SX/SXi/SXi Pro New Sxi Pro Owner

I would try to put some penetrating oil on it tonight then tomorrow try the visegrips again. I know you can buy a little kit that you drill a small hole in to your broken bolt then you use this opposite spin screw bit kind of thing and it pulls it right out.

Could be a number of things:

could be a "swollen" pump liner.
could be the driveshaft carrier assembly seized up.

pull the driveshaft out, remove the intake grate/ steering nozzle, and reach in there and see if u can spin the prop by hand.. if it spins freely, then the issue is most likely the bearings on the driveshaft carried (that black square thing mounted to the bulkhead that the driveshaft goes though) if it doesn't spin nicely, look at the prop, any big gouges? if u can convince a friend to help you, have them shine a flashlight through the intake grate area and u can look from the rear pump area and see where its rubbing...

Pulled the pump - prop does not spin freely - even less without the driveshaft

DSC00110.jpg

I would try to put some penetrating oil on it tonight then tomorrow try the visegrips again. I know you can buy a little kit that you drill a small hole in to your broken bolt then you use this opposite spin screw bit kind of thing and it pulls it right out.

Put some PB blaster on it -

DSC00108.jpg

Is there an alternative if I cant get this out ??

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
u can purchase an EZ-Out..its a drill bit that u use in reverse.and it grabs onto a stripped head. but since u snapped the head off, i would try and use a dremel with a cutting wheel. cut a deep enough groove so that u can use a slotted screwdriver to remove it. it might help if u tap the screwdriver a could times with a hammer while ur trying to twist it to remove it...

EZ-OUT that is what I was trying to explain! At your last resort buy on of those. it worked great when snapped a head off the bolt when I was rebuilding my small block chevy in my truck.

Merry Christmas Updates on my progress

With the Hull flipped over we could clearly see the stainless bolt was cross threaded into the brass fitting. The easy out actually broke !! We then drilled it out and re-threaded the nut cert. Picked up a new bolt and all is well. Was thinking about using some 3M 5200 around the nut certs as I think they are developing some play??

e6cc6be1.jpg

A little out of order - but pulled the hand pole

85ea0e67.jpg

f563f3f6.jpg

Pulled and cleaned the disgusting bilge strainer -

6068c2f0.jpg

It was super nasty underneath

e7ccb663.jpg

My new TDR waterbox arrived

9176b412.jpg

b1c808f3.jpg

Starting to pull all the trim and pads -

f24b9bb7.jpg

2bca6eb9.jpg

Question ????

I am going to order the non foothold hydro turf kit.

What do you do about the existing storage and fire extinguisher holes? I can I reuse them ?

^ nice progress so far! I am also ordering the same non foothold kit from HT, what I am going to do is shave the little bit that isnt flush with the hull then fill the storage/extinguisher holes with two part foam, then glass over them.. dont know if thats what other people do or not but thats what im planning! haha Good luck!

Looking good. You two should both really consider foot holds, Its not a big deal to put them in but youll kick yourself later if you dont do it. They help even if your not doing barrel rolls or flips. Nothing sucks worse then getting good air off a wave and watching the ski fall out from under you, except for landing on it lol.

I think footholds may be above my skill level - wrenching and riding

Picked up a donor pump for free - need to swap the props

aa90da34.jpg

Getting closer to removing the old tray mat - what a PITA !!!!

07561f45.jpg

Any tips ? for this and the old side decals - they have been coming off a half inch at a time.

Took a break today to work on my friends 89 Jetmate - we have had it for thee weeks and swapped a 750 into it and totally redid all the cooling, fuel and wiring.

a43c0159.jpg

98f396ba.jpg

Sweet jet mate, always wanted to ride in one!

Foot holds are no problem, Just cut your tray and foam to fit the holds then glass them in and cover them with turf. Piece of cake! You will thank your self later.

I dont think footholds would be that hard, like Austin said there are many threads on how to install them but personally I dont think my 750sxi needs them, Im thinking of just putting in a single Dakine footstrap since I dont plan on any freestyle with it, I just dont want to leave the tray when I get air...when I re-do the turf on my superjet that will be getting footholds but not my SXI.. again just my opinion on it...keep up the good work!

Hey Brick, for those decals use a heatgun or hairdrier on them suckers. Then just slowly remove them. Any other way is a real P-I-T-A.

For the foot holds, Like others said there is threads on it and even a youtube vid if you need the visual for confidence. I did mine in one evening. A tip, after you cut out what you need to as far as foam and fiberglass. Set the holds in and predrill several holes and use aluminum rivets to secure them then put on a nice layer of glass to seal them off. chisel off the end caps and stand the ski on its nose to pour in expanding foam to fill the voids around the back of the holds and then I put two layers of glass on the back of the rails to seal off the old cap area. I have pics of my install if you want them. Blowision sells everything you need to do it quickly and neatly. I went easy and bought stiched pockets so I didnt have to turf them.
As for the decals, use a heat gun and they will peal of eventually. Get some 3M adhesive remover from a autoparts or autobody supply shop to get the glue off. Same with the bottom matt. I used a sharpened puddy knife and heat gun to scrape off the foam and then the 3M stuff to get the rest of the glue off. thats the worst part of the whole process. If you dont do holds now youll be doing it next winter and starting over :)

Thanks for all the tips guys !

I do think the footholds will be later in my stand up career. I bought this stand up keeping a small time and money budget in mind. I took the 13k couch plunge last year and sometimes wish I started a little smaller.

The tray mat is almost off , using a heat gun blades and adhesive remover. The decals are a real PITA only half an inch at a time. Has anyone tried one of these ?

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ECIE20S4K7000000_nid=BZVN4V5PK4beRJ5GMFSMV0gl

This little tool is amazing to say the least - took me about 1 hour to do a whole side

If I had a better drill would been even faster; I highly recommend it

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

Top Bottom