New Ready to Run LSP S1 Hull

way2manyhobbies2keep

https://www.ebay.com/usr/way2manyhobbies2keep?_trk
This is all great news, hell of a starting point, jetskis are already repair and upgrade as needed. This gets you a lot closer than the krash, but I still appreciate them for the effort and proof of concept.

And sbt is keeping this sport accessible, I appreciate them and WSM even if their products are hit and miss.

I know someone was working on some 62t based cast cases but didn't really have the demand to make it worth it. But this, totally worthwhile.

I'm curious to see every component. It's certainly fun to speculate about it all.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Really? Wow.
Why not , PMC did it years ago right before they went belly up , there were some weird things going on such as the stock bore size was .75 oversize from the stock Seadoo bores, I am not sure if the Yamaha engines they made followed suit or not , I never laid hands on one to see.

I do still have some of their 720 Seadoo cases and cylinders here somewhere , I installed two both died in short order , of course this may be why they went belly up , no one really knows .

I am sure SBT's business has declined drastically in the past few years since four strokes took over the market , demand for two stroke parts is not what it used to be that's for sure.

From what I have seen and have been following they have been expanding into other avenues to make money such as buying out Hydroturf and opening 4XPRO ATV,UTV and golf cart parts division , it seems like a weird move but SBT got it's start selling reman axles for FWD cars , 'they also bought out New York Crankshaft many years back , which was WSM's supplier for their reman engines, in direct competition with SBT , same deal with Hyrdoturf and SBT's Blacktip line of products..

Apparently WSM-New York Crankshaft signed a non compete clause because after many years WSM is selling reman crankshafts again as well as top end exchange kits , funny thing , they won't take in SBT cylinders as cores for the cylinder swap kits lol , I haven't asked but most likely they won't take SBT reman cranks in as cores either.

I will say this I installed a lot of engines from WSM- New York crankshaft and I never had one boomerang on me like the SBT engines I installed did.

As someone who has been following this quite closely this move does not really surprise me that much.

Last edited:

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I am sure SBT's business has declined drastically in the past few years since four strokes took over the market , demand for two stroke parts is not what it used to be that's for sure.
You may be a bit out of touch with the market. Sbt makes many parts for 4 strokes and reman 4 strokes and also completely new 4 stroke motors with no core required.
They are doing just fine. Title sponsor of Daytona and World Finals.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
You may be a bit out of touch with the market. Sbt makes many parts for 4 strokes and reman 4 strokes and also completely new 4 stroke motors with no core required.
They are doing just fine. Title sponsor of Daytona and World Finals.
I realize they make four stroke engines and parts including new cylinder heads and new engines , I repair Seadoos and Waverunners here daily so I am not as out of touch as you might think.

Now if you want to argue this point go right ahead , but the four stroke market is a drop in the bucket compared to the sheer number of used two stroke machines still floating around out there plus the simple fact that a replacement engine for a four stroke is $2500.00 plus there are a lot of them not being repaired when they break .

The same can be said for the two strokes as the cost of repairs exceeds the worth of the ski.

It does warm my heart to hear that SBT is doing so well though , I might go toast some Marshmallows and drink some hot cocoa.

Last edited:
Most of my engines cost more than the entire ski would sell for. If my thinking was like the average consumer then I would have been forced out of the hobby 20 years ago. Like 95% of all jetski owners have!

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
How much is a bare hull?
The carbon one cost me about 12.5k by the time it got to my door.

I love the new ski. The running gear looks like a good package that could go into any hull. It opens the door for more models long term.

It will be interesting to see what average riders can do with them. Flipping might be a tall task for someone who doesn’t have the technique down. I took a severe beating for a few weeks before I could get them around consistently. And I’m still sketchy at best. Thats with a 1100 and most of the good parts.

Last edited:

onlyFX-1

Jace Forest...BRAP!
Im excited, awesome to see a legit rtr freestyle ski come to market to help people actually get into the hobby/sport.
It’s been 7 years since I’ve had a freestyle ski and after having a kid there was no way for me to afford one until now. I can’t freaking wait to get on one and shred again!

The440Dude

I'm broke
Ive been in the sport for 8 years. Started while in college so money was always stretched. Always wanted to get into a freestyle hull. I finally got the budget where I could consider investing into a used setup but been dragging my feet on it. Glad I did. Put my deposit down!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
will anyone be able to purchase this engine and other components from sbt or will this be exclusively for LSP
I spoke with Lee for awhile about it yesterday. That was one of my questions too. He said anything New or improved that is a stock direct replacement type of part will be available eventually throught sbt. Anything performance type part like new cdi and flywheel, prop, etc. will be sold through lsp.

Sounds like he and sbt are ‘all in‘ on this project, and more to come from it.

Top Bottom