Project RiverRat II

RiverRat

So...............when you call Jeff he answers the phone???

I usually have to try a few time throughout the day. He has been hammered with orders and things. Since Daytona he has shipped 14 hulls, so he is working full time on stuff. He was saying he needs a secretary but is not quite in a position to hire one yet. I think it has been difficult for him to cope with this surge of business. He went from just himself and Chris last year to having 3 additional employees, office work, payroll stuff.....ect. I think he is not only spending the time in the shop but doing all of the office stuff and talking on the phone most the day. If you are going to order stuff from him I suggest that you be ready for a wait.......not a long wait but just plan ahead for a hull........3-6 months is about his norm. My hull is a one off custom job and Mike's is a rediculous custom. Regretably there is premium in the form of time that goes along witha custom taylored boat. I don't think he is to the point where you order something and ............poof it shows up. He is working on stocking up on REV hulls (glass and prepreg) but it will just take time. He can't produce them fast enough b/c the demand has exploded for all of his parts. However, keep in mind that a Maros 24/7 hood was at least a 2-3 month lead time. I waited over 3 months for my stuff from XFT last year.......I waited 3 months for a nose peice from 24/7. Maros made some killer stuff but he was a Royal PIA to contact by any means, phone or email. So as slow as WDK appears to be he is achually just above average for stuff in my book. And I have done business with allot of places. The fastest parts I have received have been from Blowsion, but they keep stuff in stock. Their custom stuff takes just as long.

Hopefully I will have some pics of the X-jet here soon!!! I will see if I can get it down to GA as a bare hull people can check it out and look it over.

Last edited:
I usually have to try a few time throughout the day. He has been hammered with orders and things. Since Daytona he has shipped 14 hulls, so he is working full time on stuff. He was saying he needs a secretary but is not quite in a position to hire one yet. I think it has been difficult for him to cope with this surge of business. He went from just himself and Chris last year to having 3 additional employees, office work, payroll stuff.....ect. I think he is not only spending the time in the shop but doing all of the office stuff and talking on the phone most the day. If you are going to order stuff from him I suggest that you be ready for a wait.......not a long wait but just plan ahead for a hull........3-6 months is about his norm. My hull is a one off custom job and Mike's is a rediculous custom. Regretably there is premium in the form of time that goes along witha custom taylored boat. I don't think he is to the point where you order something and ............poof it shows up. He is working on stocking up on REV hulls (glass and prepreg) but it will just take time. He can't produce them fast enough b/c the demand has exploded for all of his parts. However, keep in mind that a Maros 24/7 hood was at least a 2-3 month lead time. I waited over 3 months for my stuff from XFT last year.......I waited 3 months for a nose peice from 24/7. Maros made some killer stuff but he was a Royal PIA to contact by any means, phone or email. So as slow as WDK appears to be he is achually just above average for stuff in my book. And I have done business with allot of places. The fastest parts I have received have been from Blowsion, but they keep stuff in stock. Their custom stuff takes just as long.

Hopefully I will have some pics of the X-jet here soon!!! I will see if I can get it down to GA as a bare hull people can check it out and look it over.

well said.....

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
The hull is currently in transit to Louisville, via Jeep Cherokee rooftop, some pink rope, and yellow and purple flower shaped water noodles.

It's also dropped our mpg from 17+ to under 15.

RiverRat

I do hvae the hull in my possession and although I have to transport it 500+ miles to my house I am pleased with the hull so far. It is thin in spots and there are a few odds and ends that I need to clean up but it is a flat water purpose built hull. I appears to be strong where it matters and thin in other spots. We will not no for sure until I have it on the water.

I am still on the road right now but will post some pics tonight if it is not to dark out.

I did get to ride a ski with my motor and driveline in it and was very pleased with the outcome. The performance was strong and clean...even though I did not sit down and do the fine tunning. I will ride it in my buddies hull for a couple more weeks while I assemble the X-Jet :biggrin:

Last edited:

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
I do hvae the hull in my possession and although I have to transport it 500+ miles to my house I am pleased with the hull so far. It is thin in spots and there are a few odds and ends that I need to clean up but it is a flat water purpose built hull. I appears to be strong where it matters and thin in other spots. We will not no for sure until I have it on the water.

I am still on the road right now but will post some pics tonight if it is not to dark out.

I did get to ride a ski with my motor and driveline in it and was very pleased with the outcome. The performance was strong and clean...even though I did not sit down and do the fine tunning. I will ride it in my buddies hull for a couple more weeks while I assemble the X-Jet :biggrin:

Was your ski the yellow hull w/ the black bottom?

RiverRat

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1572.jpg
    IMG_1572.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 73

RiverRat

hood :woot: Not Prepreg but one the nicest wet laid hoods I have ever seen. Redesigned the handholds for a more comfortable feel.

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpg
    IMG_1578.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    IMG_1579.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg