JetWorks 4 mil stroker??

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I rode 2nd nature's ski last week, and have ridden riverrat's stock stroke Lamey quite a bit. I'd say riverrat's has more mid/top, even with pump gas compression and charging ignition.

However, both skis run great and I don't think there is a trick that one could do that the other couldn't.

The comparison is hard though, you'd really need them side by side to compare.

stock stroke Lamey powervalve with Riva 48's, pump gas, Enhancer, lightened flywheel versus +4mm 61x with Blackjacks, 210 psi, MSD t/l

Money-wise, I'm sure riverrat has less in his but he also bought everything used.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I rode 2nd nature's ski last week, and have ridden riverrat's stock stroke Lamey quite a bit. I'd say riverrat's has more mid/top, even with pump gas compression and charging ignition.

Yeah, but mine is ported for mid to top end power.............so even my boat is not a good comparison if you are looking for low end hit. It would have to be FS ported 61x stroker vs FS ported lamey standard stroke. No doubt it is comprable in power but better.............ehhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freestyleriverrat

This 4mm deal seems very affordable. I thought lamey powervalve cylinders were a fortune

I got my lamey PV cylinder w/ pv's, flat top pistons and already ported for $1500. But I think it has a race port on it, but it still has power all around. Look at sepnding about 3k for a ported cylinder and pistons

I think that my pump needs improvement as well. That may help my bottom end hit. I was getting some impeller spin w/ the stubby cone and that was the first comment Malone made to me when he took it out. Stock cone hurt my low end but eliminated the impeller spin.

crammit442

makin' legs
2nd Nature's motor is a 760 62t cylinder that was previously(not so well) ported before being stroked. It was not the ideal starting point for this project. Having an uncut 61x cylinder will be even better. The reason Mark's boat works so well is the whole package. No one feature is responsible for the power it makes. The porting, timing, carbs, fuel, prop, water routing, etc are what's making it hit so hard. A fresh 61x will be more forgiving regarding tuning and setup. It's gonna be tough to beat for the money. When you consider the average big bore is approaching $2000(with no crank) this is a no brainer.:biggthumpup:

Charles

jacob06

relapsing parts whore
Money-wise, I'm sure riverrat has less in his but he also bought everything used.[/QUOTE]

pound for pound, boat to boat ,dollar for dollar-- i doubt it.

lets see

340- ada head
350-crank
450- lpw ported and epoxie filled cases
1500- on used lamey cylinder with used pistion at max bore 85.5
maybe 500. if he was smart enough to use new pistions running flat tops.

compared to 2200.00 new engine .that does have new pistions and ada head.stroker crank port job and ported and filled cases.
if he used old pistions he has 2590 and if new close to 3000.00 or more
if he has new pistions. 800.00 dollar . if his cylinder doesnt blow and cost another 1000.00 for new sleeves. im not here to compare my ski against the next guy. just cant go wrong on this motor for 2200.00 . and river rat have you ever had total loss working and running race gas? i dont really comment unless ive tried something on my ski.:rolleyes: go ahead keep buying 700.00 used carbs and 500.00 broken total losses and ready to be reslieved cylinders you,ll figure it out one day. and buy the way mines not freestyle ported either. more of a freeride port. but never compared mine toward your because ive never road your ski.

F

Freestyleriverrat

lets see

340- ada head
350-crank
450- lpw ported and epoxie filled cases
1500- on used lamey cylinder with used pistion at max bore 85.5
maybe 500. if he was smart enough to use new pistions running flat tops.

compared to 2200.00 new engine .that does have new pistions and ada head.stroker crank port job and ported and filled cases.
if he used old pistions he has 2590 and if new close to 3000.00 or more
if he has new pistions. 800.00 dollar . if his cylinder doesnt blow and cost another 1000.00 for new sleeves. im not here to compare my ski against the next guy. just cant go wrong on this motor for 2200.00 . and river rat have you ever had total loss working and running race gas? i dont really comment unless ive tried something on my ski.:rolleyes: go ahead keep buying 700.00 used carbs and 500.00 broken total losses and ready to be reslieved cylinders you,ll figure it out one day. and buy the way mines not freestyle ported either. more of a freeride port. but never compared mine toward your because ive never road your ski.

I was not dogging you man :rolleyes: we were discussing lamey's vs the stroker 61x's and if you go back and reread you will notice how I said that you cannot compare our setups b/c the supporting components are too different. So you can bash my choices and the way I set my ski up all you want............:1244: ...........I could really care less.

no.....I was not smart enough to run new flat top pistons. You have to remember, I am from Kentucky and things like scooling and bouks or new psitons on a 85mm bore lamey cylinders are jsut crazy talk :haha:

your ski is cool man and I give you props. I just question how much is motor and how much is the components on the motor

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I've ridden both and either one would do what I need it to do. Both are more power than my skills can fully utilize.

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
Ya know there is nothing cheap about these boats. You start figuring what you have invested in your machine and then you start realizing how many brand new machines you could own....But that wouldnt be any fun.

