New to X-h20 and skis in general....

R

ridethelip

he asked us our opinion... You think there is some kind of conspiracy here??? ha ha

we as a group have spent thousands and are trying to pass on info that will prevent him from making the same mistakes we have by pointing him in the right direction... telling him to buy a kawi that he will eventually lose money on and sell cause it sucks is really stupid advice.

...and this site is pro Super Jet for a reason... Go find me a pro SXI Pro website... There are none.. what does that tell you??

It's just common sense... he he
Here you go 500 bucks worth of common sense.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/boa/1587450129.html

dam!!! and i have no money!! :):):):)! well see thats the thing im gunna learn then try to get into doing tricks and stuff like that. if i could get a kawai to ride on then buy an sj once i figure out how to ride really good and keep the kawi for friends to use. i really would like to have two one being my personal ski and one as backup/ loaner i can let my bro or dad or friends use. but trust me i will be looking for an sj since it seems to be a more popular ski and why buy something else when they cost about the same.

550klunker

kickin it old school
to tell you the truth, i have 2 kawis in my garage right now and they have been nothing but headache. which is why i spent my whole tax return to build a nice SJ. i guess if you do like i did and go with the cheapest, you can probably get a decent 650sx, but you can never resell them for what you have in them, which is why i still have mine. honestly i would start with the SJ. because their resale value is a lot better than the older model kawis.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
I know this is obviously a forum more based towards the SJ, but do you think this is more of a biased opinion because more people on this board own a SJ, or is it truly better?

There is a reason this forum is more based towards the SJ and that is because most of the people here aren't newbs. They've tried many different set-ups and skis and the SJ is just hands-down superior for anything but racing. I started out on kawis. They are great starter skis. IMHO if you can get one for a few hundy, it's better than not skiing at all. Not something one should put lots of mods or money into though.

The only people you'll find saying that Kawis are better are people who don't own a running SJ.... aka people with A LOT of money into their Kawis. They aren't trying to fool you... just themselves.:bigok:

Speleopower

got a Superjet
There is a reason most of the older Kawi's are so inexpensive. They can't be sold easily.

I went through what your going through a couple years ago when I bought my first ski.

I am so glad I listened to everyone and picked up a Superjet.

Last fall I rode and older Kawi and oh my gosh it was a pile of poop. Super hard to ride. The guy who bought it wanted a cheap ski to get started with. He rode my Superjet for a bit and he has been trying to sell the Kawi ever since.

-Scott

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
In all honesty, given the choice between my old SXIPro and a 650 SJ, I'd take the Kawi any day of the week if we are talking stock versus stock.

Bash all you want, but the 650 SN in stock form is a turd. If that had been my first stand up, I probably wouldn't own a stand up now.

750 Kawis have plenty of power, carve nice, have respectable top end speed, are easy to work on and in my experience are very reliable. I've had 3 skis with Kawi 750 engines and they were all bulletproof.

Sure I ride a modded RN now and love it, but it doesn't make me blind to the fact that I had a hell of a lot of fun on my old Pro. And I made some nice money when I sold it.

Fishy27

NICE TEETH!!!
lets call this advice from the fish: hhhmm, well i learned to ride on a b1, if you are looking for something more along the lines of a sitdown, this is an awesome ski, but takes alot alot alot of balance...then tried an sxi 750, awesome ski..then rode the sxr 800, great beginner ski but also has the power if your looking for speed and cornering...then built the custom 550..loved that thing..sold it, now miss it!! but was told, if you can ride a 550 you can ride anything...next thing i know our 07 superjet appeared!! My favorite ski ever!! my opinion, get a kawi 550 with a pjs, westcoast, some type of high end fast engine to help pull your weight around...ride it for a season, then get a superjet!! cause if you can ride a 550 you can ride anything!! and a 550 you can pick up cheap i sold mine for a g!! and it was a 50mph 550!!

Top Bottom