looking for good surf slash pics

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
thats a good one!

1_IMG_6797.jpg

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
heres a great shot of jerry brandon that kinda describes what I'm talking about. Still the wave is too small to get totally vertical, but you can see how the white water is supporting him from falling into the water. I think this trick is much harder than what some people give it credit for...

http://www.fullgaz.com/jet.php?c=288&d=136&page=photozoom
I agree with Mike, seeing these on the big waves is sick, if done wrong you got a ton of water going to mess you up.

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
heres a great shot of jerry brandon that kinda describes what I'm talking about. Still the wave is too small to get totally vertical, but you can see how the white water is supporting him from falling into the water. I think this trick is much harder than what some people give it credit for...

http://www.fullgaz.com/jet.php?c=288&d=136&page=photozoom

I think you are right. But I chalk that up to most people not knowing exactly what they are trying to do. this is all about timing and style. if eiter one isnt just right it just looks like somebody doing a turn on a wave.

It's much more than "throwing spray" at a wave.

joe b

depth tester
thats a good one!

1_IMG_6797.jpg

That shot is great!!! He'd have upside down if it was layed over any more!!!

For me frontside is my favorite line. I used to skate vert and would be happy doing frontside grinds all day. Long grinds on a cement lip throwing sparks rule!!! Here's a frontside snap of me..

1_IMG_6314.jpg

1_IMG_6315.jpg

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
getting vertical makes me nervous. thats how I broke the front lip off of me ski twice. I guess I need to learn to slide onto the white stuff.

wydopen

onthepipe
Oh I absolutely agree with that, but the difficulty lvl of it is wayyy down on the scale. I've seen people do them that have only ridden for like 2 months.

They also make for nice pictures, just trying to figure out the whole new slash craze.

thats the most inaccurate statement ive ever read on here and that says alot..

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
thats the most inaccurate statement ive ever read on here and that says alot..

Whatever, think what you want, but slashing and surf riding is wayyyy easier than throwing a huge backflip or barrel roll. You can argue all you want but its true. And considering there isnt much more to do in the surf, then yes the slash is on the easier side of the difficulty scale. I wasnt stating this to get in a pissing match because I do think that they make for cool pictures. But the wow factor for spectators definately isnt there. (unless your a rider).

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
Last edited:

stanton

High on jetskis.
But the wow factor for spectators definately isnt there. (unless your a rider).
bull!
YESTERDAY i was riding at a small beach and there wasnt alot of people there. my girl was taking pictures as usual. people were talking to her about us riding. a couple kids they said they "thought it was cool how we went into the waves and did a 180" they also commented on stabs and reentrys.
:Banane35:

Top Bottom