Blaster Maxing out my 701cc blaster *UPDATE* 57.4MPH!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Dual 38s? Where is your sense of adventure? Dual 49s or go home!

It is only 701cc! Plus carbs are expensive and fuel is expensive, and it is my wife's ski! ("The throttle is too touchy and it goes to fast") My winter freestyle blaster build will get dual 44's and maybe someday some 49's or 50's! =)

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Looks like the blaster is going into surgery... found an ever so slight leak on the rear crank seal. Good news is I found it before any damage occured.

Also does anyone have any tips, tricks and pictures for porting 61x cases? Or a cheap set of 62t cases and dual 38's they want to sell? :)

Lame. And cool at the same time! On mine i just ported the exhaust ports and polished em super smooth. I also ported out the intake side of it a bit. Not sure if that made much difference though.

Looks like the blaster is going into surgery... found an ever so slight leak on the rear crank seal. Good news is I found it before any damage occured.

Also does anyone have any tips, tricks and pictures for porting 61x cases? Or a cheap set of 62t cases and dual 38's they want to sell? :)
I have a set of cases. PM me

Got a good set of 38's with manifold, reeds, Flame arresters pm if interested

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Decided I have enough money into this dang thing plus it runs awesome, so keeping it 61x. Also whoever buys this engine/ski from me is not going to know how good they got it! Once the engine was stripped I cleaned all of the threads on the engine, the hull and on all of the bolts. You can now run every bolt all the way in and out with ease by hand. Also replaced every bolt that had any corrosion on it. :)

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
She starts and runs but I'll be damned if I can get her to idle for more then 10 seconds or start without priming first. Wondering if I need to lower pop-off or go with a bigger low jet. Low jet is already pretty big and the pop off is pretty low. =/

46mm
135L
170H
Pop off 14psi

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
She rode great in the surf! The heavy Coffman pipe even held up. Still had issues with the carb, but putting on 62t cases and dual 38's in the next week or so. =)

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Added a skat swirl Large hub 12/17 and ATP freestyle nozzle to the old girl last night. Cant wait to see how the new impeller compares to the Solas 14.5/18.

Next on the list:

62t/61x 754cc -Freestyle ported by CPT
Dual 38's Vortex flame arrestors
Factory mod bpipe 50mm bore
Protec head 175psi
lightened flywheel

Last edited:
Top Bottom