RICKTER talk

I need to install new side rail turf on my FS2. Anyone know if the side rails on the Rickter FS2 are the same as a 2000-2007 Superjet? I want to get the pre cut turf but can only find it for superjets?

Thanks

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
They are not the same. Just buy a sheet of turf and cut them yourself. Rails are about the easiest thing to turf

motoman96

Banned
Rick Roy playing on the new XFS ninja, not too shabby.
c6e4d89d-2fa9-0063.jpg

Well after what is probably the longest build in history I have finally completed my new XFR. Dasa 1100 (pump gas), 48mm Riva powerbombs, PF pipe and wbox, 148 Maxx pump, Thrust trim bla bla bla. The only stock components are the midshaft and start stop switch, everything else AM and sought out on the internet which is probably why it took so long as even the stainless metric bolts are ridiculously hard to find here so I purchased them everytime I travelled to the US in bulk.
I havent many pics yet and it looks like any other XFR anyway so I figured why do a build thread? The build went very smooth except for the longer Rickter cold fusion couplers which I need to remove and shorten as the PF pipe is jammed up in the front of the hull and the motor is at the front limit of the motor mounts.
RRP and Jetmaniac were big suppliers in the project and were great to deal with so big props to both, plus I installed an EPIC ignition and Steve UK and QJS helped me with the install and maps (incredibly easy btw!), Dasa with the Jetting of the Powerbombs and the plumbing (people always underestimate these carbs), all these guys were great suppliers!
The long and short of it is I have no skills for this thing yet, over 25 years on jetskis but these new skis are a different animal, its kinda like piloting a top fuel dragster while standing on a bar of soap!
Its going to be a long learning curve but I am already very pleased that it has a remarkable resemblance of flickability like my FX1 and loves to lean over so with only 2 tanks thru the 3 gallon JAZZ tank I am totally digging it!
The power is just nuckin futt's, I have raced motorcycles for almost 40 years usually with very exotic motors, and just the look of the billet 1100 is the nicest motor I have ever had. But back to the power, JEEEZUZ CHRIST! I am able to hold the throttle down for about 2 seconds before it starts to scare my old bones, the 148 setback pump puts it all down too with no slippage, the Thrust Trim is waaay lighter than the XS I had on my Trinity and maybe one day I will actually need it, haha!.
I am pulling it all apart to machine the coupler shorter this week and then its back to the lake for some serious training, I shoulda started jogging 6 months ago to be able to hold on for more than 15 minutes! Anyway, just gotta say I am really happy how this thing runs and handles, now I gotta go look for a bag of tricks I apparently have lost!

Last edited:

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Just an FYI. The extended CF couplers are for use with a b-pipe on fr-2s , to keep the headpipe from hitting the hood flange ( its so you dont need the spacers that rrp sends.) If running a power factor pipe , standard lenght couplers are what should be used.
Db

Just an FYI. The extended CF couplers are for use with a b-pipe on fr-2s , to keep the headpipe from hitting the hood flange ( its so you dont need the spacers that rrp sends.) If running a power factor pipe , standard lenght couplers are what should be used.
Db

Haha, I learned that late, no extended couplers on XFS or XFR. Thanks for helping me out DB, problem will be rectified ASAP.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Questions for you FS2/FR2 guys. Where exactly are you routing the throttle cable?

I'm running single rear pull carb with a Kwai 750 throttle cable and the thing barely reaches. In fact it is so taunt that it has already broken at the top where it screws into the finger throttle.

MEZZ

"Life is good Green"
deffinetly give brian a call at Thrust innovation. great guy to deal with and very knowlegable about the RRP and RICKTER line up.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Anyone tried the different FS2/FR2 rideplates? I am running the small/short plate now and thinking about trying the medium one to see if it keeps the nose down a little more in the surf. Looking for any feedback from someone who has tried any of the MED or LONG plates.

Thanks.

145.jpg

Update on this:

After 16days of surfriding in Daytona focusing on actually improving my riding, I felt like I needed to try something to keep the nose down a bit more on the FS2. Its really not that bad, but I felt like my weight was in the right spot and was still room for improvement. Talked to Zack at daytona and he told me his bro Jake is using the Medium plate on his FR2 and its definetly an improvement over the short plate. So I picked up the MEDIUM RRP rideplate from Thrust at the freeride. Will install it for the spring and see what difference it makes.

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Site Supporter
I have both the long and short plate and there is a very noticeable differance between the 2. Curious to hear you thoughts.

Top Bottom