Freestyle Lee stone and why he couldn't wow the world again

well said, or release something together to have the same story.

nah, just bury it and take it as a lesson learned. Trust me, I could have done this type of thing, or had it done to me 100 times in the last 7 years doing the daytona freeride. Lots of promises get broken and things go wrong on both sides, including failures on my part. Gotta let it go and hope to do better next time. That's key in any relationship whether it's business or personal

Last edited:

Droste14

Be About It!
But dont you think he could of maybe rented a boat from someone? If EME wasnt supplying the needed boat to compete, im sure there would of been a fully capable ski available that someone would of givin!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
But dont you think he could of maybe rented a boat from someone? If EME wasnt supplying the needed boat to compete, im sure there would of been a fully capable ski available that someone would of givin!

It isn't that easy at the top levels of pro freestyle skis. There are only a handful of pro calibre skis that get built and finished in time to bring. Every hull/motor/steering/pole combo is so different especially across brands that you cant jump on another ski and ride it to that level.

That's how I understand it too. What's with the illegal gas thing also, lots of weird stuff going on.

rules state that you have to run a UNleaded gas. leaded gas is higher octane and you can have higher compression... some people streach the rules and run the leaded gas to keep running the higher compression... people that know can smell the differance..

also about others that say a ski should be built and tested 6 months befor the finals... If you did that you would be 6 months behind the bar... Yes the overall combo should have been tested
closer to what they were going to use.. but pumps, props, cones are changed and tested sometimes 4 times a day durning testing

talking about if there were going to bend the rules (gas) should have also been talked about. it's sad to see teams/ friends disagree after a event like this..

Last edited:
Why didn't he bring his own ski? What had Lee been practicing on if the Aerial hadn't come out yet? If I ever went to finals, I would try to bring all my own stuff and not worry about getting sponsored. If your sponsored, great, but I would still bring my own personalized ski to the event.

Why didn't he bring his own ski? What had Lee been practicing on if the Aerial hadn't come out yet? If I ever went to finals, I would try to bring all my own stuff and not worry about getting sponsored. If your sponsored, great, but I would still bring my own personalized ski to the event.

That would be great if he could but look at it as if he works for somebody. They supply the ski and he is the rider..

As an eme mechanic and rider there is alot of controversy about what had happened. Being people want to side with either eme or stone i have been there from the very start. The aerial 8 was developed months in advanced before world finals. The ski was tested. Lee had the first production aerial 8 from the mold. We did spend alot of long nights and days working on preparing lee stone for world finals. Lee as most know was in a contract with seaworld which allowed him 4 days to come to world finals. He showed up wednsday to view his all New Aerail 8 and after testing wanted to change pumps, props, and nozzles. We warned him of our unknown knowledge of this swap but he wanted it anyway. We spent days trying to dial in the issues he had with the nozzles. The inlet for water was changed to try and help this bigger pump. Lee practiced just fine on the ski doing backflips and helicopters almost to the moon. Again we spent long sleepless nights working on the ski. Lee claims eme made him use illegal fuel. Yet he forgot to mention he bought the fuel and that illegal fuel doesnt exist, fuel is tuned to the riders liking. It was not checked in tech. At qualifying the ski performed perfectly fine. Lee hucked a massive backflip first second out. He forgot to mention that he installed the steering system and didnt tighten down his superflip bars correctly thus leaving him in a twisted mess during the routine. It was then made aware we should change back to another pump we had originally showed up with. ( These are kawasaki pumps as the Aerial 8 and Q8 only accept kawasaki pumps...not yamaha.) Lee claims the ski does not barrel roll. He was doing 4 rolls in a row in practice. (there are pics!). The day after the competition we spent the whole day going back to what we had origninally showed up with using the kawasaki nozzle system. No problems what so ever occured using this. The night before the competition lee had told me he would not ride if he had a glitch using the yamaha nozzle system. ( Note we had kawasaki on hand). It was even discussed that he could play off a hand injury from the qualifying incident that occured. Stone and the ski were perfectly capable of making it on the water for sundays competition. The decision was left up to the Professional Lee stone to not ride just before the competition. The eme team worked way too hard and made many sacrifices for the rider, Yet we were let down when he decided to throw in the towel. I myself worked way too hard for this story to be twisted like it was. I was there for everything. In a professional world if you have a problem it is your ability to be able to make up for the problem. Not to not ride for your team and contract sponsors.

I was deleted from friends with lee when i had posted on his article, probably to keep the truth away from his post.

The all New Aerial 8 by eme performs out of this world. We can go to the moon with it but jeremy parr wont give me directions :)

i will add some pics here as well

Ahh snaps. And so the story unfolds.

yep im the guy who saw it all go down.

Mind you lee was not held to working with us all night long, he was able to leave to the hot tub and sleep when he wanted.

The rubber flaps do not come standard on the aerial 8, it was an experiment for the larger pump he had to have. In fact the ski is amazing, Breaks loose on turns very well and is insanley bouyant. Backflips with ease and really whips ya on rolls.

If you have any questions please ask, i would rather clear it up with you before any rumor is started.

Lets not ask what if. He was to do his part in aid of eme to ride the new hull. You realize he has been riding a rickter in salt water for a few months now for seaworld...Not an A8 on freshwater.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I just dont understand why the rider would care if it had a kawi or yami pump. According to Lee's post, the ski had an untested yami pump in it upon arrival, and according to the EME crew, it was Lee's request that a yami pump be installed. That seems to be the main inconsistency between Lee's and EME's story.

KR

www.krlines.com
Whether Lee's story is true or not doesn't matter. Malone's story is covering his product and Lee's story is covering himself. I would go with Lee's story on this one...

Emotions are involved here. Emotions like this don't stir up because of a product, but rather someone who may have been responsible for all of the mishaps.

Bottom line, the world champion should have had a ski that was tried and trued before riding. I was nodding my head in doubt of how EME handed a ski to the #1 rider in the world and hope it was put together right.

Top Bottom