JetWorks 4 mil stroker??

jetskiking

Im done sanding!!!
I have no idea where you guys are comming from. :dunno: Stroker motors can run good not doubt. 2nd Nature is just really defensive about his ski. Just b/c someone questions this set up or that set up does not mean it is a personal attack. The whole point of this forum is to allow open discussion. One guys asked about the stroker set up, people replied with their experiences. Superjett has been on both boats and shared his experience, we started discussing it and next thing I know you guys start blasting me for sending $$ on my boat and implying that I "know nothing about" stroker motors or basically motors in general. That is totally a personal attack on me and is rooted in comparison that I never made? :dunno: And I don't know where you think I have been gloating about my set b/c it sure as he11 has not been on this thread. Also what make you guys think that I just blindly spend $$ on useless crap hopeing for the best. I have spent the better part of a year peicing my ski together. It has had 3 differnet motors, I have tested dual 38mm carbs, dual 44mm carbs, 48mm Full specs, 48mm Riva's, RAD valves, v-force, couple differnt types of intake manifolds, waterline routing, waterboxes, compression, different spring tensions in the PV's................the list goes on and on. And through each test I have made decisions that have made improvements to the ski. It took hard work and allot of time..............I did not blindly throw $$ at the ski and hope for the best. As I said before, I could care less if you put down my ski.........it is fiberglass and metal. However, I do take offense to the implication that I do not know what I am doing or that I am ignorant. I encourage everyone to question and discuss what is brought up. Don't just follow someone blindly b/c they are partial to a particular set up.

Seriously guys, if you have a problem with me personally or something I have said, pm me and we will get it squared away.
No problem and you must have a guilty concious. I didnt say you dont know anything about strokers I said you dont know anything about the jetworks 4 mil. I also didnt say that you pieced yours together. I said Mark didnt piece his together and is running what he was told. I just thought the comment about how much power the motor is making verses the parts was rediculous. I think everybody's motor makes power because of the parts they put on including yours. Last time I checked the motors didn't come with Lameys or flat tops either. I could see why Mark feels the need to defend himself. He spent alot of time not riding last year to come up with the money for his ski and I wouldn't appriciate someone that hasn't even ridden this setup dogging on it either. Cool if your not bagging on it but it is coming accross that way. I also dont want you to think that I'm bagging on your ski. Lameys are awsome motors and you have just about one of the sweetest squares out there, but when your talking about spending $2200 on a motor with a builder and using new parts the Lamey is not an option.

Watty

Random Performance
I'm waiting on a Jetworks 6mm stroker....I can't wait! Well, I can, but it should be sweet in an XFT hull.... ;)

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
If you are looking for a little more power on your stock stroke Lamey, why don't you switch to race gas and get smaller domes and up the compression.

When your budget allows, build another motor. You could sell off your motor or the cylinder if you want and recoup some of the cost moving up to a stroker motor.

You want real prices for a Lamey?

Brian

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
If you are looking for a little more power on your stock stroke Lamey, why don't you switch to race gas and get smaller domes and up the compression.

When your budget allows, build another motor. You could sell off your motor or the cylinder if you want and recoup some of the cost moving up to a stroker motor.

You want real prices for a Lamey?

Brian

Brian, this is an almost 2 year old thread.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes
to keep this going I am getting ready to send mt motor to Art for a big bore but cant decide if i should go for the extra 500 and add the 4mm crank

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Should add a nice boost in power... I'd definately do it for only 500 more bucks. It's damn near a no brainer. :D

and you won't find anyone better than Art as a builder. Friendly, no BS, excellent support, and the prices are freaky good compared to many others. He is simply the best in my opinion.

jetski9010

Team RTYD
To many engine packages to pick from. For my 96 RN build I am trying to have a simple powerful reliable engine package for it. I can decide between group k 845, x metal 865, and now the jetworks 4mm storker I hear good things about. I dont have a good carb setup right now so dual 49 full specs will be added to the price of the x metal build. I am not sure what the best carb setup would be for the jetworks motor. As for the group k I was just going to run it on their modified 38's. So the price of the different motors would be group K $3000 for everything (engine, carbs, case porting, cdi, exhaust matching and head pipe opening) $2200 for the jet works + carbs? and any other small things I might need. $2900 for x metal + carbs and other small things I might need. I cant make up my mind but this jetworks package looks good bang for your buck. How would this match up to a group K 845 kit?

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
After going over about a bazillion options sitting over here in Iraq with nothing else to do but read pros and cons, I decided to go with the Jetworks 4mil. I wanted something powerful but reliable. I think this fits that bill very nicely from what I've read. Going to be running TBM fw with enhancer and dual full spec 47's. I cant wait to get home and slap this bad boy in. I'll add my thoughts after I get the chance :)

I have been running a Jetworks BB all season and couldn't be happier with it. I know you're leaning toward a 4 mil but the BB alone has some great power. I believe it (BB) can even be upgraded to a 4 mil with, obviuosly, a crank and some other slight modifications. Call Art and he'll give you more information than you need. The XMetal 865 also looks like a nice package.

wouldnt it be great if there were actual hp #s on any of these setups,rather than everyones seat of the pants dynometers.
At least we have freerides where a large collection of these motors are in one spot at the same time,so we can take some time to ride them back to back for at least a half azz comparison

Top Bottom