My new R.E.V. ski from Waterdawg

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Idok said:
that stand in the first couple of pix looks like a hospital gurnee....

You are right on. I borrowed this from a friend. You can adjust it up and down to fit your trailer and the wheels are nice and big you can roll it through your yard. The only problem is that it takes up more room. But while you are building a ski you need something that can be moved easily. I think I will be looking for one so I can keep it. THere has to be alot of really old ones some where that can be had for cheap.
Dale

imo, those lines are harder than an xft hoodkit, and those handholds are terrible. As long as you like it, its the only thing that matters. Love the paint, not keen on the time period. Start brappin.

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
SuperJETT said:
What is up with the 'handhold'? Seems like you could catch body parts on it.

Overall I like the concept, but the lines are a bit busy for me. I like it better than the x-jet for sure though.

Oh yes the Hand holds. This is something Jeff added that I didn't think was going to be there. They are aluminum. Jeff said that I need to turf them. They are very sturdy and I can't move them at all. I don't think this boat will be a hood trick boat much. One thing the nice pait job. I think I will just be tryin my best to stay holding onto the bars. After listing to Tom and Jeff talk about the 66E motor set up and seeing SKYWALKER ride his, hand holds won't be used much.
I have not made up my mind on them yet.

F

Freestyleriverrat

I think Jeff's goal was a killer flatwater areal boat which is why he tried to make it look futuristic, kind of like a fighter jet. What is the weight of the wet laid boats?

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Freestyleriverrat said:
I think Jeff's goal was a killer flatwater areal boat which is why he tried to make it look futuristic, kind of like a fighter jet. What is the weight of the wet laid boats?

I think you are correct. He made a killer flatwater boat. I hope he can stop thinkering with his design and make this pay off for himself. I can't tell you how many hours he must have spent making this ski, it has to be in thousands of hours to do it all. He can't possible charge his customers the true cost to make them. That is why I say the people who are lucky to get one have something special. Why does Jeff do it then? I think part of his pay back comes from his customers who have big smiles on there faces as they show off what he has made for them. Jeff, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
F

Freestyleriverrat

You know, the more I look at the REV the more I think it looks like the old PJS LaserJet. Maybe it is just me.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
Hey Lakeman....Nice Boat! Everything about it looks "different". The lines look
like they were used to break up the flatter areas on the ski. Curves/lines vs. flat panels create stronger surfaces.Thinner skin = Lighter and stronger boat. The downfall to that is that it takes a long time to shape symmetrically. Good luck with it! Nice Pics.
BTW, While you were at the WD's shop, Did you happen to see a "FX-Pro" ski or mold for one laying around? That little picture on his website is stupid. I've looked around and have never seen any.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Freestyleriverrat said:
You know, the more I look at the REV the more I think it looks like the old PJS LaserJet. Maybe it is just me.

:biggthumpup: Exactly what I thought.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Flash-FX said:
BTW, While you were at the WD's shop, Did you happen to see a "FX-Pro" ski or mold for one laying around?

Lakeman didn't go to the shop, Superramjet did. Jeff has molds for the F1-Pro but he sold to original hull to a friend.

F

Freestyleriverrat

So will Jeff still make you an x-jet if you request one? Or is he just doing the REV?

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Here are some pic’s of the hood locking system that Jeff designed. After seeing it on Tom's ski, I think it will hold up well and keep the water out. The piece with the pins attaches to the hood. You put the hood on the ski and push the pins into the pole bracket. The whole thing is really sturdy and well designed.

Hopefully the rest of my parts will be here on Monday and I can start to put it togather. Thanks for all your positive comments.

Dale

Attachments

• DSCN0386.JPG
    DSCN0386.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0387.JPG
    DSCN0387.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Freestyleriverrat said:
So will Jeff still make you an x-jet if you request one? Or is he just doing the REV?

I don't see why not. He has the molds sitting there. It comes down to a matter of choice. I think both ski's are good looking on there own. The R.E.V. is just something new and different. It is kind of like cars, you keep changing things so people keep buying them. Jeff likes to keep improving his stuff because he is a perfectionist. Which for us is not a bad thing.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Lakeman said:
Here are some pic’s of the hood locking system that Jeff designed. After seeing it on Tom's ski, I think it will hold up well and keep the water out. The piece with the pins attaches to the hood. You put the hood on the ski and push the pins into the pole bracket. The whole thing is really sturdy and well designed.

Hopefully the rest of my parts will be here on Monday and I can start to put it togather. Thanks for all your positive comments.

Dale

Jeff's stuff is so awsome! No need for hood straps with lockingpins like that :biggthumpup:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Flash-FX said:
Hey Lakeman....Nice Boat! Everything about it looks "different". The lines look
like they were used to break up the flatter areas on the ski. Curves/lines vs. flat panels create stronger surfaces.Thinner skin = Lighter and stronger boat. The downfall to that is that it takes a long time to shape symmetrically. Good luck with it! Nice Pics.
BTW, While you were at the WD's shop, Did you happen to see a "FX-Pro" ski or mold for one laying around? That little picture on his website is stupid. I've looked around and have never seen any.

I didn't go on the trip to pick it up. But I know Jeff has the molds for the FX-Pro and for a reasonable price will make you one. Send Jeff an email asking for some pic's and at some point he will send them to you. Yes he really needs to update his web site. I talked to him about that a few weeks ago and he said that and a million other things. It is just not a priority at this point.

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Freestyleriverrat said:

Never heard of the PJS Laserjet. Can you post some pictures of one?

F

Freestyleriverrat

Here ya go

Attachments

• laserjet.jpg
    laserjet.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom