JetWorks 4 mil stroker??

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
The problem with dynos and has always been the problem with dynos, are that the number is relative, relative to the day, relative to the ambient conditions, relative to the dyno setup, operator, particular engine timing, porting, type of fuel and other engine parameters. The list is endless.

A dyno should only be used as a tuning tool or something like back to back tests.

Brian

wouldnt it be great if there were actual hp #s on any of these setups,rather than everyones seat of the pants dynometers.
At least we have freerides where a large collection of these motors are in one spot at the same time,so we can take some time to ride them back to back for at least a half azz comparison

Last edited:
The problem with dynos and has always been the problem with dynos, are that the number is relative, relative to the day, relative to the ambient conditions, relative to the dyno setup, operator, particular engine timing, porting, type of fuel and other engine parameters. The list is endless.

A dyno should only be used as a tuning tool or something like back to back tests.

Brian

all those issues are relative to someone that knows what they are doing.still 10x better than seat of the pants tuning,short list of variables compared to tuning cars,all the above with turbo size,fuel pressure,injector size,nitrous,meth,engine mang,heat soaking.this list is truly endless but yet without it no one would know what engine or turbo setup makes real power..... knowing egts,afrs and rpms corresponding to hp are all HUGE benefits to have, if skis had a wheel we would be light yrs ahead.......lol Everyone talks about these motor setups,stroker this that ,big bore this that,billet this that,no one has a clue what kinda power any of them make in comparison other than how hard it yanks thier arms or if it can flat backie

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Water break dyno in a shed in NJ.

Long story.............

Mark44

The first rule about the dyno: Don't talk about the dyno.

It’s kind of like big foot you want to think its there but no one has actually seen it other than some fuzzy pictures.

Can u people NOT let the dyno thing go??? This is getting REALLY old and I for one am SICK AND TIRED of reading this crap!!!

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
And SOULMAN seems to be very pleased with his results as well.

Soul Man
PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Yup, it's a Jr. Magoo's-built Lamey stroker. +6mm with the longer rods, I forget the bore size
icon_eek.gif
icon_redface.gif
but I think it's 85mm. Well over 800cc's (I think about 820
icon_twisted.gif
). Been a while since Paul and I finalized all the specs.

125 HP @ 3500 rpm
138 HP @ 4500rpm
149hp @ 5500rpm
159hp@ 6500rpm
143hp@ 7500rpm

That's with Paul's Full Spectrum carbs, Total loss ig., and race gas on his dyno. My #'s will be a little less with regular Mikuni's, MSD Enhancer. I'm hoping to run pump gas, but will have to take it easy as Paul said it's about 200 psi. I'm going to comp check it once I put it together, I may go with smaller domes to give me some pump gas safety (or I may go nuts and start paying for race gas
icon_eek.gif
)

Only bad thing: the casting overhangs the exhasut manifold, so I'm gonna have to grind my manifold, or a little bit of the cylinder side
icon_cry.gif
. Other than that one snag and I would have finshed it tonight and dropped it in the hull first thing in the morning....

"...bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep."

Top Bottom