Other Ok. What should I do?? my wife.......

yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • no

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
My point is the kids are 10 11 and 12 not all grown up. Ahhh....never mind. I'm out before I really share my true thoughts on this deal.

LOL, you are of course allowed youre opinion and to live your life as you see fit. This does not mean others have to abide by or share your views. While we may not always understand why others do what they do, we should still respect their choices and support them.

Kids are a product of their parents. I know kids that would be devastated for life at the loss of a parent, regardless of their age. I also assure you that those same parents are not entertaining the idea of a motorcycle either. There is a clear correlation between the two. This is where my comments come in about living by example.

If you are raised by a mother that used to ride a motorcycle, I am willing to bet that the children were raised with a certain amount of exposure to adventure and risk and an openness to try new things. More risk means more exposure to things that need to be dealt with called "life experiences". They are also far more likely to understand that risk comes with adventure and therefore accept the results easier.

A parent that has fear will impose and teach that fear to their children. They will do everything in their power to insulate them from anything that could possibly ever hurt them. The end result is usually a child that has very little coping skills that will struggle with many of life's harsh realities.

There is no greater experience than life itself and no greater disservice a parent can perform than to shield a child from it. A parents job is to prepare their child for life, not protect them from it.

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I say get one. IMO, most bikers that get hurt were doing something stupid, and that is what we hear about. Ride smart, pay attention, have life insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
I think we're just beating a dead horse here, the decision has been made, and thats fine. We all have our own beliefs and priorities. And sorry if my last post was a bit harsh, that was the tequila talking, lol.

LOL, you are of course allowed youre opinion and to live your life as you see fit. This does not mean others have to abide by or share your views. While we may not always understand why others do what they do, we should still respect their choices and support them.

Kids are a product of their parents. I know kids that would be devastated for life at the loss of a parent, regardless of their age. I also assure you that those same parents are not entertaining the idea of a motorcycle either. There is a clear correlation between the two. This is where my comments come in about living by example.

If you are raised by a mother that used to ride a motorcycle, I am willing to bet that the children were raised with a certain amount of exposure to adventure and risk and an openness to try new things. More risk means more exposure to things that need to be dealt with called "life experiences". They are also far more likely to understand that risk comes with adventure and therefore accept the results easier.

A parent that has fear will impose and teach that fear to their children. They will do everything in their power to insulate them from anything that could possibly ever hurt them. The end result is usually a child that has very little coping skills that will struggle with many of life's harsh realities.

There is no greater experience than life itself and no greater disservice a parent can perform than to shield a child from it. A parents job is to prepare their child for life, not protect them from it.

This is probably the most thought out statement I have ever read. Jen and I rode for many years together. The reason I sold my bike was personal and a result of a very foolish action I made and realized afterwards how devistatling it would have been if something happened while I was doing it. My kids at the time were only 4,5 and 6. When it came to my bike i was an extremly wrecklace rider with ZERO selfcontrol. My wife on the other hand was a much more responsible rider and frowned on my style of riding. She was never a track day girl and always aware of what she was doing. All three of our kids have been riding quads and dirtbikes since they were three years old and have been taught the proper control and to always be aware of there surroundings. They wear full moto gear when they want to play hard and are very careful when just tooling around. I think the my fear of her having another bike is more my problem the. Hers because I know if I ride the bike i will again be very foolish. All and all I would like her to have the same recreational happiness that I enjoy with net sling. I just also hope she is as safe as she has been

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore

I agree with many of your points. I do not fear life, nor do my kids. My daughter participates in one of the most dangerous sports in the country and plays THE most dangerous position. My son for 2 years had one of the most dangerous/risky jobs on the planet. Were we, as parents, thrilled at these ideas? Honestly, Hell No. But both kids loved to do these things, they had the proper training and conditioning, and wore the proper safety equipment. So we did not stop them from pursuing these interests.

It's just as a parent, it is my job and number one priority to be here for my kids, so I have taken some of the risk out of my own life to be sure I see them through to adulthood. I still ride skis with my kids, we snowboard together, mountain bike, etc etc. But I wouldn't go free climbing or ice climbing at this point in my life. I will again in a few years though. I traded those 2 in for cyclocross and snowshoeing. A little more tame, yes, but I enjoy them tremendously nonetheless.

I have been run over and died in a motorcycle accident. Bro find her another hobby.

When you ride on the street it is not if, it is when.

Please think about how much you and your kids love your wife and their Mom.

If you get her another bike make it for track riding only.

Top Bottom