Blaster Maxing out my 701cc blaster *UPDATE* 57.4MPH!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
run all the water pressure to the stinger and you get more top end.the water dumping in closes the hole off and makes the pipe have a smaller stinger. more top end.

I set her up to run all of the water to stinger and I ended up loosing rpm. Topping out around 6400-6560 rpm now. I tried turning the H both in and out but it stayed the same. I did take a newer big arse couch in a race only to be blown away like I was holding still by a super charged sea-doo.

And honorable mention I did a sub on the blaster and when I went under it folded the visor on my helmet down into my face. Luckily my nose was there to stop it... Motha fuker that hurt... I had to take off the helment and yank on the visor to pull it back out of the face section..
1661258.jpg

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I dont wear a visor because if you fall off at high speed face down it could catch the water and snap your neck back, or at least thats my theory.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
The answer to all of my exhaust woe's

"Silicone hump hose wet exhaust couplers have a much higher temperature rating (up to 350° F) when compared to standard EDPM rubber fittings. The blue silicone rubber is also far more tolerant to exhaust misalignment, vibration and engine movement."

3cpYjH7.jpg

Also noticed it is the same type of coupler that RRP uses, so it must be good. :cool:

0004757_rrp-carbon-fiber-exhaust-kit.jpeg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I have to say after spending so much time working on this damn Rocket exhaust it has been a pleasure installing this smaller coffman pipe in the sj. :)

rFyySvd.jpg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
It allows the exhaust to move a lot more, which I am not sure is a good thing. I will run her on the hose this weekend and see how well it works before I test it at the lake.
gMLx2GX.jpg

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I think the rev is 7000 on that cdi. maybe your just too close to the limit. Cheap free mod is to bypass the rev with a solder. As you say these numbers are in the chop the highest rpm recorded should be alot higher. The rev limiter doesnt really let the motor rev to that exact number,it may be cutting out as the pump looses presure. Have you ever been able to do a test run on smooth water? Is the rpm the same?

Hooked up the hose on the trailer yesterday and the max she would rev to is: 7700rpm

Hump coupler looked good too. The engine did not shake near as bad as I have seen in the past. Also while I had the exhaust apart it was nice to see there was 0 carbon built up. With a light wipe of a rag i was able to remove all of the nastiness inside the pipe down to clean aluminum.

Glad to see your back on the water. Let me know when that coupler breaks and i can send you a piece of that black marine hose. HAHA

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Rode her hard all weekend getting big air (lots of 3ft+ rollers) and beating her hard in chop. So far the coupler is holding up. Fingers crossed it stays like that...

Was riding at 5500ft and had issues with her loading up after releasing the throttle and then taking a few seconds to clear out. Turned the jets on the carbs way down and it got a little better but not great. Best I could do up there was 6300 rpms.

Also can someone please explain why on the trailer she will only rev to 5800rpm and then it is like it is hitting the rev limiter and will not go any higher. But put her in the water and she hits 6k+ no problem.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Whats your rev limit set at? I found that tachs dont read too accurately once you hit the rev limit. If the motor is dropping pulses, the tach wont sense it so it may only be counting every 3rd revolution or so.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Whats your rev limit set at? I found that tachs dont read too accurately once you hit the rev limit. If the motor is dropping pulses, the tach wont sense it so it may only be counting every 3rd revolution or so.

Stock 61x CDI so I think the limiter is at 7100 or 7200.

Have four more hours on her and nothing has broken! YaY! Also picked up some footholds I need to turf and install. Other then that I cant seem to get her over 6500rpm. I am thinking because it is hot as hell out and there is less air. If that is the case is my only option to go up to a 46 or 48mm carb?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Picked up a Skat swirl C75 12/17. With that and the Extreme throttle footholds I am going to be pushing this Rocket pipe to its limits!

Also the hump coupler is still holding strong, and I haven't had any issues with the mounting bolts coming lose. =)

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
So blaster was running tits all summer, and now I have a leaky needle/seat or something wrong with the pop off. Light covering of fuel/oil around the hull coming out of the flame arrestor. She idles fine and goes from idle to full throttle fine, but mid range floods and wont go above 3500 rpms..
  • Took the carb apart and cleaned the piss out of every nook, cranny, and passage way.
  • Replaced the spring, needle, and seat (16-18ish psi)
  • Checked the torque on all the intake bolts

Going to slowly raise pop-off until she is right again.. So weird that all of a sudden the pop off is wrong...

Top Bottom