300/440/550 Pics of my 550SX Rebuild Footholds,Versiplug, Complete Refoam.

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
fearless, did you relocate your extinguisher? I wanna keep my boat completely legal. especially with being a promoter of a freeride. the authorities, or someone else would look for any reason to shut us down if we don't play by the rules. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to the tube on my ski and putting the extinguisher under the hood sideways across the back strapped to the top inside of the hood. I don't have as much room under there as you, but wanted to get your sentiments.

btw, I need you to move east so I won't take all the crap for riding as sx around these parts!

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
fearless, did you relocate your extinguisher? I wanna keep my boat completely legal. especially with being a promoter of a freeride. the authorities, or someone else would look for any reason to shut us down if we don't play by the rules. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to the tube on my ski and putting the extinguisher under the hood sideways across the back strapped to the top inside of the hood. I don't have as much room under there as you, but wanted to get your sentiments.

btw, I need you to move east so I won't take all the crap for riding as sx around these parts!

No i am actually not carrying a fire extinguisher... yet:sneaky:
So with your 750 I have no idea im running the 5 gal tank from Gordy that i think you have that doesnt help much SO i think im going to find a really small one and find a spot on the gas tank to strap it and or near the battery.

as far as moving East meh... I like being the West coast old school rider. However Id love to come ride with you guys or hell come ride with us. I think its warmer here:purr:.

To everyone else
The ski is done! It ran great over the weekend untill the Pipe grommit wore out because i installed it the wrong way. the footholds worked pretty good I need to shave off some more padding to get a better fit but my surf stance worked amazing in the holds. and the tubbies with my Trued hull OMG Despite engine set backs my 550 handles like an SXR! It is so much fun i was loving riding down the face of 7-9 ft faces and not pearling. so some minor fix it problems and ill be back in the water sunday. Pictures will come, ill need some more time though so hang in there the ski is at my shop so i will finish this thread eventually.
Thanks
-Mark

Attachments

• FR8.jpg
    FR8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 411
  • FR4.jpg
    FR4.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update Final

Pic 1 John helping me with the turfing

Pic 2 The T nut and plate mounts for the Dakine footstraps

Pic 3
the chaos of maping fuel lines and electrical around my drive line.

pic 4
the 90 degree bilge pump laying flat. works great in the surf pretty creative thanks to John with the concept.

Attachments

• img179.jpg
    img179.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 289
  • img180.jpg
    img180.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 205
  • img181.jpg
    img181.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 275
  • img182.jpg
    img182.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 281

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Update Final

Here is the Final photo shoot i just took to wrap this Build Thread
Its been a long journey and a fun project. I'm so stoked with how it turned out and am very apreciative to my friends and sponsors who supported me along the way.
Gordon at Pacific Motorsports
John Crab @ Performance Fiberglass in La Habra (Perfection is his specialty)
Hydro Turf
Bob Conboy president of American Air Balance Co.

and Finally Peter and Wamilton at Wamiltons Customs who believe in my potential and dedication enough to have found me a 2004 RN superjet with footholds for free!

And thank all of you for keeping the hype up, suggestions and support.

Until the Super jet project starts youl see my Oceanside picture updates.
Enjoy
-Mark
Final Shoot
IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7278.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7271.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

IMG_7264.jpg

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

IMG_7259.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

2av.jpg

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

DSC04198.jpg

DSC04215.jpg

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Taking a closer look at your engine bay, do you have a bypass before your jetworks valve? If not you should add one with a restrictor in it.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
I dont have firsthand experience with Jetworks control valve, I always make my own, but unless they have some tricky little do dad in theres, its just a popoff device. Yes it natrually restricts flow due to design itself, it cant flow as easy as a single 3/8" line... But thats not the point.

The point is to add a bypass in front of it so not all the water is directed straight to your valve, instead diverting alot away, otherwise all your doing is stopping flow to the exhaust at Idle, then dumping a lot when the valve pops off. You have to lower the pop off of the valve to about 2-4 psi, and then play with the restrictor that you put into the bypass, I personally used a doubled sided brass barb fitting that had something like a 3 or 4 mm opening. Just make sure to test the thing before you really use it, making sure that the valve opens up around 3k rpms or something around there.

Top Bottom