Joe Kenny, Prayers needed!!!

shepster

Living the dream!
Dont know you guys but joe is such a great ambasadeur for the sport i cant help but comment.
Best wishes to joe, family and friends, hope you pull through and get back out on the water doing what you love soon.

James

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I am sorry but I am using my husbands account for this... (he's gunna be ticked.) I don't post (ever) but I follow along with all your crazy stories and feel like I know a few of you personally even though I have not met you (I know I know not fair to know you guys and not have you know me too..) Anyway I have a Joe story I wanted to share...
I went to the Blowsion party last year and we all were gathered at a restaurant... Joe came in and went to the opposite room from mine... I heard whispers "He's here--- Yes- in the other room." I knew who they were talking about. I went over and sat next to him. He was eating dinner with his mom and crew. I had never met him before that night. I introduced myself and told him my problem.. You see I didn't know anyone there that night and was being swallowed by the crowed.. I needed his help. If he would only come to the other room so I could introduce my husband to the one and only JK I would be forever grateful. He did better than that... He dropped his fork stood up and put his arm around me we walked into the room where Matt (husband) was. I tapped his shoulder he looked and dropped his chin to the ground. He smiled and said "Hey its mister Joe Kenney" ... Joe then planted a nice kiss on my cheek and said "I already met your wife but who the hell are you.." He stayed a while to shoot the breeze and totally made my weekend... I don't know him well but he managed to make this girl feel like a million bucks that night and I wont forget it. He is just that kind of guy.. Always makes you feel good... Just wanted to share this with you all.. God bless you Joe I am praying with the others and I sill owe your mom a drink --Char(Matts wife)

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I am sorry but I am using my husbands account for this... (he's gunna be ticked.) I don't post (ever) but I follow along with all your crazy stories and feel like I know a few of you personally even though I have not met you (I know I know not fair to know you guys and not have you know me too..)
Anyway I have a Joe story I wanted to share...
I went to the Blowsion party last year and we all were gathered at a restaurant... Joe came in and went to the opposite room from mine... I heard whispers "He's here--- Yes- in the other room." I knew who they were talking about.So I went over and sat next to him. He was eating dinner with his mom and crew. I had never met him before that night. I introduced myself and told him my problem.. You see I didn't know anyone there that night and was being swallowed by the crowed.. I needed his help.
If Joe would only come to the other room so I could introduce my husband to the one and only JK I would be forever grateful. Joe did better than that... He dropped his fork stood up and put his arm around me we walked into the room where Matt (husband) was.
I tapped Matt's shoulder he looked and dropped his chin to the ground. He smiled and said "Hey its mister Joe Kenney" ... Joe then planted a nice kiss on my cheek and said "I already met your wife but who the hell are you.." He stayed a while to shoot the breeze and totally made my weekend... I don't know him well but he managed to make this girl feel like a million bucks that night and I wont forget it. He is just that kind of guy.. Always makes you feel good... Just wanted to share this with you all.. God bless you Joe I am praying with the others and I sill owe your mom a drink --Char(Matts wife)

:soapbox:

Who's stealing my account? Just kidding.

Yeah, that was a good night there. Up until that point, me & Phill were drinking Margaritas with Randy Laine and talking about 3D's.

And along comes Joe, talking about Lickeys. :biggthumpup: :haha:

Last edited:
K...if were sharing Joe stories..o'side 06. Michigan crew goes down,mind you we have literly (sp?) memorized FreeLoaders...in fact we have a trivia game based on the movie..ie. like how many gallons they pumped at coffee bay, South Africa..ect..and a lot of other stuff.... wierd stuff ..trust me. So in michigan in winter we wear that vid out..GF are like oh not again. We go to O'side to observe, expecting to mabye see Joe riding,,ya know its his home turf and all, and we had a little US vs. the world thing goin on. But hes hurt and not riding.. we roll in to o'side and that f..kr is livin in a ryder van at the beach....we are totally blown away speachless, that he is not only there but totally cool with hanging with us..we were all like Joe remember in Freeloaders when they asked you where you were goin and you said Mexico..yea that was cool..turns out he only saw Freeloaders one time...And Im thinkin dude Ive seen it prolly 2000 times. But he was like thats what I do with no air(now how would you spell that?) of superiority or ego..And I thought how f'n cool this sport was to have a guy like that be the top FreeRider in the world...I am so thankfull for joe to inspire us to not only ride but to not take ourselves to seriously...Dude I know with all the support you have along with your zest 4 life you will be back on your feet and be all like whats all the deal....its just a little bump on the noggin...lets rock...we are STILL waitin for freeloaders 2..Im out

Good story Free....thanks for posting!

Got an awesome note from Joe's brother Shawn today - thought I'd share - keep the faith gang!

Good News!!!

Joe is responding to me when I speak, by moving his eye lids, head, toes or squeezing hands when asked to do so. He is still there and comprehending. His hands are restrained to protect him from pulling his breathing/feeding tubes, bandages, I.V. etc. . His surgeon was impressed and said "He is going to get better". We will be doing music therapy daily and reading to him. Still on morphine and atavan so he will be "in and out". I think he likes hearing about all of you as he seems to try and smile. He is still comatose and it may take weeks for him to awaken so be patient. I hope to be able to have visitors see him in the near future.

Thanks
Shawn

P

PancakePete

i was wondering the same myself.....

x3, Its been 2 days with no update... :banghead:
I hope no news is good news ! :cheer:

Top Bottom