Lightweight hull manufacturers

You might, but it might be crap, and you won't know until it's too late. I am in China right now, my company has a lot of suppliers over here. We allow some local suppliers to supply them, but we spec US materials for critical components. Been there, done that :banghead: The only advantage I see is labor, which adds up when you're making hundreds of thousands of parts a year. Not 10-20.

Also, someone in the US can purcahse materials from China if they really want to. I've never looked for fiberglass, but if they make it in China they will ship it to the US.

I don't have firsthand knowledge of the resin or glass cloth prices, but I know for a fact that the urethane foam is just a hair over half the best price any company can get in the US AND it is better foam. Since most of the yacht building industry is moving to Asia because they can build the same boats for a fraction of the price, I'd assume that jetskis would be the same. Most of the large, well known yacht builders are either over there or moving; or in South America.

That's it... we can make an order from China...

Lets see.... about US$500,000.00 for 1,000 hulls.... Who is in or out?

If they want to make I am sure the quality will be not that bad.

Gera

^^^^Your kiddin right! F-that... I have seen so much shiet china in the pit-bike world, and the pocket bikes they sell at Auto Zone....

I would not ride a China Ski.... sorry

Eheheheheh

I am kidding... but my point is.... If theres a demand... China will make it, but there's not.

I wouldn't say that about China... they copy everything, as a lot of BR and AM does, but they do some nice copies.

I have seen industrial machines being manufactured in China and people are pretty happy.

Gera

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Hey Gera, what does your hull weigh without the hood? Pat said he had it on a scale and it top off at 95 lbs :sneaky:

Is there a carbon/kevlar shortage in Brazil? there is abosolutly none left here in the US because of the war

Thanks George W!!:banghead: :banghead: :bs2:

crammit442

makin' legs
Hey Gera, what does your hull weigh without the hood? Pat said he had it on a scale and it top off at 95 lbs :sneaky:

Is there a carbon/kevlar shortage in Brazil? there is abosolutly none left here in the US because of the war

Thanks George W!!:banghead: :banghead: :bs2:

Has almost nothing to do w/the war. There are still ample supplies of carbon here in the US. Kevlar is even easier to get. There was a similar shortage several years ago. Industry is using the vast majority. Largely aerospace. I just ordered 200 lbs of carbon a month ago and received my first 50lb drop last week. It's much easier to get if you have a long standing relationship with a supplier. Price has risen a small bit, though.:biggthumpup:

Charles

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Eh? I am curious...what does that have to do with the war?

on another note, the guy from Fiberlay was telling me that Boeing and other bigwigs in the aerospace game buy all the stuff up.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Has almost nothing to do w/the war. There are still ample supplies of carbon here in the US. Kevlar is even easier to get. There was a similar shortage several years ago. Industry is using the vast majority. Largely aerospace. I just ordered 200 lbs of carbon a month ago and received my first 50lb drop last week. It's much easier to get if you have a long standing relationship with a supplier. Price has risen a small bit, though.:biggthumpup:

Charles

Ha, you posted before me. Looks like the Fiberlay dude (Mark?) was right.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
No kidding. He said that you could get whatever you wanted as long as you ordered bulk (BIG bulk!)

Interesting guy he was. Ordered margaritas for the entire table (errr, two tables) and told us about cheap vs. expensive epoxy. Very enlightening.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Doesn't boeing and other airplane Manufacturers also provide the military with fighter jets. Just last week, I located some carbon but I had to purchase a complete roll.

the only material that I can't seem to find is the carbon/kevlar hybrids. WTF!

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Doesn't boeing and other airplane Manufacturers also provide the military with fighter jets. Just last week, I located some carbon but I had to purchase a complete roll.

Errr....when was the last time the Afghans and/or Iraqis shot down a US warplane? :arms: :biggthumpup:

Besides, I think they, too, are bought in contractual bulk, not one here and one there.

crammit442

makin' legs

Sounds like it's time to buy a complete roll!:biggthumpup:

Charles

Top Bottom