Other Ok. What should I do?? my wife.......

yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Maybe it's just me but if my mother was killed today while riding a motorcycle, I would find solace that she died doing something she loved. If I ever found out that my mother gave up her dreams and lived at home in fear of leaving us kids alone, I would live the rest of my life in shame and guilt. When a parent reaches out and embraces something they love, think of the example they set for us. Now consider how selfish it is to deny them it because it may incovenience us.

Needless to say, I was raised in a house where dreams were encouraged and life was lived by example. We were taught to respect life and each other.

pretty clear this discussion is over, no sense in throwing more gas on the wild fire.

She's getting the bike, or BigRed Z is sleeping on the couch. At least that's the vibe i'm getting from her :)

I'm jealous, as i said before I miss my bike dearly and would have one again if i could afford it. AND i have a kid, not that I'm ignoring her presence but having a kid makes you ride a bike that much safer, while still being able to enjoy it.

wooo hoo one less cager on the streets

Yes she's getting the bike, and yes I slept on the couch!

Waternut

Customizing addict
NEED a motorcycle? Who actually needs one? Who needs any kind of fun toy?

Also, by your rationale, she shouldn't drive a car....or ride a jet ski...or swim in the ocean...or cross a busy street...or downhill ski. Those all have killed people. She should just stay in the house...wouldn't want her to be selfish and have any fun. :261: Where do I find the approved "mother of 3 kids" fun list of things to do. Does it include cooking, knitting sweaters and taking pictures of everyone else? Everyone knows that once you have kids, you have zero interest in the things you did before you had kids. :thinking:

Whether this is your wife or not, I agree 100%. Why is everyone so F-ing worried about every little thing that has or could happen if the wind blows southeast on a warm day in spring when the big dipper is visible at a 40° inclination and your mother in law is in town?? Sheeesh!! You guys will get out in the surf when a storm is coming and ride an overpowered jetski in unpredictable waters that many also believe could have sharks, jellyfish, or various other hazardous marine life but you're worried about what may happen if this guys wife gets on a bike that she's obviously experienced with and gets hit by a car. This BS drives me through the roof!!!

Take a risk, have some fun, enjoy life, and if something happens then you can say you loved life to the fullest. OR....you could put on your 100spf sunblock to walk to the mailbox, get delivery for dinner because driving todays streets is risky, play scrabble, and otherwise eliminate all risk in life to point where you are completely miserable!

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Or.... What IF she doesn't DIE .... And has a great (responsible) time doing what she loves? :) I promise you, I'm no squid. My kids are #1 without a doubt.

Those who fear life also fear those who don't fear life. :)

This truly has been entertaining, guys. By the way, him sleeping on the couch last night was a choice, not a punishment! LOL I look forward to meeting some of you at an event sometime.....(maybe I'll even let you ride bitch). J/K

~The Wife.[/FONT]

I ride almost every day and have been riding for about 8 years now.

I personally would rather my wife(if I had one) pick a different hobby than riding motorcycles IF we had kids. Bikes are dangerous and serious injury is more likely to happen on one. I am not the type to tell someone to not do something though...if you want to do something then do it. However I would make sure you also have good insurance and a last will made up(its never too early to have one).

I have went to three friends funerals in the last 5 years and they were all motorcycle accidents. Hasn't stopped me from riding but it has stopped me from riding stupid.

Whatever you do, gear up and never lose respect for your bike. Dress for the ride, not the weather.

Or.... What IF she doesn't DIE .... And has a great (responsible) time doing what she loves? :) I promise you, I'm no squid. My kids are #1 without a doubt.

This truly has been entertaining, guys. By the way, him sleeping on the couch last night was a choice, not a punishment! LOL I look forward to meeting some of you at an event sometime.....(maybe I'll even let you ride bitch). J/K

~The Wife.

Too bad MI is no where near CA.
congrats on your bike. enjoy it for all of us that lack the will or ability to have one of our own.

Or.... What IF she doesn't DIE .... And has a great (responsible) time doing what she loves? :) I promise you, I'm no squid. My kids are #1 without a doubt.

~The Wife.

i say go for it and enjoy life!,those who dwell on the what if's all the time,are just missing out on everything life has to offer,Sometimes i think to much and worry about a close friend who enjoys motorcycles(street/dirt), skydiving/base jumping, downhill biking and jet skiing etc. yes, she has got hurt and its not a good feeling, but it's what she loves... we only have so much time to use our bodies before they dont work as good any more..i say use it while u can.. :) (quick vid of her to get u excited for your new bike,congrats!)

