Lightweight hull manufacturers

Hey Gera, what does your hull weigh without the hood? Pat said he had it on a scale and it top off at 95 lbs :sneaky:

Is there a carbon/kevlar shortage in Brazil? there is abosolutly none left here in the US because of the war

Thanks George W!!:banghead: :banghead: :bs2:

Steve,

I was the person that introduced U into the fyberglass market... I sold U the first top hulls, front lip molds, some hoods....

Last week I was at your shop trying to giving U some advices and changing experiences with U but....

Now the pupil is always against the teacher...

I never offered people hulls or top hulls on this web site and on any other... U know I am not inside this business.

I never sold ride plates and chinpads and have people resaling it after open the package and dont even try it.

Answering your question: I dont care if what we make hulls that weight 95 or 85 (but I know it is strong enough for everything) but I will never talk about your hulls on this web site and in any other site.

U are always making techical questions about Wamilons, Lenzi, Kevin.... If U have any doubt send a PM, email.....I know U have all the email address and phone #'s..... Dont promote your parts devalueing others. This is not ethical.

I was out of this conversation but U called my attention.... jesus.

Gera

Is there a carbon/kevlar shortage in Brazil? there is abosolutly none left here in the US because of the war :[/QUOTE said:
Just get it from Glue products for US$55/yd if your business suport it. I do.

Gera

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Hey Gera, what does your hull weigh without the hood? Pat said he had it on a scale and it top off at 95 lbs :sneaky:

Is there a carbon/kevlar shortage in Brazil? there is abosolutly none left here in the US because of the war

Thanks George W!!:banghead: :banghead: :bs2:

Wow... Yo u think the is a carbon/kevlar shortage and it is because of War? You may want to research that. Or question your sources. Please explain why you think the war is causing a carbon Kevlar shortage in Brazil. Do some reseach. Look into what the types Kevlar that is used by the military. You may notice it is not the same stuff being used to make Jetskis. The aerospace industry is another story. But you will notice the Military is not buying a ton of new planes at the moment. Current research is going towards a Humvee replacement.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
Gera,
A 95 pound hull is great. In my experience they seem to take a lot of abuse and keep going. That is about the range most people have asked for when ordering their hulls from me. As for the carbon/kevlar shortage, you can thank Boeing and Airbus for that, not the war. It seems as though more people want to fly!!!! Both companies have huge contracts for commercial airliners, which will last two to three more years, so don't think things will change much in the future when it comes to the availability of high end composites. I have found that the only way to get any is to have a good supplier, like Charles said, and buy bigger quantities (multiple rolls). It is hard to invest that much up front, but that is really the only choice the market has given us small guys.

Gera,
A 95 pound hull is great. In my experience they seem to take a lot of abuse and keep going. That is about the range most people have asked for when ordering their hulls from me. As for the carbon/kevlar shortage, you can thank Boeing and Airbus for that, not the war. It seems as though more people want to fly!!!! Both companies have huge contracts for commercial airliners, which will last two to three more years, so don't think things will change much in the future when it comes to the availability of high end composites. I have found that the only way to get any is to have a good supplier, like Charles said, and buy bigger quantities (multiple rolls). It is hard to invest that much up front, but that is really the only choice the market has given us small guys.

That's it John....
They never said it is WAR fact but BOEING and some others aircraft manufacturers are using it a lot more instead of metal.
I think that this large demand is related with war because the crafts bombers... I did read something about it.

I did personally some extra light hulls but I would never recomend it if U are not Malone or Lenzi that hardly do a half way barrel roll or back flip.

A strong enough hull for everyone will never be lighter than 80lbs without hood. That's my poor opinion.

Gera

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Steve,

I was the person that introduced U into the fyberglass market... I sold U the first top hulls, front lip molds, some hoods....

Last week I was at your shop trying to giving U some advices and changing experiences with U but....

I never offered people hulls or top hulls on this web site and on any other... U know I am not inside this business.

I never sold ride plates and chinpads and have people resaling it after open the package and dont even try it.

Answering your question: I dont care if what we make hulls that weight 95 or 85 (but I know it is strong enough for everything) but I will never talk about your hulls on this web site and in any other site.

U are always making techical questions about Wamilons, Lenzi, Kevin.... If U have any doubt send a PM, email.....I know U have all the email address and phone #'s..... Dont promote your parts devalueing others. This is not ethical.

Gera

Hey Gera, I didn't realize that my question was an attack on you ...I just inquiring about the weight, that's all!! ... If that offens you, than I apologize!:boggled:

and the other question I was asking was if you are experiencing the same problem with cabon/kevlar over in Brazil?

If I'm out of line, please let me know! obe-wan!:starwars:

Hey Gera, I didn't realize that my question was an attack on you ...I just inquiring about the weight, that's all!! ... If that offens you, than I apologize!:boggled:

and the other question I was asking was if you are experiencing the same problem with cabon/kevlar over in Brazil?

If I'm out of line, please let me know! obe-wan!:starwars:

Steve,

I was out of this thread even after see my name involved... As U know I do something but I do not market it.... My job dont allow me to that.

I apologize U too but the only concern is that I personally judge myself suspect to talk about Wam, Lenzi, Kevi, Waterdoug, 247... since I do some ******** I dont feel confortable to say anything about others.

I really apologize U but, as U say, I want to be out of it.

Gera

Last edited:

Cane700

Broken Jetskiier
Boeings latest airliner the 787 dreamliner is basically going to be made almost entirely from composites like carbon fiber etc. If there are shortages that is most likely why.

Steve,

Gera

gera, steve was just asking a question.............not attacking you

right on.......you always seemed a cool guy, that post did not reflect what I thought to be your normal character

:smile:

I thank U for it and I would say it is a moment.

I did feel not good a couple weeks ago when I was trading a part and it was claimed as a copy.... after things was cleared but I really dont like to give an opinion on others parts.

If it is my mistake I already public apologize.

Gera

gera, do you have anything to do with the manufacturing, distribution or sales of the legdrag hulls and hoods??

YES. But dont ask me for it.

I do help Legdrag get the TKO hulls mainly with a lot of translation between TKO & Legdrag. Until they can communicate with each other I feel like I have to help them out.

Kevin calls me the “project manager” but I’m more of just a translator.

I do bring product to Legdrag and certain materials back to TKO.

In response to it... Kevin get me good killer prices and sometimes help me getting parts when credit card, wire transfer or paypal doesn't do the job.

Gera

Top Bottom