Blaster Maxing out my 701cc blaster *UPDATE* 57.4MPH!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
New cdi, new reeds, and new pop off. Ski ripped today! Been lucky to get 6300-6400rpms all season.. goal is 6680. Today I was running 6700-6730 with even more hit off the bottom.

Gps'd at 51.4mph

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Only thing I have left that I can do is lightening the flywheel and boring the exit nozzle and/or adding a stubby cone.

Is boring the exit nozzle a sure way to get more bottom end hit or am I taking a chance with making it worse?

Nozzle diameter is part off the pump tuning process. Getting the drivetrain to work at its peak. Getting the pump to compliment a given engines characteristics and rpm range. You may notice the motor hitting its torque curve sooner (I assume that's what you mean by low end) with a larger diameter nozzle but at what cost, if any? Could be all gain, ya don't know. In theory it should help "unload" the pump. Try it out, worst case change it back.

Last edited:
Should see a bit better bottom end if motor is loaded hard and not picking up quickly. I would speculate at a little loss top end, interested to see the results on GPS, keep us posted

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Right now I can't keep it in the water. If I race someone and grab the throttle it just jumps out of the water and I have to feather it to stay hooked up. Would it help with that?

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
@SVTPete83 was kind enough to trade me his old msd enhancer and I gained 1mph up top(GPS 52.5mph) and bottom end is even more impressive. Can really jump this thing out of the water. Next I will add a 46mm sbn I have on my bench..once I get the stripped screws out and can change the jetting...

Also the hump coupler is still holding up strong and the bolts on the pipe bracket are still tight. :)

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Forgot to mention that I lowered the pop-off back down to around 12psi. For some dang reason I am having to use the primer to get her started now... Going to change the low jet from a 130 to a 132.5 and see if that helps.

Good job on hitting 52+ on your blaster! That is flying!! I'll be happy to hit 45+ on mine! Too bad I have to wait until spring to try out all of my upgrades...:( All of the lakes around here are closed for the winter...

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Good job on hitting 52+ on your blaster! That is flying!! I'll be happy to hit 45+ on mine! Too bad I have to wait until spring to try out all of my upgrades...:( All of the lakes around here are closed for the winter...

They actually close the lakes?!

Yep they are trying to prevent quagga (zebra) mussels from getting into the lakes and rivers so they do boat inspections. They only do them in spring and summer so they don't allow boats or pwc on the water in the off season.

Yep they are trying to prevent quagga (zebra) mussels from getting into the lakes and rivers so they do boat inspections. They only do them in spring and summer so they don't allow boats or pwc on the water in the off season.
That's probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. That sucks for you man. Local government making our environment better every day!

Top Bottom