my sxr freeride boat

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
in theory that sounds fine
In practice i have found it changes them all over the place at different rpm
it makes you wonder if thatit was as easy as 5 degrees then they would have advanced the magnets 5 degrees to fix the issue themselves

Wax, let me ask you then, I have a 650 Jetnetics I just got for my 750 small pin project. Should I install it advanced about 3mm at the stator mark, then get it running and put a timing lite on it? Or is there a sure fire way to get it right. I have the one they talk about with the steel center hub. Jeff PS, I do have a dial indicator.

Last edited:
man you guys have to stop making expensive suggestions like aluminum flywheels. DJ it doesnt help that you keep telling me how lightening my stocker only does half of what an aluminum does, that just eggs me on to go out and buy a lighter one, not cause i have the money but, because i know i wont be getting all my ski can, because i really dont feel like doing everything half assed. thanks for helping me to go broke guys haha. i am looking at the jetinetics right now anyone know if they are any good? RAD are to much green for my taste. i wish i was an ijsba member i could get 10% off their retail, bummer. they are like 200 bucks cheaper then RAD . anyone know the weight of a RAD charging???

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Put an ad up on pwctoday and on here saying you are looking for one. I got mine from a racer who was switching to stock class. :cool2:

good plan, i just talked to the guy from jetinetics and he said they do not advance the timing. so if i end up buying new it will be like 380. but i will definetly watch for one used. i dont wanna post on pwc today cause i am keepin it a secret from my friends, cant tell them all my tricks. i am just gonna say yeah i dont feel like lightening my flywheel cause it may make it undependable, but in reality there will hopefully be aluminum in there, so they will ride it and be like dude what did you do. i will go "uhh yeah i uhh i advanced my timing more and added some better exhaust bearings."

yeah thats what i was implying haha, i got a few factors i will be dealing with, the 46's, milled head, porting, and ecwi are gonna be fun to tune together for the first time. my first couple weeks on the water ought to be a good time......not.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
yeah thats what i was implying haha, i got a few factors i will be dealing with, the 46's, milled head, porting, and ecwi are gonna be fun to tune together for the first time. my first couple weeks on the water ought to be a good time......not.
when you go to tune, pull the fuse on the ECWI, you do not want to tune with it one.

hey how'd the waterbox thing go?

its actually getting welded up right now as we speak. but bad news i forgot to take pics before i gave it to the guy to fix it:banghead: but i talked to a guy on PWCtoday about it and he walked me through how to do it, pretty simple i can explain it later. but i wont know how it works till nest year.

oh yeah i also got a free UMI pole to use on my ski so thats a nice added bonus.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
its actually getting welded up right now as we speak. but bad news i forgot to take pics before i gave it to the guy to fix it:banghead: but i talked to a guy on PWCtoday about it and he walked me through how to do it, pretty simple i can explain it later. but i wont know how it works till nest year.

oh yeah i also got a free UMI pole to use on my ski so thats a nice added bonus.

How the heck did you get a free pole? I want one :frown:

SXR-FOREVER

Finally Flippin

You think you dropped any weight? I'm thinking to just go with a inline silencer..

nah i dropped barely any weight maybe an ounce, if your doing for weight do the inline silencer cause the way i wa showed to do it saves you barely any weight. i got a free pole cause my friend broke a UMI pole and they gave him a free one and he got to keep his old one, so he gave it to me cause i have done alot of work for him. good score i gotta say considering its brand new haha, now i just gotta score a sterring setup for it.

Top Bottom