300/440/550 Pics of my 550SX Rebuild Footholds,Versiplug, Complete Refoam.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
I dont have firsthand experience with Jetworks control valve, I always make my own, but unless they have some tricky little do dad in theres, its just a popoff device. Yes it natrually restricts flow due to design itself, it cant flow as easy as a single 3/8" line... But thats not the point.

The point is to add a bypass in front of it so not all the water is directed straight to your valve, instead diverting alot away, otherwise all your doing is stopping flow to the exhaust at Idle, then dumping a lot when the valve pops off. You have to lower the pop off of the valve to about 2-4 psi, and then play with the restrictor that you put into the bypass, I personally used a doubled sided brass barb fitting that had something like a 3 or 4 mm opening. Just make sure to test the thing before you really use it, making sure that the valve opens up around 3k rpms or something around there.

Yep thats pretty much what the flow control valve does. I have it adjusted to where it allows water through at 3500 Rpms but its to my stinger i think you might be talking about my head pipe line am i correct?

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
from the headpipe outlet -> JW valve -> stinger

Thats what it looks like you have. Instead you should have

Headpipe outlet -> Bypass to pisser with restrictor -> JW valve -> Stinger

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
ACE Hardware my man.

Brass%20T%20three%20eigths.jpg

gemiller

h2o addiction
most wicked 550 action shots I have ever seen my man, kudos. looks sickening!

now my question is simple compared toat fox's high tech stuff, did you just epoxy that bilge on its side? or how did you mount it? lol!

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Super glued the 3/4 90 degree pvc fitting onto it and zip tied a little screen filter to it. then glued some 1/4 inch foam to the back of it. We then drilled a few holes in the battery box base so we could loop two zip ties that grabbed the boot locking loop on the bilge pump.

Foximus
Oh nooooow i see what you meant but now my last question i think is where do you run that tiny line on the T. or do you just block it off?

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
Wicked! And those action shots! No wonder you have sponsors ! :)

I am still waiting for the parts to arrive from the US - can wait, just looking at my bare hull which sits on my balcony....

Andrew

750SX

DO IT
just got done lookin at your build, It looks great dude!!!! Fox is right about bypassing some water away from that valve, it will give you more snap/cleaner throttle response. I'm running one in my sx with no restriction in the bypass line.

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Thank you 750 I sketched this up to make double extra sure i actually understand what your all talking about. If it is then, I'll do it before i ride Sunday.
attachment.php

Attachments

• watermaping.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,243
Last edited:

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
yeah we did i had a feeling you didnt see my water T
But hot bars are when you run a line off a pisser line up your handlepole and T it off so you have hot(warm)water spraying on your handlebar grips. A few of the pismo and oceanside guys do it.

Top Bottom