Super Jet My 1st Superjet

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Glad you got the parts in ok. You will probably need to heat up your stock impeller to remove it. Heat it up some, add penetrant, let cool, heat, repeat, then try removing.

"My carbs don't have H/L adjustment screws?? The place where they should be has a flat cover."

What yr model i believe yamaha started filling theme in with some kind of epoxy

In 2004, yamaha started installing shorter mixture screws and covering them with brass plugs hidden under the black paint. Thank you EPA for anti tamper carb screws!

You can carefully drill and remove them, then easiest to replace with new longer t-handle mixture screws.

Glad you got the parts in ok. You will probably need to heat up your stock impeller to remove it. Heat it up some, add penetrant, let cool, heat, repeat, then try removing.

"My carbs don't have H/L adjustment screws?? The place where they should be has a flat cover."

In 2004, yamaha started installing shorter mixture screws and covering them with brass plugs hidden under the black paint. Thank you EPA for anti tamper carb screws!

You can carefully drill and remove them, then easiest to replace with new longer t-handle mixture screws.

oh yeah brass plugs, my bad knew it was something

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
nice ski man should look into a bpipe!

Yes, looking for a pipe. Not sure the B-pipe is right for me. Screws are bit iffy. Wouldn't be a question if FPP made it right from the get go and used Helicoils. I'm thinking about maybe getting a dry pipe or something. I don't want to give up my smooth throttle control and my maintenance free ski. I know, the B-pipe doesn't have issues if you grease the threads every 6 months. Not interested in that.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!

Maybe I'll order those from you soon. I believe you carry colored cooling lines? I'm going to take care of the other parts and do the head later. I got the silver head because I plan to go to colored cooling lines. I'll get another order from you soon I hope. Will need jets, new screws and cooling line.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
My new ride plate arrived today. Super excited. Used from FearMyWrx. Looks like a very nice part. Can't wait to try it out.

DSC01732.jpg

I haven't had time to install any of my parts from Jetmaniac. I've been too busy to work on my ski, but not too busy to ride it. Going to try to get the prop on with this plate this week, and I think I have a friend hooking me up with a scoop intake grate. Other parts maybe in a few weeks. Want to see how these handling mods change things before I put on my head, retune my carbs, my reed spacer and my boysen reeds (did i not mention my bud gave me some boysen reeds and an intake spacer?) i think I also have a line up on a donated MSD ignition. This is going well!!!

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
The anti-tamper screws are just annoying. You have to drill them out, just be careful not to drill into the adjustment screws.

Great work on the hood, it looks good.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I didn't read the whole thread but what happened to the 8 hand hold layout you had? Was that just a thought? I think it would have looked cool on a stock hood.
Also you can use Teflon tape on headpipe screws to prevent corrosion between dis-similar metals.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I didn't read the whole thread but what happened to the 8 hand hold layout you had? Was that just a thought? I think it would have looked cool on a stock hood.
Also you can use Teflon tape on headpipe screws to prevent corrosion between dis-similar metals.

I ended up doing only 2 holds.

I'm keeping an eye out for a pipe. I bought several parts for my SJ and X2 so a bit thin atm. Installed some but haven't had a chance to update this thread. The others I am going to install after Daytona. I don't want to take apart my only running ski and have issues. It works perfect so I'm going to rock it stock for the free ride. (Just put on my ride plate, scoop intake and the prop).

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Bring your stock ride plate with you, you might like it better to have the rear more loose and the front more light. That's preference but I love a loose ski in surf

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Bring your stock ride plate with you, you might like it better to have the rear more loose and the front more light. That's preference but I love a loose ski in surf

Your Worx plate will be good for buoys... bring your stock plate for surf.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I was planning on bringing both. I had a good time in the surf last year at Daytona with my all stock set up, but have not enjoyed the westcoast surf with a stock boat. Too much chop, can't keep up any momentum. Daytona was great last year. I'll bring both. Let Lisa ride with the Works on thursday and switch them out for Friday.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
11-26-12

Skat 10/18 from Jet maniac and the Dominator ride plate were put in back in November.

The new dominator ride plate has been great for riding buoys with some of my friends. The extended ride plate has helped keep the nose down, increased top speed and hookup in the chop. The traction vent helped with keeping the back end in the water into the corners. The new prop cut down a lot on cavitation even with the stock intake grate. I couldn't do tail stands before, but now I can do them w/o problems. I also have improvement in the chop, with a lot less noise coming from the pump.

Prop from the Maniac next to my stocker. Look at how huge the difference is b/t the thickness of the blades.
DSC01746.jpg

My new Dominator next to my stocker.
DSC01750.jpg

Dominator looks nice!
DSC01751.jpg

Last edited:

BrightE's

Paul
The hood paint looks surprisingly good for only having two layers. My '04 RN hood is losing paint like I'm losing hair.

What kind of spray gun did you use?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
The hood paint looks surprisingly good for only having two layers. My '04 RN hood is losing paint like I'm losing hair.

What kind of spray gun did you use?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I bought a 2 pack if guns from Home Depot. They are gravity fed with a few accessories. One is a standard gun and the other is a hvlp gun. I used the hvlp gun.

The paint I used was cheap single stage paint that was $13 at the fiberglass store. I did not wax or clear it. It has since faded and scratched in places. I'm not surprised about the scratching after all the jumping onto my hood I have done. I should have cleared and waxed it but I was told it was 't suppose to be cleared.

It was my second try with a spray gun and my 1st with that gun. It laid down with very little orange peal so I accomplished th main thing I was after, a learning experience. Start with cheap paint. It doesn't go great the 1st few try's. also I was outside, so the humidity settled in it and dulled it before it dried.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
In December, my Buddy hooked me up with this scoop intake. It may not be the best, but it was free, so I was very happy. It helped improve my hookup.

DSC02020.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
On 12/22/12, Pete (AKA JetRace19) delivered my new Destroyers at the Pro-HydroX tours event at Tierra Verde's 10-cent beach. These will be installed after Daytona.

DSC02021.jpg

Top Bottom