SX/SXi/SXi Pro New Sxi Pro Owner

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
I went with Dakine foot straps instead of the footholds. I like them and they keep me attached to the ski well. Obviously foothold are the better, more professional route but I had considered the cost, labor, time, cutting up my virgin hull and the potensial of water logging my boat lead me to the straps. Plus, the torpedo storage tubes are extremely useful to me; fire extinguisher, tow rope, water bottle, food, money, sun block and a few tools, etc. Maybe foothold are in my future but as of right now I'm quite satisfied with the straps. I used the below corn nut/wash assembly and epoxy. They hold well. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

IMG_0357.jpgIMG_0350.jpgIMG_0352.jpgIMG_0353.jpg

Last edited:
Nice progress, I feel like everytime I check your thread it motivates me to keep working on my 750! haha I am at about the same point as you, I foamed/fiberglass reinforced the hull at its known weak points and just painted the bottom white, both handlepoles and brackets are painted flat black along with the hood...so the only thing left to do for me is finish fine sanding and painting my hull then assembly :) I just picked up some x-lace dakine footstraps for it also, when are you painting yours and what color are you going with? Keep the pics coming, we both will have a nice ski just in time for summer!!

Great Thread! I also just picked up a 98 SXI PRO last week. It is bone stock and runs perfect, i plan of doing cometic work only.

Also BRIK SXI i love you mythos beer avator picture.

After a long work week glad my Saturday is free. Managed to get a little further today thanks to the unseasonable weather !

The hood originally saw the wrong side of dock or was used as a cat claw scratching pad :pancake:

DSC00034_2.jpg

After sanding, filling, sanding and more sanding..... Still needs a follow up coat of primer

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

The storage holes after foaming, glassing , filling and sanding. Put a quick coat of primer on to see where more sanding attention is needed

Not bad for something that is going to be covered by turf.

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

Haha your storage covers look waaaaay better than mine...mine are solid as hell but dont look that pretty! haha nice progress on the hood, check out my thread on pwctoday I just painted my ski :)

Still Here - Did a little more filling on the nose a underside the other day .

da93990a.jpg

Spent a little time on the couch mods too

IMG_1411.jpg

Nice, is that a SSQV on there? I had those on my TT 300zx. Loved messing with people with them. Id love to hear that on a ski.

Yes, its a HKS valve. Comes as a kit from Riva . Trying to bump up my hp this year on the FZR too . Added the Riva intake, flame arrestor delete, Blow off, Riva water box, R Rated free flow, R&D grate and Ride plate.

Is it summer yet > :)

Nice, is that a SSQV on there? I had those on my TT 300zx. Loved messing with people with them. Id love to hear that on a ski.

Yes, its a HKS valve. Comes as a kit from Riva cant wait to hear it on the water !!!!. Trying to bump up my hp this year on the FZR too . Added the Riva intake, flame arrestor delete, Blow off, Riva water box, R Rated free flow, R&D grate and Ride plate.

Is it summer yet > :)

sweet, My ultra is the freak year 1999. It reads 72 on flat water but I've never had a gps on it to see how far off the factory speedo is. I know they can read crazy off sometimes.

Trimmed the foam but too cold for fiberglass today

DSC00164.jpg

Did some more sanding today

DSC00161.jpg

Swapped the SXi prop into the donor jet pump

Scrubbed all the salt water deposits off the housing and pump vein

DSC00166.jpg

Reassembled and ready to go

DSC00167.jpg
It might be the pic but it looks like your pump wedge is installed incorrectly. It should be trimmed up or down not side to side.

It might be the pic but it looks like your pump wedge is installed incorrectly. It should be trimmed up or down not side to side.

I see what you are saying ! Good catch one side is thinner than the other

Which way should the thick side be facing ?

They are meant to be installed with the thick edge at the top for trim down, I run mine upside down for trim up. I would leave it thick side up to help keep the nose down till you get used to it.

Top Bottom