Kennay's 760 powered Squarenose total rebuild

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I will work on it tomorrow which is my b-day, but I have everything that goes under the ride plate installed and buttoned down. Steering cable, ect.....

Tomorrow I am going to flip it over and start chugging along on everything else inside. :sneaky:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Thanks! Today I shall be trying to accomplish the internal fuel filler deal with the pick ups being in the old fuel fill hole. I just need to consult with my peoples for some direction first :sneaky:

Hey bud

I'm looking for a exhaust outlet hose from a squarenose. There discontinued from yamaha and i need one to properly fit for use with a tnt chamber.
( outlet i.d. is smaller on squarenose larger on round)
Since your going to be using a B pipe thought you may be interested in sellin it?
Thanx
Neal

Hey bud

I'm looking for a exhaust outlet hose from a squarenose. There discontinued from yamaha and i need one to properly fit for use with a tnt chamber.
( outlet i.d. is smaller on squarenose larger on round)
Since your going to be using a B pipe thought you may be interested in sellin it?
Thanx
Neal

he is not using a b pipe.

so whats the werd man you riding yet?

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I'm basically just working on the finishing touches at this point... nothing a couple days shouldn't take care of.

I still need to:

-Mount up a plate across the dash for the TL switch and the primer
-Cooling lines
-Fuel Lines
-Hook up water injection

And yea, the pole is all the way up in the pic... all hail the flattened pole mount area woot woot

And the strap kit is from E.J. here on the board..... I used some softer/thinner webbing that I had since it was a little easier to work with. What he sent is fine though. Props to him for putting together a nice affordable all in one kit that pulls that hood down VERY tight. I'm debating on whether or not I want to install hood hooks. I think I might if aligning the hood every time I put it on becomes an annoyance.

Attachments

• build128.jpg
    build128.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 64
  • build130.jpg
    build130.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 142
  • build131.jpg
    build131.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 107
Sick build! Just read through your whole thread......ski is coming out awesome.

Louie, what SN kit are you talking about that you make? I would be interested to see what you have.

Last edited:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
the old girl took her first breaths tonight.... short ones, but breaths none the less. The plug wires I have are way too short. one keeps popping off.

I should have a ride report posted up sometime next week... till then, that is about all I have to say about that :D

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Short and sweet:

Ski rips

Crammit approved

damn rich on the bottom, but is rideable and has good power

needs some nozzle/impeller combo tinkering

The bad:

Relay is messed up already... it's a Quicksilver brand... not much of a problem though

rings have seated, and instead of 180, I am now getting 200/205 so I am going to run straight 110 to be safe. Could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Crammit can better elaborate on teh power, there isn't much to say though. It's got it... 62t/64x cylinder and all.

well i need pics and maybe a vid as proof. i can bealive this thing actually runs hehe

glad your happy so far man. it was damn time!!!!!

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Turf pics will come in due time. I will post up a few later on tonight. I just took apart the ********ty relay, and internally it's ass is cooked. It wasn't very watertight at all... what a freaking POS.

dajnglst

Glass Happens
Hood strap kits .

Anyone ever consider trying to use inner tube ala surf jet thing.

There was a small surfboard jet powered with 300cc engine in it I found on the net a while back. The guy had a engine seal design that I have not seen used anyplace else. He had an inner tube liner that was pumped up manually after the hood/engine cover was installed. Makes sense to me if tube material is strong enough. So in addition to hood strap the inner tube could gain you a little tighter fit. And actually seal up the hood.

crammit442

makin' legs
Short and sweet:

Ski rips

Crammit approved

damn rich on the bottom, but is rideable and has good power

needs some nozzle/impeller combo tinkering

The bad:

Relay is messed up already... it's a Quicksilver brand... not much of a problem though

rings have seated, and instead of 180, I am now getting 200/205 so I am going to run straight 110 to be safe. Could be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Crammit can better elaborate on teh power, there isn't much to say though. It's got it... 62t/64x cylinder and all.

Boat turned out really nice. Turf was challenging, but Kenneth knows what he's doing. If you ever need turf done Kenneth is the man to see. Best turf I've ever seen. The boat runs good now, but it's gonna rip hard when it's finished being tuned. It hits hard enough that Kenneth had the boat get away from him several times. Paint looks awesome in person. Nice fiberglass work too. You could hold a party for fifty people in that tray. It's wide. There was some pretty serious Andy Griffith watching going on this past weekend. Super nice boat(for a square)!:wink:

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
Oh good god.

Seriously though, this is why Charles is the man. This tray was turfed with only 3 solid pieces of turf... the only seams are at the floor. 2 sides, a floor, and 25mm under padding underneath. There is also a little 3/8" padding in the ankle cut outs. Very, very bitchin' job. Many hours went into this POS, and sadly, most weren't from me. I am going to have to turf the rails and dash later on now that I've learned the basics from the turf guru. And the VP sticker is for the temp. sealing of a couple bolt holes in the dash, haha.

Super nice guy and his dog is cool too. I owe him big time. Not just the turf, but really with bringing the whole build together for the last few months and providing hours of excellent technical advice.

Thanks Charles, you da' man!

Attachments

• build132.jpg
    build132.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 112
  • build133.jpg
    build133.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 74
  • build134.jpg
    build134.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 75
Oh good god.

Seriously though, this is why Charles is the man. This tray was turfed with only 3 solid pieces of turf... the only seams are at the floor. 2 sides, a floor, and 25mm under padding underneath. There is also a little 3/8" padding in the ankle cut outs. Very, very bitchin' job. Many hours went into this POS, and sadly, most weren't from me. I am going to have to turf the rails and dash later on now that I've learned the basics from the turf guru. And the VP sticker is for the temp. sealing of a couple bolt holes in the dash, haha.

Super nice guy and his dog is cool too. I owe him big time. Not just the turf, but really with bringing the whole build together for the last few months and providing hours of excellent technical advice.

Thanks Charles, you da' man!

I dont post here often, but I have an opinion on everything..so I'm gonna voice mine.

Only knowing Kenneth for a short few months, i will say i was skeptical when I heard what kinda task he was taking on. Folks..he did his homework, and he built this ski right. He planned it out well, used some one the best parts available, and the install is as clean as i have seen, even from some of the well known shops.

This ski is gnarly! It's not my personal favorite looking ski, but it's clean paint, and it came out really well. The motor, is clean, and built with purpose.

I can't comment on power, as I have not yet ridden this ski, if it runs anything like it was built, it will be nothing less then nasty!

The turf..I mentioned to him, it is very, very clean, and tight together, Excellent job man!

I'll post back again tomorrow, if i am lucky enough to ride it.

Lots of really good ideas used while putting this together, i am really happy that it came out so well. Nice guy, and he deserves for this thing to be a rocket, which i am sure it is.

I'll bring my crappy digi cam tomorrow, and see if i cant get some nice pictures before i drop it in the water.

SK

Top Bottom