Surfriding I've been Thrusted !!! :)

I would love to get some direct feedback and comparisons between this pump and the mag. Get them installed and give us some feedback people! I have been to cheap to buy a mag, but this might be an option.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Its going to be hard to do a direct comparison unless there is someone that owns both. Not I!

We have the next best thing. Twin skis! Same hull, same length, same engine, same pipe, same steering, (length anyways). The only difference is, one ski has a setback mag, the other a stock pump with TBM stuffer. (Our intake grates are slightly different as well but swapping them was not noticeable).

All we need now is for ScottS to buy a Solas stator or someone to loan him one. :biggrin:

We have the next best thing. Twin skis! Same hull, same length, same engine, same pipe, same steering, (length anyways). The only difference is, one ski has a setback mag, the other a stock pump with TBM stuffer. (Our intake grates are slightly different as well but swapping them was not noticeable).

All we need now is for ScottS to buy a Solas stator or someone to loan him one. :biggrin:

Yes please! Tell Scott to pony up.

It's a mag pump, it's a super price; why do you need to compare it to the other mags?! The 140mm Solas mag is great, this is the same thing; just buy one when they are back in stock and feel the mag hookup yourself!

I remember reading somewhere that you guys had the exact same set up yet your ski produced much more power because of your mag. Quite honestly it was not a bad deal and he should buck up and buy it especially after the large investment that he has already made! Ill let him barrow my stator if he lefts me barrow the x scream motor :)

He can sell the tdm and recover a decent amount towards this.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
More power in the surf is not always better and my ski is considered a beast as its exhausting to ride. WAB commented last weekend that it was only a 5 minute ski and that kid is fit! Since Scott's ski is much funner to ride with a TBM and stock pump, he has little incentive to change anything.

After doing a couple pump swaps we have actually changed our opinion on the mag as we have found the extra thrust is more from my reduction nozzle than the mag pump. I bored my nozzle and it changed everything so we are now going back to square one tuning the pump configuration once again. Once the dust settles I am confident that the benefits of the mag will shine thru and it will look more appealing to him.

The idea of having similar skis to do testing on is quite interesting. We swap skis all day and make subtle little changes with each session. Its much easier to notice differences when you can ride them back to back.

Last edited:
these pumps are excellent for the surf no noticable difference when in the whitewater from clean water no cav issues just drive straight on through:Banane25:. only downside is you will have to adjust your trajectory on reentries unless you want to land 5ft infront of the whitewater:naughty: I'm running one with a solas 12/18 big hub prop, check clearances before setting prop back though its close as is.

Matty

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
these pumps are excellent for the surf no noticable difference when in the whitewater from clean water no cav issues just drive straight on through:Banane25:. only downside is you will have to adjust your trajectory on reentries unless you want to land 5ft infront of the whitewater:naughty: I'm running one with a solas 12/18 big hub prop, check clearances before setting prop back though its close as is.

Matty

Have you rode a ski with a skat mag to compare?

These solas pumps look nice, we will be trying to put together some back to back testing soon.
My initial review here: http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/103667-Solas-SS-Mag-Nonsetback-144mm-pump-REVIEW

I got one ride on mine, what a difference compared to stock. It finally felt like i was putting some power to the water, hookup everywhere. Only downside is the weight it is very heavy compared to my stock pump but i didnt notice it really when riding,

yeah just built two skis identical hulls 1 with 840 jetworks and 140mm skat mag , other 701 pipe & head with solas 144mm so not apples apples as such but the solas definatly is a better freestyle freeride pump more punch down low. This could somewhat be put down to different motors an sizes etc but as far as i'm concerned for the price if this pump works for your size motor IE you don't need 148mm why would you get anything else, if you got a sj and your worried about the extra weight c'mon he he, if your building an am hull put the $1000 saving towards the carbon version and then with the savings on the cc's you now don't need your in front ha ha and if you already have an am hull built and don't have a skat already it would only be because you couldn't afford one at build time and guess what now you can:naughty:

Last edited:
Im very interested in this -

Although dont fully understand all the 140/144/148 etc.

Im waiting on a rickter to be delivered and im buying bits for the build.

I currently have a stock pump with a blowsion thrust cone in there and a large hub prop,

Im only running a ported 701 etc at the mo so no big PV moter

can i literally buy this set up and bolt it in, throw the thrust cone away and wack it in the fr2 with no troubles? bearing in mind im running a thrust trim too ?

/\ yes it is the same size as a stock stator section, trim is not affected, you may need a spacer ring (in oz they come with one but I'm sure brian could help you out if he's not supplying them with one) but the dowels should line it up. A FR2 was the first ski I rode with one in it and was the reason I bought one.

Matty

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
yea this is what you need for your setup
140 to small 148 to big
just need to replace the seals and install new ones on this pump and your bearings are more than likely fine press in the new shaft and done reinstall all your impeller housing and pump nozzle .
the spacer ring i already include with this price at $525
Im very interested in this -

Although dont fully understand all the 140/144/148 etc.

Im waiting on a rickter to be delivered and im buying bits for the build.

I currently have a stock pump with a blowsion thrust cone in there and a large hub prop,

Im only running a ported 701 etc at the mo so no big PV moter

can i literally buy this set up and bolt it in, throw the thrust cone away and wack it in the fr2 with no troubles? bearing in mind im running a thrust trim too ?

Top Bottom