Matty J's 2015 WDK Carbon RIP

Ducky

Back in the game!
I figured out the problem (Well, at least part of the problem) after talking with a few people. I have a leaky needle seat in the rear carb. I started it right up first crank today, didnt notice anything leaking, but I turned it off after it warmed up and noticed a little dribble. I started it back up and it was dribbling and spitting a bit. So I will get some new carb parts and go from there. I also think I want to go with Aftermarket Flame arrestors. They are expensive for what they are but it gives me more access to make carb adjustments when necessary. But I will probably keep the stock FAs and add new needle seats and go from there. Thanks to yall for the help!

2lick

Brap!!!
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

Can you send a pic of them installed.
Nice looking build, Matt.

@CJ555 Little late, but here are the ones I went with. They are 6-7 years old.
20150608_180447.jpg

20150608_180511.jpg

Ducky

Back in the game!
@2lick those look nice! Ill try some out.

Got the carbs rebuilt today. Put in some new needles, seats and springs, and put the high jet back up to a 125. I love rebuilding carbs in the kitchen!

9EEURm0.png

These are the springs that came out of the carbs. The stretched spring was the one that was in the carb that was leaking. Not how I would have done it, but what do I know.

cOpAEug.png

Back to the water tomorrow. What else does this thing want to throw at me? :mad::confused:

@2lick those look nice! Ill try some out.

Got the carbs rebuilt today. Put in some new needles, seats and springs, and put the high jet back up to a 125. I love rebuilding carbs in the kitchen!

9EEURm0.png

These are the springs that came out of the carbs. The stretched spring was the one that was in the carb that was leaking. Not how I would have done it, but what do I know.

cOpAEug.png

Back to the water tomorrow. What else does this thing want to throw at me? :mad::confused:
Could just be a mismatched set, not necessarily a stretched spring...
Carb issues are always fun though!...

Its a mismatched set and a stretched spring. The stretched spring is a 65 gram spring, and the normal looking spring is a 95 gram spring.

Let's see some inverted pics, just post the ones before you flop, it looks better! (That's what I do) :)

Top Bottom