300/440/550 Pics of my 550SX Rebuild Footholds,Versiplug, Complete Refoam.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update

Fixed my computer so i can upload pictures again:arms:

Pic 1
So I started to remove all brackets spiters and extras to prep for future paint prepping. I prepped for prepping :dunce:

Pic 2
This is how i believe i came to see the ski after we had layed the glass a week before. to wrap over the edges that may have cracked over extended use. (No I am not covering the fire extinguisher as you will see soon.)

Pic 3
This is John the owner of Performance Fiberglass who has been helping me mostly by keeping my Fibernewb self from doing the finish grind work that he is professional at and myself who would take layers off in certain areas :hitwithrock:

Pic 4
Smoothing and rounding it all out

Pic 5
John Grinding the glass out of the fire extinguisher hole while he was doing his detail grinding around my footholds. found and grinded down a few resin stalagmites on the tops of my footholds :scared:

Attachments

• img091.jpg
    img091.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 237
  • img093.jpg
    img093.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 268
  • img095.jpg
    img095.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 259
  • img096.jpg
    img096.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 245
  • img089.jpg
    img089.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 199

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update 2/5

Pic 1 & 2

This is my Hood after i de- Turfed it

Pic 3
This is my Hood after i Finished with acetone

Pic 4
John did this while i was gone. He said he had some dead time I assume he had some extra filler after working on a customers ski or boat. But I'm not complaining, this is the side he just laid down so we can sand it down and make everything straight in the end.
Pic 5
This is the other side that he Grinded. Its looking good i keep getting more and more excited:bananajump:

Attachments

• img098.jpg
    img098.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 160
  • img099.jpg
    img099.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 161
  • img100.jpg
    img100.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 184
  • img101.jpg
    img101.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 189
  • img104.jpg
    img104.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 184

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update 3/5

Pic 1-2
This is my final clean up of the remaining turf on the side rails.
I also finished removing all stickers, the two brackets, and spitter

Pic 3
John told me I might as well redo my hood gasket as much as i LOVED the OEM one i had that was juuuuust fine. But I want to do it right so i removed most of hit here

Pic 4
and finished it here

Attachments

• img103.jpg
    img103.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 119
  • img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 134
  • img106.jpg
    img106.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 132
  • img102.jpg
    img102.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 138

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update 4/5

Pic 1-3
After removing the handlepole bracket and nose brackets I noticed and pointed out some stress cracks in a few areas. I shrugged them off as paint cracks because I assumed he had reinforced it when i sent it in during my last season.
Turns out he didn't get in those specific areas :ugh:

No worries, Because now I took the grinder and grinded the hell out of the stress cracks to prep for some fresh glass inside and out. Problem now fixed and i feel even better knowing it is and will be good. :beerchug:

Pic 4

I got jiggy with the paper and scotch tape and prepped to lay down the new glass.

Glass was layed and is now set i forgot to take more pics. Will grind as soon as I can get back into the shop to work on it.

Attachments

• img108.jpg
    img108.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 139
  • img109.jpg
    img109.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 147
  • img110.jpg
    img110.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 154
  • img115.jpg
    img115.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 162

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update 5/5 Paint

Pic 1-2
These are pictures of Royal Flush's ski paint scheme that I really liked.

So after 6-8 total hours of photoshoping I came up with these two I am in between.

Pic 3
All black handlepole and black bracket

OR

Pic 4
Same silver body paint on handlepole with black bracket

(I will have this as a blank template soon and will post it in the 550 section)

So thats it for now i have monday off but i have Wrestling practice in the morning so i should be able to get a little bit done.

My crank is getting rebuilt now 1.5mm over Pistons are in. Cylinder and crank case will be bored soon.

Let me know which paint scheme you like best!

Until the next time
Thanks
-Mark

Attachments

• picture_001_116.jpg
    picture_001_116.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Golf Cart 005.jpg
    Golf Cart 005.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 145
  • LightgrayandLightblue.jpg
    LightgrayandLightblue.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 153
  • LightgrayandLightbluegreyhp.jpg
    LightgrayandLightbluegreyhp.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 132

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Thanks guys I'm kinda leaning towards the black also the other one makes the ski look too light.

Besides If I am able to do a few modifications I've been brainstorming correctly, there might be a nice surprise in regards to the handlepole situation... :sneaky:

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
Mark: gimme ideas, ideas, ideas... I will be starting the same process as you in a couple of weeks. I will need as much info on hull as possible. Pics look GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
How the hell did you get the hood gasket off?

one scraper and almost chizzle out the old hood gasket while you lift the end that your scraping off straight up and keep it all relatively moist with acetone.
Then i came through with a smaller detail scraper and got the big stuff off. Last I came through with a rag and acetone to rub off any little bits and to clean up the glue.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Mark: gimme ideas, ideas, ideas... I will be starting the same process as you in a couple of weeks. I will need as much info on hull as possible. Pics look GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Andrew I do have pictures of how i reinforced the nose area and I will show you as soon as i can upload them wont be for a while but I'll do my best.
My question is, when are we going to see some pictures of your ski or any work?

Polish jet pilot

Currently I am ordering parts from the US. I need to import them to Europe. In between I will start stripping down the hull, and my mechanic will do the porting and the crank. Later on I will reinforce the hull, installl footholds and footstraps, and front tubbies, which I got from surfjetlouie. Then paint the hull white, add some funky graphics (vinyl) and turf it nad so on. Just need to get all the parts...... otherwise I will be stuck on some stupid thing. I still have like 3 months till even thinking about riding.

Polish jet pilot

:trink26::trink26:Forgot to add that I really want to make a trim kit for this ski... I think it will be interesting how this thing rides with it...

In the meatime we are upgarding my buddy's RXP... just to kill some time and think about the summer to come..... :trink26:

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Thanks yep I'm 80% there i Just need to get the money situation settled but working with a friend for a possible sponsorship being a highschool student not working full time trying to support a passion for riding that isnt cheap.

But I've got my game plan worked out, Pismo Is a must happen for me.

Polish jet pilot

Thesentoys cost a sh%^n load of money. Of course most of the price of e.g. a cerrtain part is marketing and high margin... less the R&D.... it's incredible to see that a full pro ski is 30k... or even more?

Great to hear that you got the tubbies I bet the ski will handle like dream... just tell us where you wanna install them...

Top Bottom