SkiDaddy

Just Havin' Fun!
Then one day you do the math & figure you could have built a brand new AM hulled ski w/AM tuner built engine for what you have invested over the years....:banghead:

But you wouldn't have learned so much...:rolleyes:

F

Freestyleriverrat

I have new 44 mikunis
I would love to spend more money on carbs or anything to make it hit harder I just hate wasting it.Due to a bad pickup (Did not know at the time)I removed the msd after one hour,so I will reinstall that over the winter

44's are good carbs. I have found that all the motors I have had just liked the bigger carbs. But 44's are fine and can deliver nice clean power. Just take the time a dial them in.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Hence my dilemma. I want a new motor that hits harder then my stock stroke lamey and just don,t know which way to go or how much I need to spend

Do you run T/L and Full Specs now? Are you running high comp. now? If not I would go this route first as you will use them on whatever set up you run to enhance the power. If you are, sounds like you need some stroke on that lamey.

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
I was not dogging you man :rolleyes: we were discussing lamey's vs the stroker 61x's and if you go back and reread you will notice how I said that you cannot compare our setups b/c the supporting components are too different. So you can bash my choices and the way I set my ski up all you want............:1244: ...........I could really care less.

no.....I was not smart enough to run new flat top pistons. You have to remember, I am from Kentucky and things like scooling and bouks or new psitons on a 85mm bore lamey cylinders are jsut crazy talk :haha:

your ski is cool man and I give you props. I just question how much is motor and how much is the components on the motor
So Have you actually done a comparison on a race gas head to 93 octane head on the same motor? I bet it didnt make a huge difference. 210 is conservative. Like crammitt said its the whole package. Also 2nd nature had the same set up on a non ported, non stroker 701 that wasnt even in the same ballpark so that tells me that yes its the motor also. So its the motor in conjunction with the parts that the builder told him to run. I think thats the proper way to build a powerplant not just throw parts at it and hope it all works together correct? Anyway its not like Nature or any of us havnt ridden lameys to compare it to. Jacob 06 has a 6mil stroke and rides with us every weekend. I dont think nature is trying to put your boat down but it does seem that every thread this stroker motor gets discussed you come in trying to put it down when you know nothing about them. Look we all think its great that you pieced a lamey cheap but this is the real world were that isnt easily found.

F

Freestyleriverrat

So Have you actually done a comparison on a race gas head to 93 octane head on the same motor? I bet it didnt make a huge difference. 210 is conservative. Like crammitt said its the whole package. Also 2nd nature had the same set up on a non ported, non stroker 701 that wasnt even in the same ballpark so that tells me that yes its the motor also. So its the motor in conjunction with the parts that the builder told him to run. I think thats the proper way to build a powerplant not just throw parts at it and hope it all works together correct? Anyway its not like Nature or any of us havnt ridden lameys to compare it to. Jacob 06 has a 6mil stroke and rides with us every weekend. I dont think nature is trying to put your boat down but it does seem that every thread this stroker motor gets discussed you come in trying to put it down when you know nothing about them. Look we all think its great that you pieced a lamey cheap but this is the real world were that isnt easily found.

I have no idea where you guys are comming from. :dunno: Stroker motors can run good not doubt. 2nd Nature is just really defensive about his ski. Just b/c someone questions this set up or that set up does not mean it is a personal attack. The whole point of this forum is to allow open discussion. One guys asked about the stroker set up, people replied with their experiences. Superjett has been on both boats and shared his experience, we started discussing it and next thing I know you guys start blasting me for sending $$ on my boat and implying that I "know nothing about" stroker motors or basically motors in general. That is totally a personal attack on me and is rooted in comparison that I never made? :dunno: And I don't know where you think I have been gloating about my set b/c it sure as he11 has not been on this thread. Also what make you guys think that I just blindly spend $$ on useless crap hopeing for the best. I have spent the better part of a year peicing my ski together. It has had 3 differnet motors, I have tested dual 38mm carbs, dual 44mm carbs, 48mm Full specs, 48mm Riva's, RAD valves, v-force, couple differnt types of intake manifolds, waterline routing, waterboxes, compression, different spring tensions in the PV's................the list goes on and on. And through each test I have made decisions that have made improvements to the ski. It took hard work and allot of time..............I did not blindly throw $$ at the ski and hope for the best. As I said before, I could care less if you put down my ski.........it is fiberglass and metal. However, I do take offense to the implication that I do not know what I am doing or that I am ignorant. I encourage everyone to question and discuss what is brought up. Don't just follow someone blindly b/c they are partial to a particular set up.

Seriously guys, if you have a problem with me personally or something I have said, pm me and we will get it squared away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freestyleriverrat

"I have tested dual 38mm carbs, dual 44mm carbs, 48mm Full specs, 48mm Riva's, RAD valves, v-force, couple differnt types of intake manifolds, waterline routing, waterboxes, compression, different spring tensions in the PV's................the list goes on and on. And through each test I have made decisions that have made improvements to the ski. It took hard work and allot of time"...............[/QUOTE]

How did you find the Full rectums I was thinking about getting a set but they are large coin
what carbs are you running now

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Freestyleriverrat

"I have tested dual 38mm carbs, dual 44mm carbs, 48mm Full specs, 48mm Riva's, RAD valves, v-force, couple differnt types of intake manifolds, waterline routing, waterboxes, compression, different spring tensions in the PV's................the list goes on and on. And through each test I have made decisions that have made improvements to the ski. It took hard work and allot of time"...............

How did you find the Full rectums I was thinking about getting a set but they are large coin
what carbs are you running now

Haha you said rectums:biggthumpup:

Top Bottom