Observations from Daytona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
My observations:
99.9% of you guys out there ride better than I can ever aspire to.
A guy named "Reed" with a nice ski is a cool guy and saved my skin when my ski was acting up.
I need a 4x4 and a beach cart.
I will be back in 2008 and will be better prepared for the rigors of surf riding.

I was only there for one day, but I had a blast. Next time I'll be getting a room.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
My observations:
A guy named "Reed" with a nice ski is a cool guy and saved my skin when my ski was acting up.
I will be back in 2008 and will be better prepared for the rigors of surf riding.

I was only there for one day, but I had a blast. Next time I'll be getting a room.
you should go over there with one of the day trips we make. hell, you should ride with us in the gulf!

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
My observations:

Paging Mr WaHoo.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
you should go over there with one of the day trips we make. hell, you should ride with us in the gulf!

That'd be awesome, man. PM me when you plan on a trip and I'll try to go. I am always out there in the Gulf at the Causeway, hopefully if the weather looks better I'll be out there this Sunday!

WAB

salty nuts
I realized I need to get used to riding in less than 6ft of water if I want to be in more than 1 pic. :cat37: I stay out in the deep stuff too much.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I realized I need to get used to riding in less than 6ft of water if I want to be in more than 1 pic. :cat37: I stay out in the deep stuff too much.

yup, shore break and inside break is where it's at. I need to ride more than 3 times in 3 days. :biggthumpup:

Things I Know

I Know:

We attracted way more riders than ever anticipated

250 Plus skis in really rough surf and no real problems

Everyone I met was really cool even the west coast guys

It looked like we took over the beach for miles

The event started early (Thursday) and ended late (Monday)

On Monday after the people mostly left there wasnt as much as a blade of grass out of place

I worked my ass off all weekend taking pictures but got to ride some glassy waves on Monday morning

The younger generation has a saying used often that sometimes really irritates me " Its all good"

To describe this event in four words "It Was All Good "

The Old Local Guy

That was the most of fun of my life.

The place was even starting to look spotless Sunday night. I left at 6am Monday and I was amazed at how clean it already was.

wildman326

Who else?
My observations:

Blowing a tire on the way to Daytona is much more fun than blowing one on the way back to Kansas.

It's much easier to rotate all the way around on a BR (or over rotate) in the surf than on flatwater.

Raffles always take a long time but are still worth it.

Meeting people when you are wasted and having them remind you that you already met isn't that bad (for me).

Stock coils and electrics rule in the surf.

Daytona Beach is way better than Galviston, but not quite as fun as Mexico.

Experimental motors sure do require a lot of wrenching (but you can do a backflip on only one cylinder).

Nick is a trooper.

Traveling in an RV for 27 hours straight to Daytona is way better than traveling in an extended cab truck for 27 hours to Mexico.

Freeriders are an awesome bunch of people.

I need to hit the surf more than twice a year.

I really enjoyed meeting and re-meeting many of you for the first time face to face.

I can't wait to hit the next ride, be it Galviston, Lanier or where ever.

Moondance

Just plain me....
My observations:

Blowing a tire on the way to Daytona is much more fun than blowing one on the way back to Kansas.

I really enjoyed meeting and re-meeting many of you for the first time face to face.

I can't wait to hit the next ride, be it Galviston, Lanier or where ever.
a second blow out:bigeyes:

someone needs to invest in something other than maypops:biggthumpup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom