SX/SXi/SXi Pro New Sxi Pro Owner

^ Yep thats about it haha like was said previous put bolts in bags and label em ( I even tape em to the part just in case), then put labeled tape on each line and where they connect and it will be an easy removal/re install..good luck, keep the pics comin!

Ok in pretty deep now ! :bigeyes:

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

Hull is nasty ---!!! Good call on removing it cleaning around the motor would have done nothing !

DSC00084.jpg

When being anal pays off !

DSC00082.jpg

Cleaning to to do tomorrow

DSC00092.jpg

OK here is where I need your expertise - The coupler does not spin the prop freely - seems to hit a high spot. The motor while cranking seemed to turn it fine.

What is it the prop? wear ring ?

Thanks again guys for all the advice ! :dance:

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
Could be a number of things:

could be a "swollen" pump liner.
could be the driveshaft carrier assembly seized up.

pull the driveshaft out, remove the intake grate/ steering nozzle, and reach in there and see if u can spin the prop by hand.. if it spins freely, then the issue is most likely the bearings on the driveshaft carried (that black square thing mounted to the bulkhead that the driveshaft goes though) if it doesn't spin nicely, look at the prop, any big gouges? if u can convince a friend to help you, have them shine a flashlight through the intake grate area and u can look from the rear pump area and see where its rubbing...

Could be a number of things:

could be a "swollen" pump liner.
could be the driveshaft carrier assembly seized up.

pull the driveshaft out, remove the intake grate/ steering nozzle, and reach in there and see if u can spin the prop by hand.. if it spins freely, then the issue is most likely the bearings on the driveshaft carried (that black square thing mounted to the bulkhead that the driveshaft goes though) if it doesn't spin nicely, look at the prop, any big gouges? if u can convince a friend to help you, have them shine a flashlight through the intake grate area and u can look from the rear pump area and see where its rubbing...

Seems to be the prop hitting . the drive shaft bearing looks to spin smoothly

Check out this video

http://s457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/serottas2k/?action=view&current=9b3dc0a2.mp4

More progress

New to me mounts

DSC00095.jpg

Way better then the ones I had

DSC00097.jpg

Pulled the carbs off for cleaning

DSC00099.jpg

Took the engine bed off for sanding and painting

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Also getting this from a friend who's shop had ordered it by mistake

Screenshot2011-12-20at73837AM.png

^ Looks like your doin everything right so far, you will be happy you did all the cleaning for sure! Although its already been said, if you think you might paint the engine bay next year you may as well do it now while everything is apart and cleaned so you dont have to do everything twice... Also like 98sxipro said I would pull the driveshaft/intake grate to see if the impeller spins freely.. good luck!

^ Looks like your doin everything right so far, you will be happy you did all the cleaning for sure! Although its already been said, if you think you might paint the engine bay next year you may as well do it now while everything is apart and cleaned so you dont have to do everything twice... Also like 98sxipro said I would pull the driveshaft/intake grate to see if the impeller spins freely.. good luck!

Thanks ! That will be my next task to pull the pump -

Also is it recommended to remove and block off the water drain valve?

Here was the process I went through on the exact same ski:

883337.jpg

7579600_orig.jpg

1660415_orig.jpg

I re-painted the hood to finally get rid of the remaining purple. Came out pretty good.
1323380799.jpg

After a grey molded turf-job, here's where I stand.
1965385.jpg

795347.jpg

List of mods:
Ported small pin 750 engine
Limited Pipe
46mm Mikuni Carb
Carbon Tao-Ceti Flame Arrestor
R&D Intake Manifold
R&D HP Exhaust Manifold
TDR Water Box
Jet Dynamics Intake Grate
R&D Pro Series Ride Plate
Rule Bilge Kit
Primer Kit
Blowsion zero-degree Handle Bars & Quick Steer Kit
Black Bow Eye Bushings - Front & Rear
ODI Rogue 130mm Grips

Mods planned before spring:
Skat-trak 12/17 Swirl Prop
V-Force 3 Reeds and R&D Angled Reed Spacer

My Wishlist:
-2 Star Bar Handlepole
High Performance Head w/ 26cc Domes (choose one)

• ADA Girdled Head
  • Kommander Head
  • R&D Pro Series Head with Girdle Kit
Piston Kit

• Wiseco WK1062
Jetinetics Charging Flywheel
MSD Ignition Enhancer
Ride Plate - Worx D-cut
R&D Aquavein Intake Grate
Ultra Lightweight Driveshaft (Standard Length)
Skat-trak 12-Vein Magnum Pump

I was lucky to have alot of the mods/work completed when I purchased the ski. However, after riding a 93 750SX for seven years this SXi Pro is on a whole nother level and much more rewarding for an experienced rider.

Have fun & keep us posted on the project. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
My advice would be to NOT MOD, paint , turf or spend any $ on the hull. Make motor mods, RRP pole and so forth and eventually purchase an aftermarket hull that accepts Kawi drive train. A BOB or a Q8 if you can afford it.
Light, small hull with this drive train (adding a PIPE) would be awesome and every dime you spend modding the OEM hull will be mute. This drive train in a BOB would feel like you dropped a 1000cc in your pro hull.

I cannot wait to find a great deal on a modded 750 or 800cc kawi to do just this with it.

Diggy, nice looking ski so far. I like your wishlist but offer some advise. Tubbie 2's should be very high on that list and the works d cut plate sucked when I bought one. I sold it after a 5 minute ride. I love the R&D extended plate or my d cut stocker.

Ok started to pull the pump tonight -

One of the ride plate bolts snapped - any tricks to get it out ? Tried vise grips - no luck

Also the top left nut cert was spinning and will not get tight - is there a fix for this ?

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

Top Bottom