakeZoneInsurance

:)

wakezoneINS

WakeZoneInsurance
I know you don't have another option, but Foremost will not write custom jet skis and does not accept State Issued HINS. I have had extensive conversation with product development at Foremost. I have written for Foremost for 11 years now. I assure you, the agent that wrote your policy finagled something to push it through. Safeco has a sister company that writes in NJ (Liberty Mutual). Call them.

wakezoneINS

WakeZoneInsurance
@Matt Jones Here are the exclusions that have been copied and pasted from the carrier's policy.

EXCLUSIONS
We will not pay for:

1. Loss caused by your or a family member’s intentional act.

2. Loss to your covered watercraft which occurs while it is:
a. rented to others;
b. used to carry people or property for a fee;
c. used for any business pursuit; or
d. used in any illegal transportation or trade.

3. Damage caused by or resulting from:
a. wear and tear;
b. smog, humidity, mildew and mold;
c. gradual deterioration of any kind, including, but not limited to, weathering, rust, corrosion, mold infestation or rot;
d. dock rash, marring or scratching; or
e. mechanical, electrical or structural breakdown or failure.
This exclusion (3.) does not apply if the damage results from the total theft of your covered watercraft. Damage caused by or resulting from freezing, thawing and extremes of temperature is covered, but only up to a limit of $500.

4. Damage caused by any manufacturing or latent defect. However, any resulting loss or damage will be covered.

5. Loss due to or as a consequence of:
a. discharge of any nuclear weapon (even if accidental);
b. war (declared or undeclared);
c. civil war;
d. insurrection; or
e. rebellion or revolution.

6. Loss from or as a consequence of the following, whether controlled or uncontrolled or however caused:
a. nuclear reaction;
b. radiation; or
c. radioactive contamination.

7. Loss due to destruction or confiscation by governmental or civil authorities because you or any family member engaged in illegal activities.

8. Loss due to theft, attempted theft or conversion of your covered watercraft:
a. by you, a family member, or any resident of your household;
b. prior to its delivery to you or a family member; or
c. while in the care, custody or control of anyone engaged in the business of selling your covered watercraft.

9. Loss to your covered watercraft resulting from any pre-arranged or organized racing, speed or demolition contest, stunting activity or in practice or preparation for any such contest or activity.
However, this exclusion does not apply to the use of a sailboat in any prearranged or organized racing or speed contest, or in practice preparation for any such contest.

10. Loss sustained while your covered watercraft is used as a permanent or primary residence.

11. Loss to your covered watercraft for diminution of value.

12. Damage caused by insects, animal, vermin, rodents or marine life, other than an impact loss to your covered watercraft.

13. Damage that occurs because your covered watercraft is not in seaworthy condition.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
13. Damage that occurs because your covered watercraft is not in seaworthy condition.

This seems like a very broad reason not to pay:

Scupper fell off, was not seaworthy.
Hood came off, was not seaworthy.
etc etc

@wakezoneINS Can you tell us how many PWC insurance claims WakeZone paid out last year?

SpaceCowboy

breaking something

This seems like a very broad reason not to pay:

Scupper fell off, was not seaworthy.
Hood came off, was not seaworthy.
etc etc

@wakezoneINS Can you tell us how many PWC insurance claims WakeZone paid out last year?

My thoughts exactly...may be just investing in a recovery buoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MegaManAU

Budgets are made to be broken!
I almost died laughing when I read point 5 and 6.
I did however find something they missed. I fixed it below.

Here are the exclusions that have been copied and pasted from the carrier's policy.

5. Loss due to or as a consequence of:
a. discharge of any nuclear weapon (even if accidental);
b. war (declared or undeclared);
c. civil war;
d. insurrection; or
e. rebellion or revolution.
f. zombie invasion (even if they are relatives);
g. you're own death (intentional or accidental)

6. Loss from or as a consequence of the following, whether controlled or uncontrolled or however caused:
a. nuclear reaction;
b. radiation; or
c. radioactive contamination.
d. farting upwind any day other than Monday

Top Bottom