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a few things wrong with the bike video if you're trying to endorse motorcycles.
1. improper gear. wearing jeans... not the most protective when you go sliding across the pavement.
2. dodging cars when finishing with the onramp. hit that paint wrong or some loose stuff, and you slide right into or right in front of those cars.
3. making the streets a race track. this is why motorcyclists get into issues because they are treating normal city streets as a closed course track. NOT SAFE or SMART
4. only right turns. bike tires aren't cheap. roughly 300 + a set. wearing out only the right side.. pretty stupid.

moral:
if you want to have a racetrack experience GO TO A RACE TRACK. there are plenty around and they all offer open track days. plenty of organizations that host events.

my wortless batch of $.02

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
On their wedding night, a new bride throws a pair of her jeans to her husband, and says "put 'em on". He's somewhat shocked, and points out that he's bigger, and there's no way he's going to get in her jeans. She replies:" I wear the pants around here, and you'll remember that if you ever what to get into mime again".

there's a few things wrong with the bike video if you're trying to endorse motorcycles.
1. improper gear. wearing jeans... not the most protective when you go sliding across the pavement.
2. dodging cars when finishing with the onramp. hit that paint wrong or some loose stuff, and you slide right into or right in front of those cars.
3. making the streets a race track. this is why motorcyclists get into issues because they are treating normal city streets as a closed course track. NOT SAFE or SMART
4. only right turns. bike tires aren't cheap. roughly 300 + a set. wearing out only the right side.. pretty stupid.

moral:
if you want to have a racetrack experience GO TO A RACE TRACK. there are plenty around and they all offer open track days. plenty of organizations that host events.

my wortless batch of $.02

I appreciate and respect your opinion,The video wasnt really intended to endorse motorcycles, just to show his wife(bigred) another female rider having common interest and enjoying one of the things she loves doing, and not worrying about all the "what if's" and fears.

Other than ALL the other PROPER gear being worn,i'll agree jeans are prob not the best for sliding on the pavement. (she has tested them in a 140+ mph slide on pavement)

I dont believe that vid depicts using the street as a racetrack,i dont approve of the people who ride recklessly,split lanes at 100+,in and out of cars etc. there is a time and place for things...either on the racetrack or some local twisties,done with respect and responsibility it can be somewhat safe... not sure if u ride or not, but if you told me you never ripped a known good off ramp/turn etc. id be very suprised. we have done track days and they are alot of fun,and in the begining educational, when your new to aggressive sport riding.

as far as the tires, that was a tuesday... we do left turns on thursdays.... ;)

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Maybe it's just me but if my mother was killed today while riding a motorcycle, I would find solace that she died doing something she loved. If I ever found out that my mother gave up her dreams and lived at home in fear of leaving us kids alone, I would live the rest of my life in shame and guilt. When a parent reaches out and embraces something they love, think of the example they set for us. Now consider how selfish it is to deny them it because it may incovenience us.

Needless to say, I was raised in a house where dreams were encouraged and life was lived by example. We were taught to respect life and each other.

Easy for you to say that. You are an adult. Would you feel the same if you were 10 years old? Answer honestly.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Easy for you to say that. You are an adult. Would you feel the same if you were 10 years old? Answer honestly.

Exactly! Yes! Thats what my thoughts are. I really dont care what you all do, if you lay your bike down, hit a wall going a buck 40, or even decide to put the barrell of a hand gun in your mouth tonight. I would be sad to hear it, and I hope it doesnt happen, but I will get up tomorrow and live my life the same as I did today. Now do you think your child would feel the same? Sure alot of things could happen to us anytime, but the risk is much different in each scenario. You cant compare riding skis to motorcycles, thats just retarded. Thats like comparing taking a jog through a nice suburban neighborhood at 6pm to taking a jog through the hood at 2 am. They are completely different and im sure you wouldnt go for the jog through the hood. Just sayin.

Offroadie

Living the dream.
Thats like comparing taking a jog through a nice suburban neighborhood at 6pm to taking a jog through the hood at 2 am. They are completely different and im sure you wouldnt go for the jog through the hood. Just sayin.

I might. (I don't have any kids though)

Look kids.

Big Ben

Parliament.

I really don't know what else can be said following that video. Really? Just circling on-ramps?

Scorn800

Ride for life
I say buy whatever bike she wants, than buy what you want.
My wife rides sleds and jetski's and I have no problem buying wantever machine, gear, extras she wants no matter the price.
What I hate buying is those 5 hundo hand bags which she nevers seems to have enough of

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions

Ask me at 10, ask me at 20, ask me again at 30 and every year thereafter till I am dead. Of course my answer will change as I grow up mature and understand what life is really about.

Ask me how I feel about the 13 friends I have buried, Ask me about the g/f I held in my arms as she took her last breathe. I have lived, I have loved and I have lost but one thing I have never done is let my fears control me or my decisions. Temper yes, control no.

A life lived in fear is a life not lived.

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Ask me at 10, ask me at 20, ask me again at 30 and every year thereafter till I am dead. Of course my answer will change as I grow up mature and understand what life is really about.

Ask me how I feel about the 13 friends I have buried, Ask me about the g/f I held in my arms as she took her last breathe. I have lived, I have loved and I have lost but one thing I have never done is let my fears control me or my decisions. Temper yes, control no.

My point is the kids are 10 11 and 12 not all grown up. Ahhh....never mind. I'm out before I really share my true thoughts on this deal.

Top Bottom