New to X-h20 and skis in general....

ger87410

How did I get here?
My mechanic has 2 750sx. He tried selling me one for $1500.

All I know is about every time I saw him at the lake last year, he had to work on 1 or the other.

I haven't had to do anything at all to my vanilla 650 superjet.

well yeah i gotta learn how to ride one before i can start trying to do tricks. i guess ima save up for a super jet a SN and possibly get a 750sx as well so i can have some one else come out with me too! What makes the SJ superior though?

they handle better, are lighter, accelerate better, more stable, more aftermarket parts. almost everything about a superjet is "better" but if you havent ridden a stand-up you wouldnt even know. my point about the kawi was they are cheaper and easier to find. and if your learning i wouldnt not buy a kawi cuz somone on a internet forum told you not to. all that being said, id never trade my sj for ANY kawi!!!!!

bottom line, if you come accross a nice deal on a 750sx or sxi, buy it!
if you come accross a nice deal on a yamaha then ALL THE BETTER!!!

either way you'll be out on the water!

Honestly if you don't know you will like this then a super jet is just as big of a waste of money as a Kawi can be. Its personal preference. I feel my 750sx is too fast for me right now, but maybe its just unstable.

I don't know...I've never ridden both, but all I can say is when you start adding after market parts, the more you add the less money you'll get back. (i'm saying that you can buy an aftermarket all hopped up SJ just about the same price a stock clean one can go for so the mods didn't help the value)

My Kawi has been reliable to me. Other than the crank key. lol

Last edited:
well yeah i gotta learn how to ride one before i can start trying to do tricks. i guess ima save up for a super jet a SN and possibly get a 750sx as well so i can have some one else come out with me too! What makes the SJ superior though?

If your into cars it's like a chevy 350 or ford 302. bore to stroke combo makes good power for its size. everyone makes parts and bolt on power for them at a good price

kawasaki is also a good ski.

Most people buy a first ski and just say they are going to ride it.. once they start they get the "bug" and try to make power. It's kinda like the drug crack :naughty:eek:nce you start there is no turning back... The parts are much more avaliable and cheaper for the yamaha based motor..

the 305 is like a yamaha 650
the 267 if you remember that on is like a stock kawasaki 650 :grumble:

^ Haha! so true:smoker:

I know this is obviously a forum more based towards the SJ, but do you think this is more of a biased opinion because more people on this board own a SJ, or is it truly better? I mean, we're comparing apples to apples. They are both ski's. They do the same function. Its like whether abortion is right or wrong...its a never ending topic and people get their panties in a bunch.

Don't get into this hobby to save money or because you think its cheap. I'm sure there are people here that have spent many thousands and thousands of dollars on their ski's...going from one to another, painting it every year, etc....

Bottom line, you're going to do what you're going to do. Its YOUR ski. I definitely wouldn't live my life letting everyone tell me what is better or not. I would like to find out myself. No one has to agree with me. I'm sure someone will want to argue. lol:swordfight:

Last edited:

ger87410

How did I get here?
They handle completely different IMO.

I love my 550, but that's because it was my first ski. Given a choice between my racing 550 and my SJ, I'll take my SJ. I like the way that it feels, even if it seems to be more slippery.

grezzmky

Suckin paint fumes

I know this is obviously a forum more based towards the SJ, but do you think this is more of a biased opinion because more people on this board own a SJ, or is it truly better? I mean, we're comparing apples to apples. They are both ski's. They do the same function. Its like whether abortion is right or wrong...its a never ending topic and people get their panties in a bunch.

Don't get into this hobby to save money or because you think its cheap. I'm sure there are people here that have spent many thousands and thousands of dollars on their ski's...going from one to another, painting it every year, etc....

Bottom line, you're going to do what you're going to do. Its YOUR ski. I definitely wouldn't live my life letting everyone tell me what is better or not. I would like to find out myself. No one has to agree with me. I'm sure someone will want to argue. lol:swordfight:

Its not apples to apples. The SJ is FAR superior I learned on a 650sx and 750sx I totaly modded them. I have like $15,000 in a stupid 650sx that I NEVER EVEN RODE when I finished it because I rode an SJ and bought it the week b4 I finished the 650sx. It sits in my moms basement now.... And the cat is the only one who has ever ridden it!

showimage.aspx

showimage.aspx

Last edited:

chriselmore_1

high on resin
a while back i switched my old sn 650 that was piped proped w a head and cdi, w/ a guy w/ a 96 750 with the same mods and more for a ride on the lake. i saw his 750 on craigslist that night.......

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Its not apples to apples. The SJ is FAR superior I learned on a 650sx and 750sx I totaly modded them. I have like $15,000 in a stupid 650sx that I NEVER EVEN RODE when I finished it because I rode an SJ and bought it the week b4 I finished the 650sx. It sits in my moms basement now.... And the cat is the only one who has ever ridden it!

showimage.aspx

showimage.aspx

Would you post your receipts for the 15k 650sx build?

he asked us our opinion... You think there is some kind of conspiracy here??? ha ha

we as a group have spent thousands and are trying to pass on info that will prevent him from making the same mistakes we have by pointing him in the right direction... telling him to buy a kawi that he will eventually lose money on and sell cause it sucks is really stupid advice.

...and this site is pro Super Jet for a reason... Go find me a pro SXI Pro website... There are none.. what does that tell you??

It's just common sense... he he

he asked us our opinion... You think there is some kind of conspiracy here??? ha ha

we as a group have spent thousands and are trying to pass on info that will prevent him from making the same mistakes we have by pointing him in the right direction... telling him to buy a kawi that he will eventually lose money on and sell cause it sucks is really stupid advice.

...and this site is pro Super Jet for a reason... Go find me a pro SXI Pro website... There are none.. what does that tell you??

It's just common sense... he he

Yeah but what i'm saying is maybe a Kawi is good enough for him. Not everyone has to be extreme like you and do flips and what not. Maybe he just wants to cruise around a lake?:beerchug:

Top Bottom