My new R.E.V. ski from Waterdawg

Jumper

What! What!
Lakeman got his xjet from Superramjet. But I agree that it would be impossible not to know what you would be getting into. I can only guess that he believed, or hoped that the relationship that Tom and Waterdawg have would help him with his transaction. Seems to have been a mistake. It's tough to watch it happen close up. Caveat emptor! Hang in there buddy. Do everything else that you can until your stuff finally comes.

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
You'd have to be living in a cave :smile:

It seems it's impossible to get anything out of him in the summer time, especially.

You should see my cave. I have running water and air conditioning and a cave woman.

He is a smooth talker when you talk to him on the phone. I just hope he can deliever my parts so I can complete my ski and have time to show it off before winter. I want' nothing but the best for WD, but I don't understand why he can't take care of customers one at a time. First come first serve is the way it should be. A ski with no pipe or gas tank is worthless if you have gp800 motor to put in it. How long does it take to weld togather a pipe and make a gas tank? I know the answer over a year. True answer is not very long. So why not make me one and send it to me? I can only think that he is making someone else stuff who has not paid him. People who have paid go to back of line.

Y

yamaslut

You should see my cave. I have running water and air conditioning and a cave woman.

He is a smooth talker when you talk to him on the phone. I just hope he can deliever my parts so I can complete my ski and have time to show it off before winter. I want' nothing but the best for WD, but I don't understand why he can't take care of customers one at a time. First come first serve is the way it should be. A ski with no pipe or gas tank is worthless if you have gp800 motor to put in it. How long does it take to weld togather a pipe and make a gas tank? I know the answer over a year. True answer is not very long. So why not make me one and send it to me? I can only think that he is making someone else stuff who has not paid him. People who have paid go to back of line.

seems like common sense.... too bad people don't use theirs

Jumper

What! What!
There must be someone on here that has an inside line to Jeff and could help Lakeman out. Come on, maybe he should have been wiser than to do business with Jeff, but as a community of riders it would sure be nice if we could help him get his stuff. Normally I would not get myself in the middle of something like this, but I have known Lakeman since Jr. High, and hate to see him having to deal with this. I would hate for anyone to have to deal with it. Anyway, if someone could call Jeff and try to prime the pump, maybe it would do some good. I think this board has the ability to exert quite a gravitational pull when it wants to.

Thanks!
Craig

F

Freestyleriverrat

I talked to Jeff a couple of weeks ago and he had just returned to the shop from doing work on anouther project that required him to travel. He should be back in the shop and continuing to crank out parts at a snails pace :biggthumpup:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account

This is like "deja vue" :bigeyes:

wow, i just found this thread. nice ski!

did you get the parts yet? i don't know what to tell you. (technically) jeff owes me a CF rideplate and CF chinpad from a year and a half ago but i pretty much let it go about 11 months ago. however, you can't get that pipe or gas tank anywhere else so i would be super pissed.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
wow, i just found this thread. nice ski!

did you get the parts yet? i don't know what to tell you. (technically) jeff owes me a CF rideplate and CF chinpad from a year and a half ago :bigeyes: but i pretty much let it go about 11 months ago. however, you can't get that pipe or gas tank anywhere else so i would be super pissed.

You guys crack me up (all 4 or 5 of you).

You make posts like these frequently---yet when someone points out the obvious disadvantages to buying Jeff's products you defend him as if he was family. :banghead:

I just don't "get it" I guess. :dunno:

Lame---just lame.

ummmmmmm you people that don't read and jump to conclusions crack me up. i stopped defending jeff's business practices long before i even got my hull. i don't really think anyone argues that he's slow and has poor CS. i only defend his worksmanship because it is top notch and has never had any legitimate complaints(pretty good considering there's like 10 or 15 of his so called "useless" hulls out there.) get it?

Last edited:
F

Freestyleriverrat

Hey Dale, do you have any pic of the motor you have been assembling?

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
For those of you following this drama, still no parts. I don’t know what to say, but through my arms up and say I give. You win. PLEASE PLEASE send me my parts. I am starting my 5 month since I paid for these parts. Each time I talk to Jeff he tills me he is going to mail them but he never does.

F

Freestyleriverrat

what motor set up have you decied to go to. Is you motor a standard gp800 or have you done a BB kit as well? What pump are you going to run? Is the ski ready to accept the motor and stuff?

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
Look what showed up yesterday on the front porch? The PIPE and GAS tank - SWEET. I am back in business now. To catch you back up to speed; I will be using the Yamaha 66E (GP800) motor. In order to use this motor you need to have Jeff make you his pipe, billet intakes, exhaust manifold, fiberglass gas tank. You can see the exhaust and intake manifold in the motor pictures. The pipe looks great. A lot of time and effort went into making it. The gas tank is a 6-gal tank and is very well built. (You supply the gas cap and gas filler neck and rubber seal.) The short rubber hose is used to attach the pipe to manifold. The long tube runs from the end of the pipe to the rear bulkhead and attaches to a PVC pipe.

In order to get optimal performance out of the motor; he recommends a water injection system. I purchased a complete Micro Touch system from eBay for cheap this last summer. I replaced the stock electrical power valves with after market gas power valves. I replaced the stock head with an R& D head. I will be using Novi 48mm carburetors. Other than these four changes, the motor is stock. Now if you want to get crazy with the horsepower, you need to talk to Jeff about the various big bore motor modifications he is working with. I am always amazed at the amount of knowledge he has on these Yamaha motors. I am very convinced that he knows what he is talking about when he talks motors. If you want to find out more about big bore motors see Superamjet’s post. He is using one with great results. I am using the stock electrical system for now. When the budget allows, I would like to up grade to a TL system. (looking for a TL flywheel for GP800 motor)

Attachments

• DSCN0414.jpg
    DSCN0414.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN0412.jpg
    DSCN0412.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0421.jpg
    DSCN0421.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0417.jpg
    DSCN0417.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0420.jpg
    DSCN0420.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Lakeman

Stand Up All The Way
some more pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0419.jpg
    DSCN0419.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN0411.jpg
    DSCN0411.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN0416.jpg
    DSCN0416.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 69
F

Freestyleriverrat

Good deal, what is the ETA for hitting the water?

F

Freestyleriverrat

I am anxious to hear how a stock 800 motor runs in a stand up.

Top Bottom