Matty J's 2015 WDK Carbon RIP

Ducky

Back in the game!
Bad ground cable itself but it did look ok... Only thing I didn't do was wire brush the Eyelet on the battery side of the cable but I didn't see an issue their..

Unrelated but I'll mention since we both are working on the same engine I did acid tone the paint off the case for the stator grounds and starter mounting pads.

Ok cool, thanks! I don't know if you had him paint but my motor is all stock oem finish

Ducky

Back in the game!
New custom @OCD Solutions battery cables ordered, and now im going to repaint the starter for fun in my down time to clean it up a bit, and I got the limitedslip tank out and the Kart Tank mocked up and looks like all my existing mounts will work perfectly with the cart tank.

Loving this hull! Rode a little bit today.....but having issues with either either my starter, ebox or bendix. Seperate post coming.

I've got the same issues with my BOT now... Starts... motor runs perfect... Try to restart... Click... Click... Click... NOTHING... Replaced ground wire... Same issue... Click... Click... Click... I've got a NEW OEM start / stop switch... Battery has full juice and not getting drained... Gonna mess with the relay and open up ebox to see if I have any loose wires... It could be a starter that might be going out... At times... She fires up normal... Then... Click... click... click... WTF... !!!

Ducky

Back in the game!
Customer Battery wires perfectly sized for the RIP are waiting for me at home thanks to @OCD Solutions !!! Thanks again man....always a pleasure doing business with you!

Hopefully I will be on the water this evening. Just need to install starter and ebox, and strap in my cart tank and I will (should...crossing fingers) be good to go!

Had to add a little extra green touch.

ZYmSf6M.jpg

I've got the same issues with my BOT now... Starts... motor runs perfect... Try to restart... Click... Click... Click... NOTHING... Replaced ground wire... Same issue... Click... Click... Click... I've got a NEW OEM start / stop switch... Battery has full juice and not getting drained... Gonna mess with the relay and open up ebox to see if I have any loose wires... It could be a starter that might be going out... At times... She fires up normal... Then... Click... click... click... WTF... !!!
You might have a dead spot in the armature on the starter, if your close to a good spot it will spin over. If it stops right on the bad spot, it won't and all you'll hear is the relay (click). I bet if there was a way to nudge it to spin when you get those clicks, you find out it would spin over after the slightest nudge. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have a dead spot in the armature on the starter, if your close to a good spot it will spin over. If it stops right on the bad spot, it won't and all you'll hear is the relay (click). I bet if there was a way to nudge it to spin when you get those clicks, you find out it would spin over after the slightest nudge. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered and OEM relay and going to start from there... Originally I did the multi-meter testing wrong... I do not have 12 volts running to starter while the green button is pressed... Got the red on the starter relay... Black to ground on motor... Hit green button... Not holding 12 volts... Jumps all over the place... Tested multiple times with same issues... Hope the relay works and I believe it will from what I am told from a few high end shops... They are almost certain 9 out of 10 that relay is shot... !!!

Ducky

Back in the game!
Installed the battery in its new position and installed my new to me OEM starter and the OCD battery cables. Motor spins sooooo hard now, its perfect. No crazy sounds or anything. Thank you very much to @OCD Solutions again for creating some of the highest quality parts you can get for our skis, and for working with me and custom building this set that fits perfectly!

And for those people thinking how ridiculously hard itll be to access the battery if it is dead....well, the other wires coming off the battery are for a battery tender harness that has a female plug right on top of the ebox. Thanks to @Wizards Powersports for giving me this idea over some beers!

vc3KFZW.png

5M4avya.png

2lick

Brap!!!
Hey Matt, loving your build clean ski! I'm putting my thrust trim on finally and wasn't sure how it went but remembered seeing pictures in your thread so thanks!

I got one secret to share with you in return... Go to ebay and search stainless barb U, Y, T, etc. There is even a T that bends to a U and keeps your cooling lines going in one direction... They use them in coke vending machines. It was a long time ago, but Frosty Freeze was who I think I bought them from. Now that I think of it I bought em for the carb lines too.

They look great and I have been running them for 8 years in a ski with no problems. You can even use oetiker clamps on the connections and then just have a worm drive at each end.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
I got one secret to share with you in return... Go to ebay and search stainless barb U, Y, T, etc. There is even a T that bends to a U and keeps your cooling lines going in one direction... They use them in coke vending machines. It was a long time ago, but Frosty Freeze was who I think I bought them from. Now that I think of it I bought em for the carb lines too.

They look great and I have been running them for 8 years in a ski with no problems. You can even use oetiker clamps on the connections and then just have a worm drive at each end.

^^ ^^
Can you send a pic of them installed.

Nice looking build, Matt.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Hey Matt, loving your build clean ski! I'm putting my thrust trim on finally and wasn't sure how it went but remembered seeing pictures in your thread so thanks!

Nice!!! I will look that up. I plan on redoing all the cooling line. When I ordered the cooling line, I thought I was getting the translucent blue stuff like what is connected to my flow control valve, but I got this heavier duty blue stuff which I dont like working with as much, and the colors just mess everything up for me lol.

Ducky

Back in the game!
Back in business! Fired right up, and seems super reliable now. Now its time to carb tune and pump tune, and clean up the nasty cooling line setup :D

3YxYJhF.png

Ducky

Back in the game!
Having some issues with my motor. I fouled the rear plug yesterday....it was really wet. The front cylinder plug looked pretty good, maybe even a little lean from what I have read.

Here are my specs:
819 5mil
Dual AM 44s
120 high - 1 turn out
117.5 low - 1 turn out
32psi pop off

I am running a kart tank with 1 pick up, "T"ed to feed both carbs, but I could go to dual pick ups easily.

Before it fouled it was running pretty good, but still felt rich all around. I made a couple adjustments, hopped on to head back out and I gave it some gas and it didnt sound right at all, so I took it back and saw the rear plug was fouled, but the front looked good.

Where should I start? Should I try to lean the rear carb out? Do a compression test?

Top Bottom