Super Jet Newbs first ski build. 90 SN

I did the same as bruceski for removing the hood liner. Careful with the grinder I went through the hood on a few spots. It is a pain and took me a while to get it out. Just be patient and it should be alright. I also cut my hood down before I removed the liner which helped a lot being able to pry and chisel from the top. for color I am thinking black and white in some kind of design with a little fluorescent yellow in places. Thanks for the comments everyone ill keep posting as I go along.
On another note my versiplug max still hasnt showed up after 2 weeks which ticks me off, I want to start getting ready to lay the tray but cant till it comes in so I can get the right size tube.

nice build, been really wanting to do most these mods to my '91 this winter break. hey austin, guess what i bought!! guess what i bought!! An '04 kx125!! $400 and an engine rebuild later and she'll be ripping! saddly I probably won't get to ride it till maybe next summer... :(

Thanks it has been a learning process but I have some friends with experience helping me as I go. Today I got the tube for the versiplug in, trim tube in, and exhaust tube in. I used 5200 to seal and hold them all in place. Then, on the outside I will use glass and resin for the versiplug tube and exhaust. Haven't decided if I will use eglass or some resin with chopped strand fibers on the tubes. I also got whats left of the bob foothold buckets epoxied in place today. I got pix I will post them all tomorrow when I get done working on it

hey lawnmaster, how much you think you'll have spent on materials by the time your done with all your hull mods? mainly just asking about like epoxy and glass and such?

I would say around $200 in materials. I still have plenty of stuff left but i may go through it and have to order more. You can get away with spending less but I ordered things like microballoons and chopped fibers to test out in different spots. I would say I could have gotten away with spending about $150. It is hard to tell right now on what the total cost will be. This is also before paint, that will add to my cost as well as I may redo the gelcoat on the bottom

Last edited:
Here is some progress from the weekend. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but today the 5200 was still real tacky so I couldn't do much.

1349594438205_zps6242fb51.jpg

1349653967783_zps57774429.jpg

1349594435065_zps77b022ce.jpg

1349594438205_zps6242fb51.jpg

'kotajoe

Do Good Crew!!!!!!
Lookin good sir, im sure that :):):):) eating grin you always have when riding your ski will be twice as big next year haha

No, it gets to hard for grinding.
U better use some Gfk Filler with 1/3 normal Filler. U can grind it easy, and it will be stronger then microballons.

MFg

Here is some progress from this week.

Here is how thick it is on the end I glassed
2012-10-10_12-10-14_973_zps829227d8.jpg

Tubes trimmed and drain plugs fitted
2012-10-12_11-01-57_197_zpsd6e19b9b.jpg

Versiplug
2012-10-12_11-04-21_68_zpsb1105af1.jpg

Hey more supplies
2012-10-11_23-48-54_351_zps86e6c13f.jpg

Rideplate trimmed down
2012-10-09_13-00-22_975_zpsc4948014.jpg

Foam all fitted. Time for 2 part
2012-10-12_12-26-09_66_zps8c596f3e.jpg

I did the same thing with my foam...I ended up getting foam in my drain area....I just took a long long drill bit and drilled it out as far as i could so it might still drain. Just a heads up.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
wow, looking real good. The rear end looks great! When you go to reinforce the engine bay don't over reinforce, it will make the ski heavy, which is bad for flatwater freestyle.

Thanks. Bruceski how is the wrist?
I am worried about reinforcing the engine bay and how much weight it will add. I may decide not to reinforce but I will wait and see what weight I am at when I get the nose done.
lol Stormd I might actually be willing to work on another ski if I didn't still have so much more to do on mine. What new job did you find?

Top Bottom